October 25, 2014 | 1881 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a good concelaer if you think of texture and coverage, but the shading is off. Maybe the foundation color and powder were a hit, but the concealer shade is just not right. I used it first on my under eyes. At first it looked good, but it turned orange after a while. It's normal for some concelaer to turn orage when you used over the face, but it's odd when it happens under the eyes also. I didn't like it beucase of the shade, but everything else was nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I usually buy higher-end concealers: Kanebo, YSL, or at least Clarins of Make Up For Ever. Well, lately I don't have $40-70 to spend on the concealers I usually buy, and I'm running out for something that can cover my undereye circles. Understnd me right: some high-end concealers for under the eyes are actually pretty good: they both cover and have ingredients that reduces dark circles and wrinkles (for example Kanebo), but for when I don't have the money, the important thing is to get something that:

1) doesn't hurt my skin (doesn't cause rashes or dryness - I have dry skin)
2) looks good for a long time (doesn't crease during the day)
3) covers enough

First off: I bought this concealer specifically for under my eyes: it is quite creamy and only light medium coverage. I don't really have any blemishes, just undereye circles and very sligh pigmentation around my nose and mouth after blemishes. For these areas, this concealer is good. It:
- covers enough (not full coverage under my eyes though, which is totally fine)
- doesn't dry out skin under eyes, or anywhere else
- lasts the whole day without creasing or rolling up in balls or separating in any other way
- it looks good
- cheap (I bought mine for $12 on sale, which is cheap where I live)
- easy to work with: doesn't dry too fast and doesn't thug on the skin when I blend this

I would probaly not recommend this for blemishes: it's not very pigmented and too moisturizing for that, I think - it would probably slide around.

About the colours: where I live there are 4: 1, 2, 4 and 5. 1 is for fair skin (down to N10), neutral colour. 2 is about an NC15 and 4 is about an NC20-25. I don't remember nr 5 - it was obviously too dark. 2 was a bit too light for me, while 4 was a perfect match for my general skin tone. I chose 2 for my undereyes - it oxidizes very slightly and brightens up the area.

All in all, this is a good quality concealer for those who want something to use under their eyes, have normal-dry skin, and want something of good quality for a low price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you are trying to hide large or lots of blemishes I would suggest something a little stronger! The reason for this being is because the few times Ive used the product to hid pimples, it has not done a great job and the redness comes back after a few hours! However, I found this product best for hiding bags under my eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Hkc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this concealer in two shades when Kmart was having their huge makeup clearance sale. It was super cheap and after falling in love with the true match foundation, I snatched them up. I purchased the lightest shades in the warm and cool tones. This foundation is very similar to the foundation. Great coverage and awesome color match. I would buy it again full price. I have oily skin so I can't comment on wear time, but it does seem to stay on until my skin starts to get shiny. I recommend this :) I sometimes mix the colors, or use one or the other as I have neautral skin tone and neither one shows up any different.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not working for me. I got the shade W4-5. It does not conceal any spots and especially dark eye circles in anyway. It looks cakey and out of place under the eye. Also it doesnt last long. I would not recommend this to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by doaaa

When I first purchased this product, I was in love with it. It wouldn't fade, or become oily/shiny on my skin over time, which is something I've had a problem with in past concealers. It had great coverage for my acne scars and occasional pimples once you apply a setting powder. The color selection is great and I wear it with the matching powder. The right brush can make this product look perfect!

After owning the product for a few months, I have just started noticing my skin becoming oily and shiny after only 3 hours, mostly in my T-zone (I have combo skin). I've already begun searching for a new product. It might be that the product is getting old, but it's definitely a bummer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I found this concealer a bit greasy in texture. Also the colors are not the best. They look much too fake I would expect Loreal to finally get it together and make a decent concealer but they haven't.
Looks cakey under the eyes, and does not wear long.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kittiegoesmoo

Before I start I have to say my skin is pretty much recovering from a really bad year. I broke out like crazy last year and I have some scars left, so I'm very careful to what I place on my skin. I stopped wearing foundation over the summer which pretty much rejuvenated my skin to say the least.

Anyway, I started moisturizing and I wanted to apply concealer to cover my scars and the occasional pimple, but I didn't know which concealer to buy. My problem has always been that I always buy the wrong tone color for my skin. :( but with this concealer even though I was a little off in the color it still matched my skin and left no ugly concealer lines. It's extremely blend able and very light weight. I love it. I can just wear tinted moisturizer and this concealer! The only thing I dislike is the price. I mean it is a drugstore product and I understand for some people ours considered cheap bit this concealer has little product for $15. :( overall I would but and recommended concealer to anyone who has sensitive or acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**Updating my review: with the help of the MUA boards, it turns out that I actually have yellow, not pink, undertones, which is the opposite of what MAC told me but it definitely seems to hold true. I think the grayish issue that this caused under my eyes was partially a result of this! I'm going to try the warm/fair version next time.

I have this concealer in C-1-2-3. I use the True Match powder in C-1, which is on the lighter range of the shades this concealer is designed for. When I apply this concealer it appears too dark on my skin, but if I let it sit for a minute or two before patting to blend it in it looks okay.

My under-eye circles vary in darkness from day to day (and it isn't always correlated with how well I've slept, either). On darker days, I need to use an under-eye orange concealer under the True Match or it looks washed-out and gray.

This covers blemishes fairly well, but it can wear off through the course of the day. It doesn't feel oily or oxidize, though, which is a plus.

Packaging: this is a liquid with a brush attached to the cap of the tube. It's easy to apply.

The price is pretty good, this is a drugstore product. I don't need to use very much of this at a time, so it lasts a while - it's a good value. I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BelleWoods

I found this product to be, ultimately, pointless. The applicator is a brush which I found to be okay, and that's where the positives end. Firstly, I couldn't find a colour that matched me very well; I'm pale with a yellow hue, however I found the perfect match in the True Match foundation. It's a very blendable product, but that isn't a bonus because of how useless the product is. It offers little/no coverage. If you need more coverage than foundation, then there is absolutely no point in purchasing this product, as I found it offers nothing more in the way of coverage than a foundation. I also found it moved an awful lot on my face. Waste of money in my opinion.