November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Shampoo - Rusk - Sensories Healthy Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kelliku92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo/conditioner combo is AWFUL! I agree completely with the other reviewers who said that this product left their hair dried out and unmanageable. I have incredibly healthy hair and scalp, but this made my hair feel brittle and caused it to tangle easily. I would not recommend this product to anyone!

The scent was what drew me into this, but it isn't worth the terrible awful way it makes my hair feel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this shampoo at all. I think it is best suited to people with short/medium length hair that is somewhat oily. My hair is long and thick and tends to be on the dry side. This shampoo completely stipped my hair of moisture and shine. I was using twice as much conditioner to try and compensate for the drying effect of the shampoo but my hair kept getting worse and worse (I hate wasting products so I kept making myself use this for about 2 weeks) and eventually it was totally unmanageable. I would have terrible tangles and knots in my hair by mid day, it wouldn't hold a style, just laid there dull and lifeless looking. I'm keeping it because I think it makes a good stripping shampoo. If I ever feel like I have product build up in my hair this is what I would use to get rid of it. I do a olive oil treatment in my hair about once every one or two weeks. I put warm olive oil on my hair about an hour before I shower then I shampoo the oil out. Olive oil doesn't wash out easily and that is good because you want enough oil left in the hair to provide shine and body. Well this shampoo completely removed the olive oil too! I couldn't believe it. My hair was every bit as dry and tangled after the oil treatment as it was before. I will never repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess I am one of the few that hate this shampoo. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner and it broke my face out to hell and back. As soon as I stopped using it, my faced cleared up so I guess I am sensitve to one of the ingreadents in the shampoo or the conditoner. I'm not sure which one irritates my skin, so I just quit on both. This shampoo does have a really nice smell though, and I do like other Rusk products but this one just doesn't work for me. Anything that breaks me out get a 0 in my book.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring a good score down, but I can't recommend this wash. It positively left my hair devoid of any moisture, that no amount of conditioner could combat. After about a week, my hair turned brassy, frizzy, and a bit crunchy at the ends (resulting from split ends).

Unfortunate, because this wash has a great fragrance, lathers well, cleans, and is relatively cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shoefanatic

I like this shampoo. The smell is amazing, I was just complimented on it the other night. It does the job of cleaning my hair and not stripping it too much and has a nice lather. The bottle I bought is huge so I'm a bit tired of it now that I'm near the end, I will probably experiment with another shampoo before going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by stefuhknee

I can't get enough of the smell of this shampoo. It smells wonderful. When I started using this shampoo it had been through many different color processes as well as styling damage. After using this product for a weeks, I noticed a difference in how shiny and soft my hair was. It didn't leave a nasty buildup and left my hair full of life.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2006 10:25:00 AM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it, but it's not a greatest shampoo. it gets my frizz away! LOVE THE SMELL.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

I was skeptical about this...esp because people seem to dislike Rusk shampoos and conditioners. But, I really love this Healthy shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels really clean and bouncy...not weighed down like it usually does from shampoos and conditioners that leave a buildup on my hair and scalp. Smells amazing too!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I believe that the Healthy line is new. I picked this up on clearance at Ulta as part of a set. This shampoo smells great, like all the other Rusk Sensories products. It has a good lather, cleanses well, and does not leave hair feeling stripped. My hair dried full and shiny. I find this performs very similar to the Calm shampoo. It's nothing spectular, but it's not bad either. As for its claims to "strengthen" hair, well, I don't really believe in any hair product's claim to perform miracles. If you can find this on sale and you like the smell, then go for it.