July 25, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ashlicita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really enjoy this cream for soothing/healing extremely dry winter skin. The scent is very faint but pleasant (a clean smell), and the cream is thick but absorbs well. I actually really like a tub for cream, even though I know about the hygiene concerns/concerns about air spoiling the product. I'll definitely repurchase to get my skin through the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful product for winter or for extra dry skin. I use this at night right after I take my shower so it absorbs more.it has a creamy consistency that absorbs up fast but it still leaves a greasy film but not too greasy. This has a similar consistency with the shea butter hand cream, but the difference is this is for the body and that is for your hands

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by tfung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my go-to cream. I had really, really, very dry skin (think scaly, cracking, dessert like skin) when I went to university in England due to all the constant indoor heating. So I went into L'Occitane and asked them for their most heavy duty cream. While not the cheapest product out there, this cream really does work, it moisturises extremely well and although it is very rich, it sinks in quickly and most of it is absorbed very quickly.

However, I have always had a two slight problems with it (perhaps you can call me picky, but I think this is what differentiates between a very good body cream and the perfect body cream! And also the point of reviews!)

1. I personally don't really like the smell of the classic version. The cream smells slightly herby, and although it is neither offensive nor strong, is not really to my taste. To qualify as my fav / go-to cream, I would want a cream with the whole package (both amazing moisturising and amazing smell!)

2. While most of the oilyness and stickyness is quickly absorbed, I find that it does leave a slight film / sheen for quite a while, so I feel a bit icky for a while. Perhaps it is really asking a lot to ask for a cream to be both very moisturising and not leave a sheen, but for me this is the slight downside.

I will still buy this cream, but I will probably only use it occasionally if my skin is really dry during the winter months due to the problems I mentioned above.

Product comparison:
I have just recently purchased the Amande Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream, also from L'Occitane, and I find that to be a much better cream for daily use - especially as it is now spring. Although the almond milk cream is slightly less moisturising, it does not leave the sticky residue and smells heavenly! Even the package is prettier! WIll write a review on the almond milk cream after I have used it for longer - but for now my skin feels soft, supple and smooth thanks to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lotion. It is thick, but I find it rubs in pretty quickly and isn't greasy after about one minute - that is an acceptable wait to me. I have the unscented one; there is obviously some smell, just no perfume that I can detect. I find the smell very subtle and unobtrusive.

I use it on my legs in the morning, and at bed time my legs still feel freshly "lotioned". Given the cold winter we've been having I find it really impressive that I'm not left itchy by suppertime.

My only issue is the price. It is L'Occitane, and is priced like the rest of their products.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this in the rose petals scent which does not smell like rose petals..it is kind of a spicy scent with a rose afterthought. i loveee the packaging and i really like the feel of this but it seems to be way too expensive for regular use. thats not really the main problem though, which is that you need to use a lot of it compared to other lotions as its very thick, a little does not go a long way. although i feel it is very rich and does moisturize well. however it makes my legs and torso very itchy! i can only use it on my hands. oh well. dont buy this full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as I am a fan of L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream - intensely moisturizing, non-greasy and absorbs quickly. However, this was absolutely rubbish! It is similar to The Body Shop Body Butters but with a much higher price tag. It is very greasy, doesn't absorb (feels like it just sits on your skin), and whatever hydration it provides disappears the next day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by melisaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this one in Rose Petals scent. I bought it because I need a body cream that I can bring with me every day, not too big but not too small either. This packaging is perfect for me, sleek light tin that gives a vintage feeling.

The cream itself absorbs quickly, no oily feeling. It smells nice, a light sugary rose petals scent, not overpowering but lingers for quite some time. The downside is I feel like this is not as rich as I imagined it to be, I have to use a lot of product to moisturize small area like my hand. It is still richer that The Body Shop Shea Body Butter, but the weird thing is The Body Shop Shea Body Butter keeps me moisturized longer, the L’occitane Shea Butter just sinks and disappears into my skin right away.

Overall I will use up this product, but will I purchase? No. It is expensive around USD $ 30 in my country. for that kind of price I expect something far superior than others. I will try other products after I finish it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this product. It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly, and the smell is light and clean. It is especially effective in the dry winter months, when my skin is super dry and very few products can keep it hydrated throughout the day. The only reason I would not repurchase this product is that it is so cost-prohibitive and there are quite a few other brands that can compete with the same level of quality for a significantly lower price. In addition, you need to use a decent amount of the product to cover yourself, so that the product gets used up very quickly. It's just too overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's clearly better than other shea butter products, but so pricey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence if I would buy this again, because of the hefty price. I would buy it for the scent alone because I love it so much. It smells comforting- like clean skin, just out if the bath. I also love Korres Body Butter in Guava, which is a similar, comforting scent. I keep the tub on my nightstand and use it on my feet and hands every night. The scent I think helps with sleep as well. The cream itself is nice and moisturizes the skin very well. It's a bit too heavy for summer, so it's best to use in winter.