Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Antique Lace

4.2

on 12/9/2008 1:45:00 PM

I got a sample of this and as soon as I put it on I loved it! To me it's almost identical to Stila Creme Bouquet! Beautiful vanilla with a hint of floral.

on 5/17/2008 3:45:00 AM

Really wanted to like this, but on me, it's almost nonexsistant. I do get some of the gentle old fashioned scent it's supposed to be, but it fades way too quickly to a faint, almost invisible vanilla. Will use up my sample but won't be buying it again.

on 3/19/2008 8:55:00 PM

I am new to BPAL, but am quickly getting addicted. I love Antique Lace. I don't find it at all similar to the Body Shop's White Musk, which has always been a favorite of mine. Initially, I was confused if I liked it. It does at timea have an "old musty smell", to my nose. But lately it has changed and all I get is the lovely vanilla scent mixed with something I can't put into words (I am fragrance challenged). I hate sweet scents as they give me a headache. I have gotten so many compliments on this and my daughter says it's her favorite on me. It's the one scent that seems to last all day on me and I find I constantly sniff my wrists. If you are new to BPAL and like vanilla, this is a very safe scent to try. Love it.

on 2/23/2008 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells quite similar to me to the Body Shop's White Musk, which was a favourite of mine when I first started wearing perfume as a teenager.

It is more vanilla-y than White Musk and is not overly strong smelling, but has a good throw. I have been getting really pleasant wafts of Antique Lace whilst wearing it, and in fact the wafts smell better than when I press my nose against my wrists.

What is great about AL is that it is not a super sweet vanilla - any sweeter than it is would mean that I wouldn't be able to wear it. As it is, the dry, powdery vanilla smell suits quite well.

on 12/26/2007 1:15:00 PM

This is an OK scent, I guess. It's very, very average, and smells just like Bath and Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar, except with a more prominent "clean linen" note. Overall, pleasant, but nothing I need more than an imp of.

on 3/10/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite Black Phoenix creations. My husbands loves it, but he likes vanilla, and that's what it smells like on me. It's a sort of dreamy, calming scent. I almost wish I could smell the lacey flowers in it that some people smell, but I only smell the vanilla. I like it enough to get a full size bottle.
Edited 4/8/07- I did eventually smell the dried flowers in this. It's weird how chemistry works sometimes. So, I just got a 5ml of Antique Lace and still love it. The 5ml seems to be more rounded and I can smell both the vanilla and soft flowers in this, and almost a musky smell. Whoever said it smells like Vanilla Fields is way off, because I have a bottle of that stinky stuff and use it to scent the dog's bed, but would never use it on myself. I love Antique Lace!

on 1/14/2007 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Antique Lace is a sensual but subtle perfume. Smells almost soapy when first applied and dries down to a perfect balance of vanilla, floral and musk notes. It's a warm, sophisticated, skin-type scent, a little like Sage Pearl, but not as sweet and with better lasting power. My favorite fragrance and very affordable, too.

on 1/14/2007 3:44:00 PM

Wow. I was not expecting to like this at all, and I've been very pleasantly surprised. The name of this oil is so appropriate. It really does smell like vanilla and old lace. I never would have imagined that I would want to smell like old lace, but when mixed with vanilla it actually smells quite good. So, this is a vanilla scent tempered by a linen note.

on 12/23/2006 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

In the vial and on the skin, this one smelled the same, but either way it wasn't great. I love vanillas but this one just didn't suit me. It's hard to describe but it seems to me more like a decayed vanilla that's rotting. It's sweet and not fake at all, just has a weird tinge that I'm not into.

on 12/10/2006 8:03:00 PM

I hate being in the minority on a fragrance! Just didn't like this at all. It smells like malted vanilla, no warmth at all. The name fits it well. I picture a dusty little antique shop filled with porcelain figurines on little crochet lace doilies. This feels like the fragrance for a prim and proper lady. Totally not at all me.

Popular Fragrances