April 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Skincare - Body - Vaseline - Intensive Care Extra Strength Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This stuff isnt moisturizing. It has parabens and other chemicals bad for skin. It is also very runny, like water. I dont reccomend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I would call this lotion "extra strength". It's actually lighter than most lotions I have. But it's great when you're in a hurry and want something that will absorb quickly. It keeps your skin soft without being greasy or oily. It's also great for sensitive skin, especially if you get the unfragranced version. Unfortunately it does contain parabens.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

My skin tends to get dry at night time so I reached for a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Extra Strength lotion. It certainly does it's job at moisturizing. However, have any of you even checked the skin care ingredients contained with the Intensive Care line? It holds very high hazard ratings. On a scale of 1-10, it scores between 6-10. Anyone can definitely do (buy) so much better if they tried to get their money's worth. Believe it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great size, fresh smell, wonderful texture, etc. etc. etc. Overall, fabulous value!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product for those of us with dry winter skin. Applied directly after the shower, it keeps you moisturized through your entire day or night and doesn't feel horribly greasy. It doesn't have a very strong smell and it's marketed as hypoallergenic, so even people with dry, sensitive skin should be able to use it.

You cannot fault this product on price. A little bit of the lotion goes a long way and a giant bottle of the stuff runs about $5-7.

As far as making this stuff really useful, my suggestion is to use it after applying a body oil straight out of the shower. It seems to "lock in" the moisture and you get double the action for a really low price. I'm already on my second bottle and it's definitely something I'll buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by isabelheitmeier

Another treasure from Costco, it comes with 3 big body lotion and a hand lotion.

This vaseline body lotion is very gentle to the skin yet provide all the moisture we need. I use it after a bath, shave and particularly on the feet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by doublee1990

I have been using this lotion since I was a little girl. It's just simple and very effective. I love that this lotion doesn't feel greasy. It's very light and just seems to absorb into my skin. Plus, it is unscented, which is great for me because I hate when the scents of lotions interfere with my perfume!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the unscented version of this lotion. It works well. I use it after my shower in the morning and on days that my skin is especially dry, I'll use a bit more again before bed. Vaseline products are great for use after showering or bathing because petroleum jelly seals in moisture and prevents it from escaping. It absorbs pretty well for a Vaseline product but still leaves enough of a residue that it feels moisturized and supple to the touch. I stock up on this stuff whenever Shopper's has it on sale for $1.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I don't know why I tend to overlook the Vaseline lines when it comes to body lotions. I guess I always thought of that old lady stigma because it's been around for so long you just kind of think "Oh that's my grandma's hand lotion". But in reality I have never had one of their products let me down so obviously I am learning that sometimes if something is around for that long, there's a reason for it's long term success amidst all the new 'advanced' products. And this product is no exception.
Based on their website I don't think this product is available in the U.S. but it is in Canada. Even the fragranced version doesn't have a heavy fragrance and that's important because my husband and me usually like to buy a giant bottle to share and leave in the bathroom so the scent has to be unisex. I picked up a 2 pack of this at Costco for $9.99 and it's just great. And no mineral oil which I find leaves a coaty residue on my skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 9:45:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

I've been using this product for over 10 years and wouldn't think of using anything else. It moisturizes very well and the unscented type has a surprisingly clean, subtle smell- great if you like to wear perfume and don't want scents mixing. The large pump bottle is convenient and lasts for at least a few months- a great product!!