L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

3.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

on 6/27/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this concealer because i was needing less coverage and loving the true match foundation i thought that this would be my second love. I've only used the product once and i got a little pimple in each spot i applied it in. Usually makeup doesnt break me out so i was super bummed. The formula is a little on the sticky side ... seems a little weird. It does do a good job with concealing undereye circles. I'll give it that. Overall MEGA fail especially for the price.

on 6/27/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am cheap in the sense that I refuse to fork out any money for a concealer. Instead, I simply build up liquid foundation and expect it to do the job. However, because of a recent breakout that even my Naked Skin could not salvage, I decided that it was time to hit the drugstore.

I'm giving this a 3 for its price because L'oreal prices are marked up in Asia; I paid a good 15 dollars on top of a 4 dollar discount during Watson's members-only mega sale.

The concealer itself is a little more runny than it is creamy. I like how it matches my skintone pretty well. Most drugstore foundations/concealers don't come in an array of shades to choose from here, so I was impressed. I brush the concealer on the back of my hand and use a clean finger to pick it up and dab it on my face, rather than use the brush itself.

I know longetivity isn't exactly what this product is marketed for (actually, what is? The super-blendability?), but I expected at least a couple of hours wear from it. After an hour or so, it fades, which makes my skin look really off because the liquid foundation underneath makes the blemishes look greyish.

on 6/21/2015 1:07:00 PM

This is a great everyday concealer, it blends nicely and I find sits on the skin very well and lasts a long time when powdered.

on 6/9/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 years now and it never fails me! Everytime I try a new concealer, I always go back to this afterwards. It lives up to its name. I use this basically on anything; blemishes, dark circles, highlight, etc.?The only thing I don't like about this product is its packaging; it gets messy over time. Everything else is fine :)

on 4/25/2015 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the 'vanilla' shade and it works quite well to neutralise the area under my eyes and on/around my nose. It goes on easily and blends well, even if I'm just using my finger. However, it's quite light and therefore not very effective on redness.

The main issue I have with the concealer is that it tends to dry my skin. Whilst it doesn't cause any irritation, it does cling to dryness and just makes it drier.

If you have oily or normal skin it might work, but I wouldn't recommend for dry skin.

on 4/22/2015 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I am a huge fan of Lancome Effacernes long lasting undereye concealer and that's what I've been using for a few years now. Last week I was at Ulta and decided to try what I thought was a cheaper version of the same product - True Match Super Blendable Corrector. True Match is not even close in quality to Lancome's concealer: it's drying, provides only light coverage of dark circles and disappears after about an hour of wear. I am returning it and sticking to Lancome's Anti Cernes. I am willing to pay for quality, especially considering this product makes me look as good as fully rested after 3-4 hours of sleep I sometimes get with my job.

on 4/20/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like everything about this, it is a true match to my preference (I also did get one in a shade lighter to brighten my undereyes area, and although I am warm and yellowtoned, I got it in neutral and it turned out great), and it is really blendable. I love the consistency, and the coverage is really to my liking, it hides redness as well. Sits nicely on my skin and lasts all day. Only thing is that, it does settle in my fine lines under my eyes, even after I set it, but that's probably just because I'm not hydrated enough. I stopped using it under my eyes but I still love it, it's really easy to blend and feels really light on the skin!

I liked this stuff when I first put it on but it seemed to disappear after an hour or so. It also seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of product. It seemed like not long after purchasing I was scrapping the sides of the tube

I tried this after buying 2 new different concealers when my old one was discontinued. This one sat on my vanity for a few months. After I tried it I was quite impressed. It is very creamy - the first thing I noticed. Very smooth. This blended very well and did not cake. Coverage was very good. Compared to others, this consistency is so smooth and creamy. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. When pulling out the applicator (which has a little brush like nail polish), some of the product splashed onto my pants so you have to be careful. Some of the product builds up around the top of the tube the more you take the applicator out. Also, the tube is so small you don't get a lot of product. Overall though, I am impressed with this. I will buy it again.

I am using fair/light in the cool shade. Fits perfectly with my skin tone.

on 3/16/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been using this concealer for some months now. This product was recommended to me by my sister. I was having trouble finding an affordable/drugstore concealer that was yellow, brightened my under eye, and was not drying. L'Oreal is the only drugstore brand that I know of that carries products for women with yellow undertones. I found a shade that works great against my skin tone. It definitely brightens, gets rid of the dark circles, and is quite creamy. I get several compliments when I use this concealer. I don't think it is worth it to purchase high-end concealers when this product works just as great.