October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour eyeshadow quad- Copper Spice

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Pretty average, basic palette. Good to have if your starting up/have limited neutral everyday colors. These are 4 total shades with satin finish. There powdery compared to other shadows by Revlon, so don't stab your brush in; itll crumble. BUT they go on smooth & evenly. No fallout/chunky application. MUST use primer for color payoff, especially the lighter top 2 shades. From top to bottom you get:
GOLD-with gold micro shimmer; goes on completely sheer. Leaves a sheen to the skin. Best used as a highlighter, very natural on cheeks.
PINK-Silver micro shimmer, can be packed on for some pigmentation. Looks great all over the lip (with primer) really neutralizes dark/tired lids
COPPERY BRONZE- barely any shimmer. Color can be build up for more punch; good to blend harsh colors out in the crease with.
CHOCOLATE BROWN-plummy undertone, barely any shimmer. Great for crease or lining lids. Most pigmented obviously.

I much more prefer & recommend Maybelline's sunbaked neutrals, 8 pan colors with satin & matte finishes or CG country woods/shimmer sands for neutral light browns. Ill finish this up though, eventually

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, versatile quad. It's great for everyday wear. Long-lasting, blendable, and good pigment. The copper color alone is reason enough to purchase this quad-it's a good dupe (albeit slightly darker one) for MAC's Texture, but it's even more pigmented and has virtually no fall-out. A general complaint I have about the Colorstay quads is the packaging - I own four of them, and the tops off 3 out of the 4 have broken off. I know they've recently changed the shape from a rectangle to a square, so it might have been a design issue. Either way, I love the line too much for it to be an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by vgun

love love love this quad! im moving overseas and wanted to pack light. i had many eyeshadow palettes at home but in every palette there's one or two colors i didnt like. i saw frmheadtotoe's review on this palette and love the colors on her, so i bought one and took it with me. i left all my other eyeshadows for my mom. i love how the colors work for me. this is my go-to look. i use the copper shadow on my lid and blend it with the pinkish one, and the yellowish color on my browbone. if i want to make my eyes deeper i add the brown shadow on the outer-V and blend it with the sponges. the sponges are not the best ones but it'll do. its a must try for everyone with pale asian skin and brown/black eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by perisnale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow quad!! I bought this after seeing Jen from frmheadtotoe use it in some of her tutorials because it looked really good on her, and as we are both asian and have around the same skintone (medium with warmish yellow undertones) I thought it would work for me too. It did not disappoint! The colors are beautiful and really brighten my eyes in a very natural manner.

My favorite color is definitely the copper one. It's a gorgeous deep, warm copper that is shimmery and metallic without being overly so. All the colors are the perfect amount of shimmer and metallicness (is that a word?). A close second is the creamy pale gold, which is perfect as a highlighter on the browbone and inner corners. I use the dark brown as a shadow liner or for a deeper smoker look. The one color that doesn't get much use is the peach pink...it just doesn't show up on my skin at all.

I bought this quad at Bed Bath and Beyond for around $2 but I think these are going to be replaced by the new 16 hour ones soon. The CVS I went to recently had exactly none of the old 12 hour left. So I don't know if you can even get these anymore...anyways it's an amazing quad and if you see it, get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use this quad for all of my natural stuff, including smokey eyes. I don't bother with the sponge and stuff that comes with it, I use brushes. I'm NC25 with brown hair and eyes and olive undertones so it looks really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am in LOVE with these Eyeshadow Quads by Revlon! I have 3 Quads which are Copper Spice, Coffee Bean and Starlight. I initially had reservations about buying these eyeshadows because of the shimmer they had, but I am SO glad I gave it a try anyways. Once they are on you cant tell there is a whole lot of shimmer at all. They have become one of my few must have/irreplaceable makeup items, especially the Copper Spice Quad.

I use Copper Spice and Coffee Bean every day (Starlight very rarely.. It's really the only disappointing Quad). I use a combo of colors from both Quads, but heavily favor the Copper Spice Quad. I have very pale skin, red hair and blue/gray eyes, so these plane but beautiful colors are absolutely perfect for me. The result is flawless and deceivingly natural. I actually use a little bit of the most coppery color for my eyebrows because it's a dead on match to my hair color as well. What more could I ask for?

I think the colors in Copper Spice are neutral enough to work for anyone, but if you have light colored eyes or have red hair it's a must have.

The eyeshadows are very pigmented for a DS brand. Definitely the best quality for the price I have found. However, you do have to use it liberally if you want the colors very dark (Some of the colors are more pigmented than others). The eyeshadows blend easily and really do last all day. Theres no smudging and very little fading, if any.

These Quads seem to last forever. Ill be re-buying these as soon as I need to. I hope they keep Copper Spice around for a very long time. I wouldn't even know how to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadows look so beautiful on my eyes, the colors are neutral enough to work with just about any skin tone/eye color, but I trend to lean towards these copper-ish tones for my blue eyes. It really makes them pop. Pigmentation, ease of application, and staying power are all excellent. The packaging looks alright, but feels a little cheap and does not include a mirror. But the shadows themselves are gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ArtSmartzGirl

The colors are very nice and compliment each other nicely. They arent super shiny, and I like the matte finish to it. I like all the colors, and they go on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

I'm asian, I love how this eyeshadow compliments my skin color very well.

It actually lasts more than 12 hours to be honest.

The diamond like texture in the eyeshadow is really elegant and makes the packaging more charming.

also the staying power is superb! Will definitely buy again if I have the money :)

Althought they can improve the packaging by putting a mirror below the REVLON sign outside the eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are great. They apply smoothly and the brushes are descent too. This is my go-to eyeshadow. The price could be better as I am super cheap. They do last all day, more so if you have a primer underneath. The second picture in the lineup is mine, wearing copper-spice.