LUSH h'suan wen hua conditioner

3.5

Fresh Bay Infusion (Pimenta acris) , Fresh Watercress Infusion (Nasturtium officinale) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Fresh Organic Bananas (Musa paradisiaca) , Fresh Organic Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Balsamic Vinegar , Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Lanolin , Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia) , Soya Lecithin , *Cinnamyl Alcohol , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 6/9/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

What a strange product. It caused my curly, 3b hair to turn into a tangled mass of jute-like ropes. And it made my scalp itch like I had a flea infestation (comparison based on cat observation). I'd never before used anything from LUSH, but I got a sample of this, and I tried it before I read the ingredients. That was stupid of me.

H'Suan Wen Hua gets my personal #1 award for the weirdest ingredients list I've ever seen in my life. How can this be vegetarian when it contains wool fat (lanolin)? Except for the Methylparaben and Propylparaben, this is bascially a salad vinaigrette (with some "free range eggs" and... bananas)...but...

The true shock came when I saw Sodium Lauryl Sulfate at the top of the ingredients list. This isn't Sodium Laureth Sulfate (which I avoid completely even though it's considered gentle)...it's WORSE. Sodium lauryl sulfate is an irritant. The MSDS for sodium lauryl sulfate's "Health Hazard Data" lists problems from inhaling it, getting it in your eyes, and leaving it on skin for more than a few seconds. I know, of course, that this ingredient works for many people, and it doesn't always cause bad reactions, I just happen to be one of the people for whom this ingredient is poison. Generally, those of us with curly hair learned long-ago that "sulfate-free" isn't just a fashion trend, for our hair types, ((and "sulfate-free" is about avoiding the GENTLE detergent (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)). I realize it's likely I have the wrong hair type to benefit from "the god of hair".

But, still... I am bothered by this product, because I'm pissed off at LUSH's marketing. They make their products look like the produce section at Whole Foods, but there's nothing "fresh" about Parabens and cheapo detergents. Squash a banana in dish soap and "Voila"...you've got H'Suan Wen Hua. This isn't an expensive product, but it's still overpriced for what it is. I am not allergic to parabens, but apparently scores of others are. Most respectable companies now use alternative preservatives to make their products safer for everybody. It's well known that, like SLS, parabens are dirt cheap. LUSH doesn't claim to be a "natural" company, but considering their popularity, you would think they'd attempt to use higher quality ingredients. LUSH is a Greenwasher in the worst possible way.

I'm obsessed with the smell of this stuff!!! It's magic for my bleached platinum hair. The holy grail of hair masks! I get about two masks out if one pot on my medium length hair. If you want to see real results though ( esp for color treated damaged hair) you MUST leave it on for at least an hour. When I last did s hair mask tho I left it on for 4 hours wrapped in plastic n covered with a winter hat to help let the mask continue to develop. If it drys it stops working 😉

on 5/31/2015 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Leave it more than 20 mins in the hair & use a hot towel before your wash voila u have gorgeous mane ! A little steep on the pocket for the quantity but worth the splurge ;) I have coloured hair so this makes it really soft. Would recommend sparing application or just as much as u need not as recommended by them or it would last only 2ce. I have long thick hair & live in a hot climate. Would definitely buy this again.

on 5/31/2015 2:02:00 AM

I bought this product hoping it would revive my fine, damaged and dry hair. I am almost through my first tub and I don't think I will be repurchasing.

For the price you don't really get a lot of use out of it. I have long-ish hair but its very fine and I will be lucky to get 3 uses out of it. The guy who sold it to me (who had really short hair) told me he gets 2-3 uses so compared to him I was pretty stingy when I put it on. But still, my hair was completely lathered in it.

It didn't really seem to make that much difference to my hair. The first time I used it I put it on for just over the recommended 20 minutes. The second time I used it I put it on for around 5 hours. The longer I left it on seemed to make a bit of difference, but honestly, the results weren't that great. My hair was a bit softer and even though I have fine hair it did not weigh it down which is a big bonus. But I have used better products for the same price, that last a lot longer and have much better results so I think I will be sticking to them. At least it didn't damage my hair.

Oh, and the smell that everyone seems to complain about...it isn't that bad.

on 5/17/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not 100% how much im into this, smell wise no it's not exciting but this isn't a daily use product so it's fine, you do have to use a lot so it doesn't go as far as your usual lush product. My hair wasn't 100% when I used this and it did help but wasn't like a miracle cream, I plan on trying again and I'll update this again!

on 5/17/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

:( I'm sorry, but this just did not work for me. It did leave my hair feeling a little more conditioned, and did make it shinier and easier to brush. But the smell was horrendous on me. In the tub, and when applying it, I thought it was quite nice and interesting. Spicy, like chai tea or something gingery. When I washed it out my hair felt great, but after a couple of hours my body chemistry makes it smells like sick. It smelled so nice on my fiance, so I have no idea why it made my head smell like warm vomit.

on 5/1/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have type 2a hair, meaning it is slighty wavy, with very fine/thin strands. It is prone to frizz and easily weight down, meaning I loose volume way to easy. My hair is in good condition, since I don't use heatstyling or colour it. (I have my natural brown colour).
I bought this just to maintain/or even make my hair healthier. This treatment didn't have any effect on my hair whatsoever.
it is expensive since I only got like 3 applications from one pot of this treatment. (And I only applied it from the ears and down, and my hair is shoulder-length).
It didnt even make my ends better!

cons:
-pricey
- dont work on normal hair
- scent not too nice

pros:
doesn't dry your hair/makes it worse.

on 3/29/2015 3:36:00 PM

Amazing this product saved my bleach fried hair from falling out. Love this stuff.

on 2/23/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Have repurchased this product time and time again. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th pot since I found it and began using it as part of my beauty routine. So, warning right off the bat, the smell is extremely strong, and for me not the most pleasant in the world. The reason I deal with it and continue to use this product is because of the improvement I've seen in my hair.

I have incredibly fine, thin hair that breaks easily, and I have noticed a tremendous difference in the amount of breakage since I started using this product. I believe that it has helped in the elasticity of my hair as well as the overall health of it. Again, the smell is very hard for me to take, but I love the results.

on 2/23/2015 8:40:00 AM

Smells like cinnamon and vinegar. The cinnamon smell stays lightly on hair after it dries. Excellent product for dry hair. Not that good for people with chemical damage (i'd say go for something stronger than this if thats your case).

I have natural hair, only thing I do to it is blow dry ocasionally. This product made my hair soft, strong, and didn't weight it down even after 2 days and added a beautiful balance to it. Washed it out with Cynthia Sylvia Stout(shampoo also from lush) and they complement each other beautifully, cause Cynthia is a strong shampoo that doesn't left any residue behind.

This product will last for 10 uses minimum. No need to use half package in one use at all, I guess that will over coat your hair and leave a residue.

Buying this for life.