October 24, 2014 | 835 users online

Blush - NARS - Nico

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have not written a review on one of my HG Blushers of all time. As of today I have hit pan on NICO blush. This is marketed as a Blush although, it is so versatile it can be used as an all over highlighter for a candlelight glow, a soft focus eyeshadow and lastly and most used by moi a fabulous blusher. I am a huge Nars blush wearer and lover. I own a few Nars Blushers from Amour, Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Mata Hari and Nico. I love them all as they each help achieve a certain "look" when I am playing around with my makeup. I like to mix stuff up from Goth Rocker to Fairy Ethereal Rocker.
I wear Nico when I am playing up the lips and lining out the eyes for example today I am rocking out Rebel lipstick by MAC, Nico blush, They're Real Mascara by Benefit with eye look Pearl CCB by MAC all over the lid, upper lid eyeliner in Alligator by Gosh and Urban Decay liner on lower lid in Graffiti, inner corner Lemon Soda eyeliner by Gosh. I love this look! Green and Burgundy! Nico Blush pulls this look all together. Try it you will love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I have always loved the look of highlighters, but it is a challenge to find a good one for an oily-skinned girl like me. While others love Albatross, I found that the whitish gold frost was just too much for me. I've actually been eyeing this blush since I was 17 (I'm currently 24!!). I did not know the concept of highlighting back then, I just admired its description on the official website as a "natural glow." I feel that NARS doesn't always get their shade descriptions right (how many "peachy pink" shades do they have that aren't the same?). However, this is one instance that NARS gets it right. The finish is not frosty or shimmery. It is a somewhat sheer, creamy satin that livens my face. At least for my NC25/NARS Fiji skin, I can be as heavy handed as I like without looking like a newly fried chicken. I really feel that this is an underrated product and will repurchase!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just shamed myself into writing a Nico review, as I'd mentioned it doesn't get enough MUA love, then realized I'd also failed to formally give it its due. As someone else already said, Nico is neither a true highlighter nor a true blush, hence, perhaps, its uncertain MUA status. It's too light for most as a proper blush, and lacks the more obvious sparkle and shine of a highlighter like Albatross, since Nico's ever so slight beige/cream color tones down that starker, golden/white Albatross appearance. Which is why, for those of us who have tried Albatross and other 'subtle' highlighters (Mac Soft and Gentle, Hard Candy Tiki, and their ilk) and STILL find them a bit over the top for daily wear (and yeah, I confess, I'm in my early 50s so that could influence also), Nico is perfection. Just the slightest whisp of a warm glow, but nothing one could directly spot-even in front of a magnifying mirror. And yet it brightens and does help to very discretely highlight this NC20-25 warm toned skin. I use it under my eyes as a brightening concealer helper, under brows as highlighter, and also toss a brushful around my cheeks on days when I'm just looking a little less perky or tired than usual. And, voila, a Nico pick-me-up! I will spring for a truer highlighter at night sometimes, but Nico is a daytime workhorse for me, and I'll definitely buy another when the time comes.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Like everyone said below, I use this as a setting powder; buffing in with a kabuki brush.

Most dewy look ever. I look like I sparkle from within! No white cast, or powdery residue on top of the face. Just very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I fully understand that some people may not get this product - it is not a blush in spite of being sold as one! This is a brightening powder, and a lovely one for that. It isnīt gaudy or sparkly and wonīt make you look cheap. It is silky and if buffed in with a kabuki brush (of small to medium diameter) it sinks into your skin and brightens it. I used as an eye shadow, from lid to brow, as a brightening powder on my cheekbones and any point I want to bring out. If this sounds appealing to you,you may want to consider Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in BE206 - it is the same kind of product only in a yellow shade. If you are near a NARS counter, give this one a go.. you may have a eureka moment like I did..

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Tilly_Vision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am I the only person who actually uses this as a blush? I recently hit pan on my Sex Appeal, and whilst I didn't buy this to replace it (I bought this to highlight, after having read all the reviews on here- I have Albatross but it's too weird and frosty green on me!), it may have done so anyway! On me it is not a highlighter, it's a sheeny peach blush. I am very very fair. I'd probably be a NW5-10! And I love it! It makes me glow and tones in wonderfully with my blonde hair and the few freckles I have (it's the end of summer). So good!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Nars MUA @ Saks recommended this and I didn't see any need for it, nor did I "get" it, which paradoxically sent me back to purchase it because I thought I was getting hooked up with something special that was cool. Wrong. So wrong. This isn't even effective as an overall finish because it gets cakey. Wish I could return it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This has become part of my daily routine. I use this to set my BB corrector under my eyes. I bought this on a whim, enchanted by Nar's description of "natural glow". (I'm a sucker for highlighters). This is very natural looking. I haven't been using it as higlighter as I thought i would, partially because it is very natural looking, and I had just bought the new MAC extra dimension highlighters around the same time as Nico. Nevertheless, I find myself feeling like I'm missing a step when I don't use this. Its very expensive for what I use it for, but figure that it will last forever since I have to use so little.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by wendiizhou

BEST HIGHLIGHTER I'VE USED. This product has just enough shimmer in the product to highlight under your brow and cheekbones without you looking like a disco queen and its very hard to detect however you do notice a difference.

I have oily skin so I'm wary of putting 'glowing or shimmery' products on my face but this definitely does not add to the oil or tacky.

The size is very big and I doubt i'll hit pan very soon. great for people that like subtle makeup that makes you look fresh and natural!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like other reviewers have said, this is a really subtle highlighter. It's great for blending pigmented blushes too. To the untrained eye, you really can't tell you have it on. Which is why it's so good because it gives a beautiful glow which brightens the whole face. I love Albatross but found it could look a little stark on it's own. I still use Albatross very lightly over the top of Nico. I wouldn't use Albatross without blending it into Nico first though. Just hit pan and I'm repurchasing immediately, can't go without it!