April 17, 2014 | 942 users online

Treatments - LUSH - h'suan wen hua conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure about this one.
My hair is completely fried: bleach, dye, blonde highlights x 2 in less than 3 months. I need a heavy hair mask. I intended to buy the Davines nounou repairing mask but could not find a decent price/shipping for it on the internet.
I know LUSH has some good hair products, and I bought this one because it's supposed to be heavy duty.
The smell is very strong, but didn't bother me that much. I left the mask (thick coat on my dry, unwashed hair) for 30 minutes, then did my shampoo and conditioner (not from LUSH).
I let my (short) hair dry and then I used heat on the front. I used my usual heat protector as well. My hair feels a tiny bit smoother but not THAT MUCH. I am not impressed. I can see that the hair on top (which are longer, picture Jennifer Lawrence) are somewhat repaired, but it's not a miracle. Maybe because my hair is really damaged....Anyway, won't repurchase!!

UPDATE: after three uses, the smell makes me want to puke....At first it didn't bother me but now it does. I'm taking off a lippie. Plus, it doesn't really make my hair healthier so.....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by lopri2013

I don't know what's up with some people on here, but I LOVED the smell of this product. It's spicy, exotic and lingers beautifully for around a week. The smell is probably my favourite thing about H'suan,actually! I do find that you've got to use quite a bit in order to completely cover your hair (despite only having shoulder length hair), but the pot still lasted around 5 uses for me. Most of the time I left it on for about 40 mins (I'm skeptical about leaving it on for longer after reading a study that found hair absorbs all the moisture it can after 30mins, but did an extra 10 minutes just in case). Although it doesn't make my hair super soft, it certainly makes it feel stronger, more healthy and shiny. It also doesn't seem to get dirty for longer, which is always good for me because I'm a serial offender of over-washing my hair (even waiting 2 days in an eternity sometimes). And I just love that I can smell the spices when I flick my hair around. Would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I really did not expect to like this hair mask, and to be honest, it was a last minute impulse purchase. I saw it sitting by the register as I was checking out, read the ingredients without smelling it, and decided that I would give it a go. When I took it home and openned the pot for the first time, I was a bit shocked to say the least. I guess that I was used to the light smell of Redken's Heavy Cream of the scentless Diamond Oil which is what I had previously been using, so the intense smell of chai threw me off for a minute. I like the smell of chai so this product does not bother me, but I am not kidding when I say that it is STRONG.

Honestly, for what H'suan Wen Hua does for my hair, however, I would use it even if it smelt a whole lot worse. I leave it on a LOT longer than the recommended 20 to 30 minutes. I think that the shortest time I have had it on was three hours and the longest was over night. But once I rinse it out, my hair is incredibly soft. I follow it up with Fair Trade Honey Shampoo and American Cream Conditioner, and I swear, this is the best my hair has ever looked. It does not leave my hair greasy and the scent lasts all day.

For 20.95 USD it is similar in price to the Heavy Cream and less than the Diamond Oil, so I have no problems repurchasing. The only downside is that I only got about six or maybe seven uses out of my last pot which is a bummer, But only using it once a week has allowed me to get about two months worth of masks which is not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by brookekthnx

This is a HG product for me, it smells like cinnamon and bananas and has a nice thick consistancy, I just pile it on and wrap my hair in a towel to let it sit and then wash it all out with Lush's Jumpin' Juniper shampoo bar. My hair has never felt so amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by tubitubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ruined my hair with a bad dye job recently and this product along with Lush's Rehab and American Cream restored it to its pre-treatment state. After the second use, my hair went from crunchy, dry and tangled to soft, smooth and shiny. The scent lingers for days and reminds me of a spicy cream cheese cinnamon roll which layers wonderfully with the scent of American Cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

Ok, I HATE the smell of this stuff, It really turns my stomach, but I'll put up with it because it gives my hair amazing shine and lustre! I leave this in for 40 mins, and apply it more heavily around my roots, and the results are brilliant!!! 0 for smell, 4 for usefulness, so I'll probably be back for more

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Brookeelise

I've gone through two containers of this and haven't seen a slight improvement in my hair. I really don't understand why, but my hair literally feels exactly the same after I use it. I've left it in any where from the 20 minutes it says on the directions, to 3 hours and still no results. It also leaves a strange smell in my hair for a few days. I'm not going to purchase this again. I prefer the bumble and bumble creme de coco mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hate the smell. This first time I smelt it I physically vomited. I got it offline so I did not know how it smelt. Then again, I HATE cinnamon.
Tried better pre-shampoo hair masks so was quite disappointing as it wasn't very moisturizing.

EDIT: After using up the whole tub I have to say that the product is quite moisturising. I still cannot stand the smell but it's worth it for the results that it gives. I believe that my hair is taking better to it now as the packaging says to use this once a week for 6 weeks on really dry hair. Not my favourite pre-shampoo treatment but I probably will repurchase this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Jasmines07

I've started using this product recently..
Really enjoying it. Although it doesn't smell that appealing, the product definetly works!
The ends of my hair are very dry, this product has helped a lot.
I see the differeance when i straighten my hair or curel it, as the stays in place, and doesn't dry out.
Downside- expensive, however i only use it 1-2 a fortnight, so worth it i guess.
Will re-purchase this product!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by purplegobstopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First off, yes, this smells pretty vile. However if you can stand the smell for a while, it will leave your hair silky soft. I applied it in the morning when I got up, put my hair up with a large hair clamp and had breakfast. As long as I didn't move around too much, the smell would be hardly noticeable. Then after about an hour or so I would get in the shower and rinse it out. Followed by shampooing my hair twice and using conditioner. The scent disappeared completely and after my hair was dry, it felt AH-MA-ZING. It's true that you need quite an amount (I have pretty thick, over the shoulder hair) for one use and that's what makes this product quite expensive. Splurging on it once in a while is totally justifiable though in my book ;D