Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 7/6/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Love this! Non-irritating even for sensitive skin, and contains large coarse beads which effortlessly take away dead skin. This exfoliant gets the job done and the tube lasts forever, is hygienic and mess free.

on 4/24/2015 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

kind of harsh

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

I really like this exfoliator, I usually wash my face and remove all makeup and then dry it off with a towel. I like using this product when my face is semi-dry and really work it into my skin (I don't have sensitive skin and I do have a few dry patches/dry T-zone) so I need to remove all of the dead skin. Anyway, once the product is worked in I add water a little at a time, this helps turn it into a milky consistency and I exfoiate for a few more minutes after that.

The results after are great! my skin feels amazingly soft and clean and then I put Origins Clear improvement, Drink up intensive or Aesops Parsley seed mask depending on how my skin is doing and what I need. I really enjoy this product and it's definitely a part of my face routine.

on 2/18/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a nice exfoliator. Probably one of my favorites, in fact. It's a viscous pasty sort of texture. It's so thick it's kind of hard to squeeze out of the tube. The scrubbing granules aren't super fine or grainy, they're right somewhere in between and as you scrub they seem to almost disappear. This scrub leaves the skin smooth and even, helping scrub off dry flakes without being drying. It's not as good as my favorite scrub, the Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub, but it's definitely very effective. I use this two times a week, as I think any more would be too much for my skin but I can see people with less sensitive skin or oilier skin using it more often. I do have one issue though. Sometimes it stings like heck on the skin and if you get it in the eye, it burns like heck! But all in all, I say this is a great scrub and I recommend it.

Surprisingly this does feel like you had dermabrasion without any of the pain. This scrub goes on your face like a soft gummy cream. The large chunks don't bother me because they're more like soft rounded eraser bits that rub all over your face. Add more water as needed to build up a better lather and the chunks will disappear. After you're done, your face will be noticeably brighter, smoother, and everything you put on afterwards will feel more tingly, like your pores are wide open and everything you put on is just sinking into your face. I wouldn't use this more than twice a week though because it does feel like you just gently stripped off a layer of your skin afterwards. But if you're looking for an effective exfoliator, this one is pretty good. I just want to note that I have very dry sensitive skin and I've had no bad reactions to this scrub.

on 12/27/2014 1:14:00 AM

The first time I bought modern friction was when it was still in the round plastic jars. They now come in the tubes but I feel like there are less beads in the new packaging. I tried Boots' micro derm abrasion but found it to be too rough and scratchy for my face. I have combination skin and l like how mild Modern Friction feels on my skin. My complexion seems to brighten up a bit after I use this. Exfoliating is great for your skin but too much can be bad for it so I only use use this about once every 2 weeks. This is ok as the price has gone up since I first started using it.

on 10/19/2014 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I don't really care for this scrub. I've used it a few times on my face and felt like it didn't really do anything for my skin. It does make my skin feel soft but I wanted more than that. The smell took me off guard at first but it's not awful. It smells what I would describe as "earthy". It's definitely more of an abrasive scrub since there are pretty big particles in it but I don't really have sensitive skin so I didn't experience any irritation. Like I said, I only use this a few times on my face and not wanting to waste a $40 face scrub I started using it on my body. I figured if it's okay for the face it should be okay for my body! I actually really enjoy it more as a body scrub and I believe they actually started selling a body version of this scrub now? Overall, it's nothing great and in my opinion definitely not worth $40. I wouldn't recommend using if you have sensitive skin.

on 9/29/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought it a year ago and I have only used about half my tube. I don't really see much of a difference in my skin using it. It has a strong chemical smell and it easily stings my eyes in the shower! The good thing about this scrub is it has a thick consistency and an even grainy texture so it's not like those scrubs that only have a few grains to spread across your face. However, I've turned away from physical exfoliants in general (to chemical exfoliants instead) because I think they're too abrasive and I don't think they really help with my clogged pores.

on 9/13/2014 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think it is a ok scrub. Better than most scrub. Face feels clean after use. But It is a little difficult to wash off. Take a long time and have a little leftover film. Not so much to irritate me, but a little. As a face scrub, I like Clinique exfoliating scrub better. So I do not think I will buy this again.

on 4/3/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I only used this once because I got a sample when ordering the spot remover gel online. This scrub was very harsh on my skin and although it polished it well it also sucked the life (i.e. moisture) out of it. My skin was left so dull, fragile and screaming for moisture. Not good. My skin is combination and unfortunately I found this to be too harsh and drying. And because I read the reviews on here saying how much it stings the eyes, I was so weary of getting it into my eyes that what was supposed to be a relaxing experience ended up in being a stressful one. My skin was left stressed out and dull. It's also ridiculously expensive for a scrub.