September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Toners - Givenchy - Toner for Very Dry/Sensitive/Tired skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is mis-named here on MUA, it is actually a toner and a lotion 2 in 1 and it's not specifically for dry skin but for sensitive skin.
I love this toner! I got this as a coupon from Sephora and it worked great on my combination oily skin. It really makes all skin care products sink better, closes my pores and on summer days, for my oily areas, it provides just enough moisture to skip extra moisturizer and apply sunscreen. A Sephora SA named it a "mattifying toner" and said it is recommended for combination skin. I wish more people with this type of skin knew that as I find it way better than other toners for combination skin that do not work as well as this one. Needless to say, it does not clog pores or break me out, and after using this instead of other type of toners that say mattify but don't I would even say it made my skin clearer (not that I am acne prone, but I am sensitive and get blemishes really fast). On the bottle it says it is a lotion and a toner all in one so I do recommend it for summer days for girls with combination skin who just don't know what to do anymore to keep the skin hydrated but not oily. If you do use a moisturizer over it it takes a much less amount of it to spread it all over your face and neck and the skin just feels so soft. I never thought I will ever find a HG product and this is the first product I can name it so. I would give it a 6. Will definitely repurchase it and also will also buy Clean Me Tender.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not particularly fond of toners. My previous toner was a B21 version by Orlane, but then my skin changed following pregnancy. I also tend to use more toner during the Spring and Summer months, mostly out of convenience. I like this one a lot. It has a subtle scent, does not sting on application, and leaves my skin softened and freshened, without stripping it. The pump application is a good feature, too. Although my skin is generally NC, it does act more on the normal-dry side for at least half of the year, so is well-suited to this product. At US$32 for 200mls, it's not unreasonably priced. With twice daily use, this will likely last me for approximately six months. Givenchy markets this toner as a moisturizing lotion and skin soother. According to Givenchy, "To stimulate and tone the skin, this lotion is enriched in calcium, magnesium and zinc-a cocktail of minerals essential to a healthy skin. Specifically designed for normal-dry skin, it contains an ideal calcium concentration blended with licorice extract to soothe the skin as soon as it is applied. Alcohol free." Would I buy this again?. Yes, I like the indulgence and the delicate nature of this toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by talitha25

Very nice lotion, the original name is Tone It Tender and specially suitable for sensitive skin types. It's very soft and doesn't dry out my skin like most toners do. My skin feels soft after using it, afterwards I use my Givenchy Skin Drink products which is a great combination!
Would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Angeline

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product.I like most things from Givenchy and although I'm not a toner girl-I find myself reaching for this often.Its hydrates my skin enough that when I'm feeling super lazy- I don't even moisturise after toning..and my skin is very dry. Reccomended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This toner worked really well on my dry skin. I felt like it got the job done but didn't contribute to the dry problem. Made my skin feel refreshed as well. I believe this product is alcohol free.

While I did like this product, I wouldn't repurchase it as I prefer Prescriptive Immediate Glow which is a bit cheaper. continued >>