Bain de Terre White Clover Conditioner

3.4

on 8/31/2011 11:19:00 PM

I bought this, hoping to find a good replacement for my now-discontinued Jhirmack Shine Conditioner. I liked the smell from the bottle nozzle, but when I put it in my hair, it smells like sesame seed oil. (Note: I bought the new "Green Meadow" version, which "replaces White Clover.")

As far as condtioning goes, well, it does detangle. I'll give it that much. But, as soon as I stepped out of the shower, my below-shoulder-length wavy hair IMMEDIATELY started to frizz up. This reaction is *not* what I was hoping for. I'm desperately looking for a conditioner that helps my waves stay together. I used this for two days, giving it the benefit of the doubt, and the second day was even worse than the first. So, this conditioner is a no-go for me.

'Doesn't hold my waves together. And it smells like it belongs in my beef fajita stir fry. Plus, the 13.5 oz. bottle cost me about $11.00. GaaHH! Oh well.

on 1/6/2008 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is now labeled as "Green Meadow Conditioner", which replaces the White Clover.....why they just renamed it is beyond me, it's the same exact product, just a different name.Maybe since they discontinued the White Clover and got such huge customer objections, they brought it back under a "new name"....whatever!!. Anyway, this is a great light conditioner. It has really good detangling properties (I have really thick naturally curly hair) and a little goes a very long way. Although this is advertised as a balancing conditioner, it gives me great moisture. I use it along with the Green Meadow shampoo (they both smell alike) and I love the way my hair feels and smells afterwards. Some people may think the price is exhorbitant at $22 for the litre size, but considering that much less is needed than regular conditioner, I think the price is well worth it.

on 10/22/2007 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My hair: Healthy 4a/b, fine, dense, relaxed (chemically treated)

MOST EXCELLENT DETANGLING CONDITIONER EVER. Consistency reminds me of Cetaphil cleanser; very light and liquidy, and more watery than creamy. Only need a small amount for an entire head. Softens hair and smooths frizz. The cones give good "slip" if you're looking for that, but overtime you will need to clarify as needed to remove them from your hair. Smell is refreshing (smells the exact same as the white lily), great moisturizing properties, and my favorite conditioner.

Note: White Clover has been replaced with Green Meadow. I bought the new bottle and tried it myself; yes, it is the same. And yes, it is still glorius. The bottle says "Replaces White Clover". The main difference is the texture isn't QUITE as watery (which is fine), the scent is a bit milder (but still very fresh), and it looks like the ingredients have changed a bit. The new ingredients do not list ivy leaf extract; only clover extract (among others).

Still highly recommended! You can purchase this shampoo at Trade Secret or Beauty First.

on 10/9/2007 5:50:00 PM

I thought this was a good lightweight conditioner. I was pleasantly surprised. I could NOT stand the smell at first but now I like it and I'm used to the smell so I can't even smell it.

on 6/19/2007 4:39:00 PM

AMAZING, smells so amazing, i get stopped by people telling me how good i smell, all from the conditioner. It detangles very well, and it leaves my hair extremely shiny. love it,, good drugstore conditioner buy

on 4/30/2006 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good conditioner if you don't have any major hair issues and your scalp is normal too. Just a good light weight but moisturizing conditioner. It didn't weigh my hair down but made it feel soft to the touch.

on 3/26/2006 12:22:00 PM

Eh, it's okay. Nothing too special. Probablyh good for those who don't need heavy conditioning. I think I need something a little more serious. Smells okay, but not my fave. Eh.

on 2/10/2005 2:31:00 PM

They used to market this as a detangling conditioner, now it's labelled as a balancing conditioner. The product appears to be the same. It's just a light, daily conditioner that's good to run through long hair if you've got some tangles. Nothing too special, although it does smell great. Expensive for what it is.

on 5/31/2004 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Eh. A fairly light weight conditioner, which typically I like (having fine hair and all), but I'm not really that impressed with this stuff. It has a nice fragrance, a little perfumey, but it doesn't tend to come through as overpowering as the day wears on. In fact, you really have to get your nose burried in your hair to get a good wiff of the scent hours later. It does a fair job with detangling, but really doesn't do much to tame easily frizzable locks. Between my husband's long, luxurious Hispanic hair and my fine, white-girl hair, it's not really something we're doing cartwheels over.

on 2/10/2004 1:57:00 PM

I love this conditioner! It leaves my hair so soft and silky and manageable! I have long straight hair and White Clover is the only rinse that tames my frizzies without weighing my hair down! I've noticed that it is hard to comb my hair after using other conditioners but this conditioner makes such a big difference and my comb just glides through. It's got a beautiful scent too- I get many compliments on the way my hair smells whenever I use this!

Popular Hair Products