October 24, 2014 | 1322 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Re-balance Soothing Cleansing Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I was trying to change my cleanser, which was for 6 years Cetaphil.
    But although Cetaphil was the only cleanser my super sensitive dehydrated skin tolerated over the years, I also felt that it contributed to further sensitizing and drying out my skin to the point, where I put more and more serums, boosters and moisturizing masks on my skin without any improvement.
    Desperately seeking another cleanser, I tried high-end brands (Clarins, Origins), pharmacy brands (Bioderma, La Roche Posay) and drugstore brands. Basically, I tested tons of cleansers, which were supposed to be for dry and sensitive skin. None of these cleansers worked and they dried out my skin, burned or left it flaky and reacting.
    The Euerin Re-balance is a cleanser my skin can tolerate and I almost cannot believe it.
    It has a white gel-cream consistency and no smell due to the fact, that is is free of many skin-irritants, such as perfume.
    I normally wear sunscreen with spf 50 and a light make-up on my face.
    Usually, I cleanse my face first with thermal water and a cotton pad to get the most of the make-up off. Then I apply it on my face and massage it all over my face and rinse it off with water. You can tissue it off too, but I prefer rinsing it with water.
    My skin is balanced, clean, super-soft and smooth. But more important is, what it NOT is: No dryness, no tightness, no red spots, no burning, no flaking.
    The cleanser doesnīt leave a real film on the skin, but you can feel, that your skin is protected by something. Itīs hard to explain.
    It has no SLS in it, which Iīm trying to avoid in a cleanser to test, if it was the SLS, which dried out my skin so much.
    I can see already an improvement and donīt need as much moisturizer or serum to make my skin feel comfortable. In fact, I donīt put as much oil or hydration booster in my cream as I feel it is too much!! When it was never enough in the past.
    I recommend this, if your skin is reactive, very dry, allergic, dehydrated and super sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I started using this cleanser due to the very good reviews here about a week ago. At the first two uses, I was surprised to feel a slight stinging when I applied it, but that vanished quickly, and now after several uses, I also donīt feel it anymore. This cleansing cream feels really soft and wonderfully pillowy on the face, but at the same time, it cleans very well - I noticed an improvement in the blackheads on my nose right after the first use. I donīt know how and why this can be, because I wouldnīt expect such a gentle cleanser to attack my blackheads, but Iīm not complaining - itīs great! :-) Where I canīt agree with the reviewers before me, is about it not leaving behind a residue on the face. I have to rinse extremely well to get the cleanser off my skin, but then still I can feel a very slight, smooth layer of residue. When I towel off, this disappears mostly. The only time I donīt have that residue is when I wipe the product off with a cloth and then rinse (which I donīt like to do all the time because my skin is very sensitive to any kind of friction). But all in all - this is a very good cleanser, it leaves my skin balanced and clear, without drying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by sajeani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, acne-prone and allergy-stressed skin. I started using it about 2 months ago and I have never been so happy because of my skin before.
    This cleanser makes my blackheads smaller, removes the allergy, doesn't break me up. In addition to this, it repaired a small scratch on my face in 2 days (it usually takes about 2 weeks).
    I'm using it with Balancing Toner and Re-Balance Moisturizer for the best result.
    It is my favorite cleanser and I'll definitely recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in full agreement with all the other reviewers. This cleanser is nothing short of perfect. I started using this product on the recommendation of my dermatologist while I was mid-way through my course of Accutane. I am now three months off it and am still faithful to Eucerin. I have, in the past, experimented with what seems like hundreds of cleansers, both high-end and low-end. Guerlain, Dior, Chanel and even the organic ones like Eminence only delivered results on a temporary basis, growing less effective as weeks progressed. With every use of Eucerin however, my skin looks radiant and healthy, something I've never been able to get out of a cleanser alone. Since getting off Accutane, I don't even exfoliate anymore. And I never thought I'd be able to achieve this kind of a glow with just the use of a simple cleanser! Miraculous!
    This is a thick cream that disappears into skin when it is massaged and can then be either rinsed or tissued off. I prefer to rinse off with lukewarm water though it is highly unlikely I'd suffer clogged pores from using this product. All Eucerin products are highly skin-compatible and adher to the most stringent dermatological standards. And having skin that is on the sensitive side, this cleanser is a godsend! I cannot attest to its make-up removing powers as I don't wear any but if you're looking for a simple, basic cleanser that gets the job done without any fuss, then give this one a go. Its ultra-pure formula is fragrance-free, emulsifier-free, lanolin-free, alcohol-free, colorant-free, paraben-free and paraffin-free. It would be beyond perfect if this product actually was FREE but luckily it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to purchase :) It's available from most reputable drugstores.
    I have already repurchased and most highly recommend!

Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Arginine Hydrochloride, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have combo skin that is on the oily side. However sometimes I do feel tightness on my skin. Yet I dare not put moisturisers as it can cause me breakouts. Hence I use cream based cleansers, either alone or after using my normal cleanser.

In the past I used Estee Lauder's cleansing cream, which really soothes and works wonders for my skin. However I wanted something cheaper.

This cream product is great. It does not leave any residue behind which is surprising. It can also remove my makeup completely. Sometimes it even leaves my skin feeling dry but not tight, which is okay since I have combi-oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 11:10:00 AM More reviews by granaraj

I agree completely w/ the other reviewer. This is everything I want and nothing I don't want in a cleanser. Gentle, moisturizing, fragrence-free, non-irritating. It's amazing how hard it is to find a cleanser like this. I have on been able to find it in one CVS...... I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be discontinued, because there are not other cleansers out there like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jsgossamer

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a creamy type cleanser that you can either tissue or rinse off. I rinse off. It cleans my skin thoroughly and doesn't leave a residue. I even use it to take off my eye makeup with no problem. I've been using it for a few months now, and it's become my holy grail. Doesn't strip your skin at all. Hasn't caused acne or flared up my rosacea. It comes in a pump bottle. It's fairly expensive for drugstore, but worth the extra money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No