Shiseido Sun Block Stick Spf 35- tinted

4.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 2.9%; Titanium Dioxide 13.7%; Inactive Ingredients: Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Kaolin, Trioctanoin, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Zinc Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Thiotaurine, Carnauba Wax, Silica, Methicone, Glycerin, Sodium Carbonate, Tocopherol, BHT, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 6/11/2006 9:46:00 PM

I found this while looking online for waterproof face sunscreen. I surf, and in Southern California weather, I get burned super easily (I'm quite fair), so I wanted something that's going to stay put with vigorous activity in the water. Not only is this super easy to apply (I dab it on in about 5-6 dots and then blend them all together) but it STAYS. I love that the "beige" color matches me perfectly (literally disappears into my skin) and provides just a bit of coverage. It's not "makeup" exactly, but just enough to cover redness/imperfections. The stick is great to toss into a bag, and while it's a bit expensive for how much you get, you don't need much. Even applied with a very light touch, you're good to go with SPF.

If you want something for the beach, especially if you're in the water, this is the ONLY one to check out. Nothing else like it!

The packaging states that it lasts for 80 minutes of activity in the water, but I was out for 3 hours and STILL didn't get the slightest bit red. Amazing.

on 4/2/2005 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow I love this stuff! I have loads of foundation--everything from La Mer to BeneFit to Prescriptives to, well, the list goes on as you can imagine--and this matches better than anything. This is kind of weird considering that when I got it, there was just the one color (now beige, I believe?), but before I even blend it, it matches perfectly. The consistency is nice and I love the SPF. Another winner from Shiseido.

on 3/15/2005 6:44:00 PM

Stick applies on smoothly and gives great coverage over blemishes! Doesn't clog pores and feels great on the skin, unlike most sunscreens that tend to give you a tuggy feeling against your skin.

However, the Shiseido Sun Protection Stick Foundation is not very user friendly. The foundation does NOT have staying power. I end up getting foundation all over on my clothes and cell phone.

It's not great for everyday use, so I wouldn't use it unless you're going out in ideal weather.

on 12/30/2004 9:57:00 PM

I don't know if this has been discontinued but I have purchased this several months back, and disliked this becaused of the unatural coloring. BUT as I was looking for some extra protection one day I stumbled back upon this still in its box. I recalled this sun block not penetrating nor tanning my skin even at the brisk of the afternoon sun.

My results- I love this!.. only with la praire cellular powdery foundation to correct the tint to my natural color. Perfect flawless and protected skin.