July 30, 2014 | 2144 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Precision Volume Lift & Hold Hairspray

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by indrayani

This is something that I had been planning to write about since I myself started reading reviews on makeupalley.com...and I simple had to write about this hairspray because of the awful experience that it gave me again and again. I have thick, fine, curly+wavy hair and I like volume on the crown and the usual volume we girls love when styling and gave this a chance a lot many times before rejecting it.
It does absolutely NOTHING to my hair, except make it sticky and bit messy...
The packaging and all is ok..but it does nothing its supposed to...
hate it...
Waste of your money....dont buy..

Hope it was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the clean scent of it, it was not strong enough for my fine hair. Very tiny hold.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lisa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the smell is pleasant enough, however i was very disappointed with it's staying power. it didn't keep my hair in place and didn't add any lift to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vanilladiva45

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff. I use it on towel-dried hair and then blow-dry it upside down...and get bouncy shiny hair every time. I love this stuff...and the smell doesn't bother, as it doesn't last long. The bad news is...my local stores no longer carry this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this product. i've got short hair which i have cut into a chunky funky style.
My hair has grown out to 3inches now, and i can use this spray for exactly what it says: precision volume lift & hold. i use KMS HairPlay paste and then use Dove spray for the precision volume and lift and hold and then finish with a final light spray all over. A little goes a long way. Didn't leave that funny white film on top. Didn't leave my hair stiff and gooey or icky.Gets 4 lippies b/c only KMS HairPlay or Paul Mitchell dry wax are perfect 5 lippy styling products for me. As a drugstore product though, it does deserve 5 lippies. i'd prefer a different scent, and yes it is slightly reminiscent of Raid.. but not so much that it annoys me (and i'm super-sensitive to scents).. so i'll repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 7:14:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of the this hairspray, it has a nice clean scent. The hold is good, it keeps my hair in place without it feeling hard. The only bad thing is the sprayer breaks easily if you're not careful. I usually get my hairspray for free when I buy the conditioner from Costco but I would repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 8:09:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Offers good volume and hold and the nozzle is a nifty idea, but I just can't get past the smell to use this again (reminds me of Raid). Gave it to my daughter who loves it, but I have to wait 10 minutes to use the w/r because that horrible odour just chokes me up. I expect better than this from Dove, whose name is synonymous with gentle and unoffensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Zooker

I was looking for a new volumizing spray since I ran out of a former favorite that I was tiring of, and whah-lah! I've found a new favorite!! I didn't even know Dove made hair spray--LOL...this stuff did just what I thought it would, I love the precision spray nozzle, it worked like a charm, and I gotta say, this stuff smells wonderful!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Yakkoooew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that I was (and I would assume many others were) first attracted to this product after seeing its unique nozzle! I often use hairspray on my roots for volume and this spray looked like it would be so efficient to style with for that purpose. Unfortunately, it has the tendency to make my hair stiff and crunchy if I over-apply at ALL (which I am very prone to doing, I must confess), so I'll have random weird patches of hard hair on my head. Maybe I got a bad bottle, because it doesn't spray evenly... it comes out gloppy and feels like it is too thick to be a volumizing spray. (I guess I got too used to Aveda's Air Control hairspray-- which, on the other hand, is sooo light and airy that it makes a foggy cloud in my bathroom!) I don't think I'll be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 1:40:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Love this stuff and love the design of the bottle which is distinctly mousse like. It also makes it easier for targeted control and for root lift. This is so far, one of the best hair sprays I have used for lifting and adding body, that of course, could change, but for now I give it a four lippie rating. Will update when been using longer.