September 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I have fine, smooth, super straight hair but I have a lot of it. I have a hard time styling my hair because it just wants to fall like water. The wonderful thing about this product is that it feels great in your hair -- no crusty, crunchy hair but rather soft hair that feels and looks just like your hair would normally. It has a light, soft scent that dissipates after a few minutes, another plus. It adds a small amount of texture and volume. It also works a small amount to hold hair in when heat styled after application. Unfortunately, if not heat styling, it does nothing to hold my straight hair in place. This may vary if you have curIy or wavy hair but for me, zilch. I would normally rate it at a two but I've found it works pretty well as a leave in conditioner, heat protector or even a dry shampoo type of product, leaving hair feeling cleaner & moisturized when dirty. I hate how dry shampoos always make my hair feel either sticky or crusty and this does neither.
PROS:
Leaves hair feeling soft & completely normal (hallelujah!)
Adds a small amount of volume & texture to hair
Hair feels clean & even conditioned after use
Provides medium hold when heat styled after use
Provides heat protection (hair doesn't feel fried afterwards)
Clean & light scent
Works great for me as a dry shampoo in between washes.
Very inexpensive.
CONS:
No hold whatsoever when used prior to any non-heat styling
Any hold provided is moderate at best
Only adds a very small amount of volume to my straight hair

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by bonobogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eepers! This makes my hair so soft! It also provides moderate volume and light hold. No stickiness. No stiffness. It has a moderately strong, yet pleasant, Dove scent. I would've given it five lippies if it provided a slight bit more volume and hold. The softness is just a well appreciated bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mousse! Leaves hair soft, not crusty and smells great. Keeps my waves all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Dolce7vita

I have fine, thin, and extremely curly hair. Weird combo! As a result, I need to be careful that the mousse I use makes my hair look full, but of course, doesn't frizz out the curl. This is an excellent product for my hair type, I really love that it doesn't weigh down the curls and make my hair stiff. It also smells great!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far the best volumizing mousse I have found. It doesn't weigh my hair down, leaves it soft and shiny and does a pretty good job giving my fine, super straight hair some lift.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product.......Does just about the same for me as Aveda's similar product phomellient at a fraction of the cost....use it when hair has dried a bit and thenstyle with blow dryer....love it love it love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this review is actually for the shape/definition mousse. if anyone hasnt noticed, all dove shampoos and conditioners have the exact same ingredients, even though one may say for fine hair and another one for damaged hair. it's all the same. even the ingredients in the mousse are all the same. terrible marketing.
anyways, this is a great mousse none the less. its not sticky at all and it has a nice smell, isnt over powering or very faint, but mildly there. i normally never use mousse, but i decided to try this after my mom bought over 5 bottles for whatever reason. my hair isnt sticky or tacky, crunchy or anything. it just feels like my hair, thats it. i dont feel as if i have any product what so ever in my hair, i love that. i wont buy again cuz my mom went nuts, but i would definitely recommend this. as for shape/definition, whatever. its the same ingredients for body and lift, and i got neither of the 4. i just used this mousse to wave my hair with a waving/crimping iron, so i got body and lift, regardless if i used this and definition/shape regardless as well... still a great product. it's holding the style and reducing frizz and thats what matters to me. normally wen i use to use mousse, id have to wash my hands right after, cuz it was so tacky, with this product, i could apply it and style without my hands being a mess. i love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This mousse is nice because it is really light and makes your hair not sticky to stiff. I do find that it helps give my waves more definition and helps it frizz less but I don't think it gives me any noticeable amazing volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by hannaxbear

So this is a pretty affordable product, runs for around $4 at Target, smells nice, and is very light--never makes your hair sticky or stiff. Unfortunately, it also does practically nothing to your hair. I see no change in volume or anything else for that matter. Therefore, I would not recommend it and would not buy it again. Such a shame, I wanted to like it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by michex8

OH.MY.GOD! It has the most BEAUTIFUL scent in the world! I would kill to smell that smell all day!

Okay, as it says to give you 'Body and lift', meh. It gives me SOME volume. Not a lot. And whenever I apply it, only one side of my head has volume. It's kind of weird.

It blends in with my hair's natural texture. Sooo it doesn't have that hard feeling and have white flakes coming out of your scalp. UNLESS! You put it in a lot. I did it the other day just to play with my hair and experienced a lot of hardness and flaking!

It's really nothing to brag about, or say it's horrible though..
It is cheap though!

I haven't used this lately, so I guess I won't buy it again.

Hope this helped.