November 26, 2014 | 1176 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Rouge Double Intensité - Amethyst

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LILYFISH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG lipstick. I'm on my third one. It's a great everyday color for my medium skintone. Looks very dark in the package, but you can control how sheer you want it. Lasts very well and wears off gradually. Wish Chanel would sell the topcoat separately as I always run out of it before I run out of the color, but any gloss works over the color just fine. I'm afraid it has been discontinued as I don't see it offered on Sephora or Gloss. I bought my last 2 on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mcrevell

By far the best long-lasting lipstick I've ever tried. I've tried the cheapy drug store brands and the MAC long last and HATED them all, the colors were always awful and the product came out all gritty and always bunched up on my lips. I bought the Chanel to wear at my wedding so I wouldn't have to worry about reapplying lipstick all night. It lasted all day, I only had to touch up the gloss a few times. The color is darker than I would wear for everyday use (I'm blonde and fairly pale) but it's great for anytime I want a little more drama. It can also be lightened up a bit with a lighter colored lip gloss on top instead of the cleargloss that comes with it. I would suggest putting it on with a lipstick brush instead of the spongey applicator thing. Also make sure your lips are exfoliated and totally bare before you apply this, otherwise it will go on unevenly and it's VERY hard to take off!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by wruw

Great color. I thought I would only wear it in the evening, but turns out that it looks great in the daytime. Not as long lasting as sandstone (that one just won't wear off even after a night's sleep) -- this color needs to be applied a few times a day. But I absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by susand

Don't let the $30.00 price tag scare you away from this!!! One swipe of color and gloss and NO TOUCHUPS all day!!!!It probably works out to cost equal to other high-end lippies.
I was drawn to the Sandstone color, but made a last minute decision and chose the Amethyst. I am so glad I did. This it the perfect color on my lips. And you don't get the "raw-silk" after effects on your lips like other long-wearing lipsticks. The gloss didn't last, but the lipstick doesn't get all dried out, either.
HG for me!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is categorized as a lip gloss but I think of it as lipstick because of the coverage. I previously reviewed the Ruby Lite (which lasted 10 hours on me, including dinner) and reviewed the Rose Quartz which my sister (a blonde ppp) got. There's 2 components ... one end holds a colored base coat advertised as non-transferring or feathering, and that dries quickly. The other end holds a gloss coat advertised as non-tacky and providing high shine all day. You apply the base coat, wait one minute, and it's dry. Then you apply the clear gloss. The Ruby Lite lasted 10 hours for me (which included dinner). My sister found Rose Quartz on her lips the next day! I suspected that I'd like this Amethyst even more and I was right (I'm a neutral, slightly warm-toned brunette MMM). It's a beautiful mauvish burgundy. I'd applied the Ruby Lite "full strength" and decided to try the Amethyst sheerly; it was gorgeous. Apparently, you can wear these with full coverage or sheerly and it doesn't affect how long they last; if you do decide on a sheer application, spread it quickly because the color coat dries in one minute. With the Amethyst, I used Bobbi Brown's Lip Gloss - Baby Pink (instead of the clear coat that comes with it) and it worked perfectly. A while ago, I tried the versions from L'Oreal and they were drying to my lips, making me feel like I had something odd on my lips. The Chanel version simply felt like I had ordinary lipstick on except that I was not able to make it come off on a white napkin! The clear gloss coat indeed was not tacky, just a usual slick clear high-shine gloss with a slippery feel. Too expensive (or course) but excellent nonetheless; this product works as advertised and provides beautiful designer-colored lips all day! If you've got to be somewhere and look put together for a long haul and don't want to keep running off to reapply lips, this works and works and works. I hope they put out some in the warm family like a coral peach because I'll run to get them ... these work beautifully and feel great. TIP: Do use a lip liner to help you get the first coat on neatly, because once it sets, it sets.