July 25, 2014 | 1921 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 36 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Jevans67

I purchased this sunscreen after reading the reviews on MUA. I have extremely sun sensitive pale skin & needed a product to cope with the 40+ days of an Australian summer. I can't make any comment on frequent use, as I do tend to stay out of the sun & use it sporadically. I have oily combo skin & it leaves me with an incredibly matte finish. I use it as a sun screen & makeup primer when going to music festivals. My skin stays matte & my makeup perfect all day. Today I also discovered after going to a funeral that my makeup still hadn't budged after crying a lot. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Lelik99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I lost count of how many bottles of this sunscreen I purchased. I love it! Whenever I stray from it and try other products I regret it and come right back to my lil gem. It controls oily skin like no other and makes a great base-primer for foundation. The only grip is it dries my skin out a little, so make sure to apply a moisturiser first.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Vanad1s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this sunscreen (and I've tried many), bought it for summer use but I'm now using it all year round since it gives a smooth, matte finish on natural days and works as an excellent primer on makeup days. There will be no white cast unless you splash it on very generously... but I've found that this protects me very well even when I use as much as I would with any cream. I've never had any problems with dryness since I first put on a moisturizer... I really like how it "locks in" any serum or daycream. The scent is light and pleasant. I'm on my fourth bottle and will keep buying it. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by bookworm789

LOVE LOVE this product!!!! Tried quite a few sunscreens that just makes my skin even more oily and made me break out. This doubles as a fantastic make-up primer for me because it creates a flawless canvas for my make-up. I only need to blot once or twice during the day. Definitely 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I bought this product for a lot cheaper at a local Marshalls. I've seen them more than once, so check Marshalls near you! You might get lucky and snatch some! :)

I always apply a moisturizer under this.

I have an oily t-zone but somehow this controls my oils pretty well. It is also very water resistant. And very effective!
    I stayed out in the pool for about 4-5 hours with this sunblock on my face. Didn't get burned at all! (got burned everywhere else.... damn you Aveeno!)
    I have acne-prone skin as well and it didn't break me out.

highly recommended :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is very drying and somewhat uncomfortable to wear after a few hours. I have combination skin and find I must use a moisturizer before applying this or my face will feel like cement. Also, you have to take the time to really cleanse your skin at the end of the day or you will end up with milia. I use an oil-based cleanser to remove it. There are better products out there including elta MD UV Physicial - SPF 41, which is by far superior to this and much more comfortable to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by stinkypuppy

This stuff is the bomb. I've been using it every day for 3-4 years now. I'm fair with combination skin, and this sunscreen leaves a nice smooth matte-ish finish. It's a little greasy right after you put it on, but then dries/absorbs in a couple of minutes. I put it on after moisturizer. My only worry is that it might contain very small (nano) particles like other high-end sunscreens, which are thought by many to be unsafe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

If you have very oily skin and the thought of sunscreen for the face scares you, try this. It really is mattifying and doesn't leave a horrid white cast. I used to completely avoid all sunscreens for the face in fear my oil slick skin would become even oilier, but it actually helps control it. I'm very fond of this sunscreen, I believe it may be HG status for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by stardusted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started with a few small samples of this then decided to buy the full sized product. Was not cheap but I think it was money well spent because I like this product a lot. I have been using it for the past few weeks and it has been great at keeping my face matte. My face is usually an oil slick by evening, it was gross and I don't think it was helping my skin at all. But with this I find that my skin isn't as oily at the end of the day and I don't really find it necessary to blot my face anymore. I also don't find that I need to use a moisturiser before I apply this because even though it does tend to accentuate flakes, I don't find it drying.. if that makes any sense. Where it gets flaky is usually the areas where I've been picking (bad habit, I know) and spots that are scabbing over etc. It goes on smooth and gives just enough moisture for me. A lot of people have mentioned that it leaves them with a bit of a white cast. I don't have that issue at all. When first applying it, my skin may appear slightly lighter but after a while, it just sinks in, giving my skin a healthy tone. I have used the Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 Lotion before and I found it to be more drying than this and it definitely left a white cast, whereas I don't have those issues with this one. I use Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil to remove it at the end of the day. Hopefully this has ended my search for a sunscreen + moisturiser!

UPDATE: This was ok for a while, I thought I had found my perfect sunscreen but every time I used it, it would first be great for a couple of days but with prolonged use, it was obvious that it was clogging my pores. I thought I was being thorough in removing it at night. I've given it a couple of tries on different occassions and I just ended up with clogged pores every time. Have since given up using it and the cons outweighed the pros.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this sunscreen is good for oily skin because it prevents shiny breakthrough and also acts as a primer for my foundation. I just made sure to remove it with an oil based remover because it is water resistant.
    It is a bit thick and very drying, so I need to use a moisturizer underneath. I find that it has a strong white cast, my boss actually wanted to send me home because she thought I was ill due to me looking so pale with this on. So I tend to not put on the recommended amount, which lessens the amount of sun protection I'm getting.
    Due to this being so mask-like and drying, I will continue to search for a better sunscreen. I preferred the lotion, because the white cast was slightly less.