November 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - metallic creme eye colour - platinum

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Raddit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very shimmery, metallic, cream eyeshadow. It has tones of champagne and light pinky peach. The previous reviewer who commented that it is similar to Mac's stilife paint is right on the money :-) There are a couple of major differences between the texture and staying power though. First of all, the Laura Mercier goes on like silk. It is easily one of the smoothest and easiest to spread cream shadows that I have tried. The problem is (on me, anyway) that it has a tendency to crease and if I wear it without any sort of eyeshadow (powder) on top, my eyeliner melts into my crease. Its a very nice color and I adore the texture when I'm applying it, but the staying power isn't that great, in my opinion. At $22, its not super expensive (it will last forever, because you only need a tiny dot for each eye), but I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by deniseraegraff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cream shadow. I think it is a great shadow base in addition to a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

LM Creme Eye Shadows are absolutely incredible, and I think I've officially collected them all! Platinum is gorgeous, although the name is misleading. It's not "Platinum", but more of a shimmery champagne/beige (simliar to MAC Stilife paint). As with all LM creme shadows, the texture and consistency is exceptional. This glides on like a dream, and doesn't budge at all on me. It makes for a wonderful base for powder eyeshadows, and because the color is so neutral, this would work for just about any colors you pair it with. All in all, huge raves and one I reach for quite often and adore!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Beckaroosy

I got this product as a free sample so I can't comment too much on price. I have to say that if I did pay money for it, it wouldn't be full price. I'd definitely try to find it discounted. It's a nice shimmery golden champagne color. It creases like most cream shadows do on me but can be easily fixed with one swipe of a finger. I grab this color anytime I want to keep my eyes fresh and understated. While I like the color and consistency of this product, I don't think that it's special enough to warrant Laura Mercier's usually high price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is the best cream eye shadow I have ever used. It does not crease at all and you only need a tiny amount. At first I was worried that it was a little too frosty, and might make me look tired, but it is very pretty on. It also comes off very easily. I will def try some of the other colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by dreamer0105

It's a everyday color for me. It doesn't smudge, stays on all day, and I can pack on color on top of it. I'm so happy I found it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I used this, it was a sample size received from Sephora as a VIP. I loved it so much, I used it everyday. This made me realize that I should purchase the full size. And I still love it! This is an easy, daily use staple product. Platinum is a soft, shimmery pale, champagne. Be careful not to apply too much... it leads to creasing. Lasts 6-8 hours without a base/primer. A fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much that I use it almost every single day. The packaging is so adorable and practical - because it comes in a tube, you don't have to worry about contaminating the entire product whenever you use it (unlike pots). This glides on creamy and smooth, and the color is extremely buildable - you can go from sheer to very metallic/shimmery. When I am in a hurry, I use only this on my lids - no primer, no shadow - and I am good to go! Otherwise, I use this as an eyeshadow base under my shimmery neutral eyeshadows (Christian Dior palette in Iridescent Leather). Another plus is that a little goes a long way with this product, so one tube will last you quite a while. I plan on buying this again whenever I run out, and I'll probably also grab this in the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lasts pretty well for a cream shadow; I'm impressed. I like this metallic-yet-soft shade under the arches of my brows and to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. It's a color you can find with probably almost any brand on the market, but the formula is blendable, lasting and soft so I would consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I got a smalle version of this as a gift with purchase. I use it from time to time and still have plenty left. I like to wear it over my whole lid. Recently, I bought Alloy (silvery taupe) and use them together.
It's got shimmer, but done well. It's not flashy. All the colors are flattering. It's expensive, but you'll get your money's worth.
It stays on long too. I rarely need to reapply and I have oily skin.
I want to get the Mercury (lavendar taupe) color next.