November 28, 2014 | 1893 users online

Eye Primer - Hard Candy - Plain Glaze eye base pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2005 7:28:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the presentation of this product. A really huge chunky pencil, with a cute sparkly sharpener and even more sparkly sponge-tip applicator (although I prefer fingers). The pencil is a pretty neutral shimmery shade on and is quite nice alone. I wore with a gold shimmery powder eye-shadow and it looked fresh all night, although I'm not sure if that was down to this pencil or not. I will have to practice more with other eye-shadows to judge the staying power of this product and will update.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2004 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cuspie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK...the only reason why I got this product was because ALMOST every shadow I have tried makes them itch. The pro of using this was that my eyes didnt itch. The con was that the shadow didnt stay on long. What can I say? It basically lived up to my expectations. I just wish my shadow had lasted longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2003 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

I really liked this product! I have the Quo eye base too but the concept of applying by pencil is so easy. The product is very easy to apply and creamy. It gives my eyelids a light nude shimmer. I wait a couple of minutes for the product to "set" and then apply my eyeshadow and voila! No creasing or anything. I could probably wear this alone for a natural look.

I should warn you that I live in the frozen desert of Canada and that my skin is normal to dry. Moisture is what my skin craves, so your results may vary due to your skintype and your location. I did knock a lippie off for the weird size of the pencil and am deathly afraid of losing the mondo sharpener that came with the product.

EDIT: After trying this for a weekend, I noticed some creasing, so maybe this is not the HG eye base I am seeking. Knocked off another lippie for uncontrollable creasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2001 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked how this looked on my lid -- a little shimmery, but not overly much, and I actually wanted to try it on it's own because it looked so pretty. However, it creased quickly on me, and after a quick fix, I put on Stila Grace eyeshadow and headed out. Didn't last. Oh well! Comes with sparkly sponge tip brush (though I prefer fingers) and a big sharpener for the pencil. Good idea, just not good on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2001 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every eyeshadow base I try makes me more fond of Too Faced 1st Base primer. The HC pencil is easy to blend and is a great size (big & chunky) with a cute matching pencil sharpener. I wanted this product to make my loose pigment really stick (as HC claims it does), but I just didn't notice any real difference in staying power.