L'Occitane 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream

3.8

Water**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Glycerin,Cyclomethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch**, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol**,Sodium PCA**,Mel Extract/Honey Extract**, Dimethicone , Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract**, Sorbitol**, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols**, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil**, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil**, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract**, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract**, Tocopherol**, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum**, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Alcohol Denat**, Ceteareth-33**, Laureth-7**,Phenoxyethanol, Methyl/Ethyl/Butyl/Isobutyl/Propyl/Paraben, Benzyl Alcohol**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Citronellol**, Hydroxyisohexyl 3, Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Coumarin**, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool**, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha,Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene****Natural Origin Ingredients

on 4/9/2015 9:40:00 PM

L'Occitane does shea and body products very well. This body cream is exactly what it says - ultra rich body cream. But ultra rich without being sticky, greasy, cluggy. If you have a dry, dehydrated patch of skin, this goes over it so comfortably, a nice thick (but hydrating) consistency and leaves your skin feeling so soft.

Yes it's fragranced, and yes it's too heavy to use in summer or if you live in humid climates. But in winter, when you want more heaviness in your body products, this one is a HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First product I think I will put on automatic replenish. I have psoriasis and eczema and I have all kinds of prescriptions that are strong and scary. Tried this, use it every evening after my shower. It sinks in immediately, leaves my skin soft and feeling very comfortable. And it is clearing up the dry patches handily. I use the shea butter on the really tough spots in addition. I do like La Mer body cream too, but his is cheaper so I don't mind using as much as I want and I just love it. Yay!

L'Occitane is well known for their shea products and the reasons for it are justified. Their shea hand cream and body cream are creamy and super moisturizing; the only thing you can beat them on is pricing as L'Occitane is not cheap. But if you feel like splurging and want a quality cream, this is it.

I must say it does take some massaging of the skin to get it to absorb as it is rather thick in consistency. The scent can make or break it I suppose but I for one love the clean powdery smell of the cream...it's really not that overpowering compared to, say, fragrance laden products you find at B&BW at the mall.

Packaging for the body cream is pretty solid; it is all heavy duty plastic so there is no worry of dropping the container and shattering it (as you would for the equally delectable Almond Milk Concentrate body cream/lotion).

on 2/13/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful product as it delivers a crazy amount of moisture and will soothe even the driest skin without feeling greasy, but the scent killed it for me. It smells so strongly of baby powder (maybe diaper wipes?) that it not only scents the entire room, it completely takes over whatever perfume I'm wearing. And I've only been using it on my hands (I just have a small sample packet I got from Sephora) - I can't imagine using it all over my body as I'd probably end up with a headache. Normally I don't mind scented products, even scents that I'm not particularly fond of, but this is way too much for my nose.

on 8/4/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is very moisturizing! I used to use Vaseline until I realized the ingredients in it so I'm avoiding it now. It's a tester one so I can't comment on its price but I've used it on my cracked feet and now they are so soft and moisturized and most importantly - they aren't as cracked! Love it, going to buy the full size one tomorrow!

on 7/29/2014 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very heavy, thick body cream. Almost more of a body butter. The formula is very creamy and luxurious, and my skin absorbs it very well. Sometimes with thick lotions they sit on top of my skin and have to be worked into the skin, but this is very nourishing and moisturizing. The only negative lippie is for the scent. It's almost an herbal/medicine-y scent that is just not pleasing to my senses. It's not overpowering or anything and even still feel the formula and overall pros of this product outweigh the scent factor. I'm probably a little more interested in trying other L'Occitane products that are similar but smell a little different. (I would imagine they have something similar that works just as good!) This definitely comes in handy during dry winter months or in my case after shaving/being in the sun all day since it is summertime here!

on 4/8/2014 10:25:00 AM

Really enjoy this cream for soothing/healing extremely dry winter skin. The scent is very faint but pleasant (a clean smell), and the cream is thick but absorbs well. I actually really like a tub for cream, even though I know about the hygiene concerns/concerns about air spoiling the product. I'll definitely repurchase to get my skin through the winter.

on 4/6/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A wonderful product for winter or for extra dry skin. I use this at night right after I take my shower so it absorbs more.it has a creamy consistency that absorbs up fast but it still leaves a greasy film but not too greasy. This has a similar consistency with the shea butter hand cream, but the difference is this is for the body and that is for your hands

on 4/3/2014 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This used to be my go-to cream. I had really, really, very dry skin (think scaly, cracking, dessert like skin) when I went to university in England due to all the constant indoor heating. So I went into L'Occitane and asked them for their most heavy duty cream. While not the cheapest product out there, this cream really does work, it moisturises extremely well and although it is very rich, it sinks in quickly and most of it is absorbed very quickly.

However, I have always had a two slight problems with it (perhaps you can call me picky, but I think this is what differentiates between a very good body cream and the perfect body cream! And also the point of reviews!)

1. I personally don't really like the smell of the classic version. The cream smells slightly herby, and although it is neither offensive nor strong, is not really to my taste. To qualify as my fav / go-to cream, I would want a cream with the whole package (both amazing moisturising and amazing smell!)

2. While most of the oilyness and stickyness is quickly absorbed, I find that it does leave a slight film / sheen for quite a while, so I feel a bit icky for a while. Perhaps it is really asking a lot to ask for a cream to be both very moisturising and not leave a sheen, but for me this is the slight downside.

I will still buy this cream, but I will probably only use it occasionally if my skin is really dry during the winter months due to the problems I mentioned above.

Product comparison:
I have just recently purchased the Amande Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream, also from L'Occitane, and I find that to be a much better cream for daily use - especially as it is now spring. Although the almond milk cream is slightly less moisturising, it does not leave the sticky residue and smells heavenly! Even the package is prettier! WIll write a review on the almond milk cream after I have used it for longer - but for now my skin feels soft, supple and smooth thanks to it!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this lotion. It is thick, but I find it rubs in pretty quickly and isn't greasy after about one minute - that is an acceptable wait to me. I have the unscented one; there is obviously some smell, just no perfume that I can detect. I find the smell very subtle and unobtrusive.

I use it on my legs in the morning, and at bed time my legs still feel freshly "lotioned". Given the cold winter we've been having I find it really impressive that I'm not left itchy by suppertime.

My only issue is the price. It is L'Occitane, and is priced like the rest of their products.