October 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jessicarwx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really care for this scrub. I've used it a few times on my face and felt like it didn't really do anything for my skin. It does make my skin feel soft but I wanted more than that. The smell took me off guard at first but it's not awful. It smells what I would describe as "earthy". It's definitely more of an abrasive scrub since there are pretty big particles in it but I don't really have sensitive skin so I didn't experience any irritation. Like I said, I only use this a few times on my face and not wanting to waste a $40 face scrub I started using it on my body. I figured if it's okay for the face it should be okay for my body! I actually really enjoy it more as a body scrub and I believe they actually started selling a body version of this scrub now? Overall, it's nothing great and in my opinion definitely not worth $40. I wouldn't recommend using if you have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by PoppyDaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought it a year ago and I have only used about half my tube. I don't really see much of a difference in my skin using it. It has a strong chemical smell and it easily stings my eyes in the shower! The good thing about this scrub is it has a thick consistency and an even grainy texture so it's not like those scrubs that only have a few grains to spread across your face. However, I've turned away from physical exfoliants in general (to chemical exfoliants instead) because I think they're too abrasive and I don't think they really help with my clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by houhou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think it is a ok scrub. Better than most scrub. Face feels clean after use. But It is a little difficult to wash off. Take a long time and have a little leftover film. Not so much to irritate me, but a little. As a face scrub, I like Clinique exfoliating scrub better. So I do not think I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only used this once because I got a sample when ordering the spot remover gel online. This scrub was very harsh on my skin and although it polished it well it also sucked the life (i.e. moisture) out of it. My skin was left so dull, fragile and screaming for moisture. Not good. My skin is combination and unfortunately I found this to be too harsh and drying. And because I read the reviews on here saying how much it stings the eyes, I was so weary of getting it into my eyes that what was supposed to be a relaxing experience ended up in being a stressful one. My skin was left stressed out and dull. It's also ridiculously expensive for a scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by iluvsushi

I absolutely love Origin's 'clear improvement active charcoal mask' and was looking for a new face scrub/exfoliator that was gentle for my sensitive, blemish prone combination (oily t-zone, normal-dry cheeks & chin) skin. At first I was hesitant about purchasing this particular product because of the price and after reading tons of reviews, I decided to get it. I have tried applying this with and without a splash of water on my face and if your skin is very sensitive then I'd suggest to apply this face scrub on a damp face as it's more gentle. Either way, your skin feels fully cleansed and exfoliated. I have been using this product for around 2-3months (roughly) and I am very pleased with this product. Despite the price tag, it has become 'HG' status in my skin care regime. I normally use this scrub once a week (same with their 'clear improvement' face mask, obviously on a different day). My skin feels smooth and soft afterwards. What I also love about this product is that there's also contents of vitamin c which is what I've always wanted in facial skin care products. I have uneven skin tone due to past holiday sunburn and a few dark spots/scars from post acne... and they usually take forever to fade away! My face is also slightly darker than my neck so the brightening properties contained in this wonderful face scrub is ideal for me. I am starting to see some changes as my face is (slowly) looking more glowing, brighter and sometimes clear (I have medium acne almost every month). My pores are large around my t-zone (mostly prominent on my nose area) and in conjunction with the 'clear improvement' face mask, they both help unclog and deep cleanse them. I have yet to see results if my pores will reduce overtime. Otherwise this is another staple in my skin care routine. You really get what you pay for and this will last for a long time as you'd only need a big pea-sized amount for you face. WARNING: do not get this scrub near your eyes because it will sting and hurt. I was lucky I only felt a little sting and immediately washed my eye area with water. So be very careful when using this scrub. Overall, I would happily repurchase this product in the future and would recommend this for normal, combination-oily, oily and probably combination-dry skin too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

The price of this has way gone up every year. The texture and the way it glides on is heavenly but it isn't gritty enough for an exfoliater. It tingles a little if you apply it on dry skin and smells herbal. Just don't get it in your eyes, it burns and stings!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Hollykadwill

Great for large pores visabley smaller after use, would not use if skin is sensitive. Personally I have combination skin and I think it is slightly harsh for my skin. I think this is best for oily blemish prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Modern Friction is a pretty intense exfoliating scrub. It doesn't feel very granular but it's a combo of physical and chemical exfoliators that leaves the skin super soft. Love that its made of natural ingredients - it reminds me of a more affordable Exfolikate. That said, I would use this no more than 1-2x a week, especially if you have sensitive skin. Using this several days in a row also made my skin dry and flaky. Be careful not to get any in your eyes, it stings so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have spent several years of mine using Origins exfoliators. Started off using the Origins never a dull moment. After finishing the tube comes Origins modern friction. Both are equally good. I would say Modern friction is more suitable for people with oily and tougher skin. If you have really sensitive and delicate skin, you wanna stay away from such stuff. The modern friction is more heavy duty than Never a dull moment. You can also tell from the pricing. Modern friction is also way more expensive.

If you ask me which performs better, I would say modern friction gives a better polish result. I might also repurchase modern friction again. I have seen reviews saying Apricot scrubs have rough edges and causes skin damage. They are also less expensive due to its relatively cheap material. They might stretch and enlarge pores. I am not too sure how true that verdict is. But to be safe, I would go with the modern friction.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

I have combination skin with a tad of dryness. I was in the market at the time for a good exfoliator and the beauty advisor at Origins (knowing my skin type) suggested this scrub. She said since I'm somewhat dry to apply it with a damp face and if my face is more oily to apply it after cleansed and dry skin. I only used it once or twice a week but was really disappointed. The "beads" were somewhat too harsh for me personally and were randomly scattered around so I didn't feel that it was actually exfoliating all over my face. I really didn't like the smell, but after rinsing, my face did feel smooth and soft but after a minute or so, it started to get dry and tight. I decided to switch my regimen to only using it maybe twice a month but that still didn't help and I never fell in love with it. I think I'll stick with my Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. Oh well! I don't recommend the Modern Friction (even though I'm a die hard Origins fan) but would recommend the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub to anyone who is looking for a daily scrub with acne prone skin and clogged pores for a better value.