NARS Orgasm

3.5

on 6/15/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Peachy pink with gold shimmer, this is a warm color rather than a cool color. Most lip glosses are varying degrees of sticky. This isn't terribly sticky, compared to other glosses, and if you hate stickiness, you are better off with a different kind of formula, such as a balm or lipstick. For me this is a very flattering shade - I am NC20 in MAC foundations and find peaches and corals to be good colors to complement my skin.

It really is a subtle color because it's not heavily pigmented. My experience is better than some of the other reviews here - I actually found the gloss to be emollient enough. I have been eying this gloss for awhile, as well as Risky Business which is more of a raspberry shimmer and probably a more universally flattering shade. As luck would have it, I received a travel-size "Orgasm" as a Sephora bonus, so I got to try it for free, and I'll use it up before buying a full size. I do appreciate that Nars doesn't test on animals, and they have some great products including the famous Orgasm blush and Radiant Creamy Concealer. I also had success with Nars Eyeliner Stylo in the dark brown shade, Carpates. Nars Sheer Matte foundation and Sheer Glow are both good.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like the color and name of this lip gloss but it was nothing special. I realize I am not a fan of lipgloss in general though so you might want to take my review with a grain of salt. I just felt like it was kind of sticky and did not last super long. At least it isn't tested on animals. Anyways, too expensive.

This lipgloss is a pretty pink color and it has a fun name. It's not my favorite lipgloss though, I'm going to try some other lip glosses. It's too expensive and felt kind of sticky and didn't last super long :-/ It's okay but I was let down.

on 1/29/2015 2:39:00 PM

A strongly frosted/glittered gloss that is more orange than pink. Dries out my lips. Not long wearing at all. Not flattering on my porcelain, cool toned skin.

on 12/18/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

cars plastic tube, doe foot applicator. $26USD (if i recall, sorry I'm not entirely sure) but it is $35AUD here.
peach coloured lipgloss which is quite pigmented that has gold reflects. not too sticky, not an entirely thin formula that slides off your lips. does not have a strong smell, if there is one at all.
i love this lipgloss because i feel it is the perfect stickiness for me. it goes so well over a nude lip, right in the centre to make the lips appear fuller. it goes great over just a nude lip liner too. its so versatile because if you put it over a lipstick, the peach pigment mixes and creates a nice colour.
i know its expensive and i know there is almost a dupe for everything, but i would buy this again at full price. there is a lot of product in the tube, and it has nice sleek packaging.
i have nc40 skintone, and feel that this just gives my lips that extra oomph. I'm reaching for this all the time, along with my mac lustreless in love nectar

on 8/24/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sexy, gorgeous, and seductive. This is a peachy and pinky gloss at the same time so it's so universal. The fact that there's really no smell and that it's not super goopy only makes me love it more. There's a reason for it's cult like following and I'm happy I joined the cult.

on 7/26/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I returned this to sephora. $26 is too much for a mediocre lip gloss. it's very pretty but just not worth the price. it's lasting power is okay because it is fairly sticky. I bought Rimmel's All Day Seduction which is supposed to be a dupe (and it's only $5)

on 5/22/2014 2:11:00 PM

Got this as a free sample from Sephora. It's nice, but the colour doesn't last. Like all sheer lipsticks and glosses, you have to reapply very often which I don't like. I probably won't buy his again.

on 3/26/2014 10:25:00 AM

It's my first Nars' lipgloss so I had high expectation given the price and brand reputation. I guess it didn't let me down. The texture is sticky and long lasting. The colour is a bit pale when compares to my lipgloss collection, however it does compliment my lip colour quite well. It's more suited for spring/ summer.

on 1/27/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this lip gloss but it just showed up as an extremely frosted (and I mean frosted!!!) gold colour on my lips. it didn't suit me at all. Didn't think it was possible but it made me look borderline washed-out. It looks beautiful when swatched but not for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin