July 28, 2014 | 1742 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought for $10 on StrawberryNet for a small bottle. Love this stuff. Smells really lovely, quite clean and leaves hair beautifully soft! Really silky too! Little goes a long way too.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It's honestly not that great. It didn't help with flyaways or with making my hair look silky all day.
Chi Silk Infusion is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best hair serum Iíve ever used. My favorite part about it is that itís not oil based, like so many are, so I can use as much as I want without my hair looking or feeling greasy.

The main reason I got this was because of raving reviews Iíd seen before, girls saying that they used this when their hair was extremely damaged and breaking off like crazy. Right now I am in the process of changing my hair-care routine, the biggest being that Iím using as little heat as possible, if not at all. Iíve also cut off several inches, removing the damaged parts, and hoping that this product will allow me to grow it out as long as possible while retaining its health.

Pros:
Lightweight - it truly does not weigh your hair down and if anything, because it makes it so soft, gives it more volume and helps it to retain curls better. I use soft sponge rollers when I sleep, so it helps smooth out my hair and keep the curl in.
Spreads easily - it doesnít stick in certain parts or too thick. The easiest way to get it distributed well is when hair is just washed and wet. Plus, since itís not oily, you can put it closer to your roots without making your hair flat.
Silk? Yes - it lives up to its name and makes my frizzy, thick, almost wiry hair smooth, silky, shiny, and for the first time, really and touchably soft. I LOVE THIS CONDITIONER.

Cons:
It can feel a tiny bit sticky if you put in too much, but you really have to load your hair up with it for that to happen. You can figure out how much you need after a few uses.
The scent is nice but gets a bit much right after use. Thankfully, it fades after a while and you wonít really notice it once your hair dries.

My true HG hair product. Iíll keep buying this from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I bought this product out of sheer desperation. My hair is so damaged right now: it looks dry, feels dry, the ends are fried and won't hold a style, and I have frizzness/ flyaways on the lengths where there is more damage. (I changed to a new colorist closer to home who DESTROYED my hair. I changed again to a stylist back in the city who saved my color just days before my wedding, but the damage caused by all the processing is substantial.) I was hoping for a serum that could both aid the health of my hair when applied to it wet, and add to the overall appearance of my hair when applied dry. I wish the store had had the smaller bottle available, but they didn't, so I spent a small fortune on the big bottle...only to really, really not like this. The worst part for me is the smell. It's just SO strong! And it doesn't go away. Ever. I can smell it all day, I can smell it on my clothes, on my hands, you name it. It's just too overpowering. I can't believe (in my desperation) that I didn't carefully review the ingredient list, like I usually do. Cones, cones, and more cones and bad chemicals (multiple parabens). Cones coat your hair shaft, preventing real moisture and nutrients from entering, hence delaying your hair's repair. That's definitely not what I need right now. It also, despite all the chemicals and 'cones, does not really make my hair look or feel any better than any of my other serums and oils, many of which are natural (or more natural). I'm going to stick with my Giovanni Olive Oil & Avocado serum which is more natural and cruelty-free (and a heck of a lot cheaper and less stinky). I am beyond disappointed with this & will not rebuy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

Have just finished my biosilk silk therapy and have bought another bottle. I use a small amount after my hair has been towelled dried. I then use a bit more at the ends when my hair is completely dried. Leaves my hair soft and manageable. It's pretty good at keeping fly-aways at bay. Not sure how good all the silicones are for my hair but it does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my HG hair products! I have loooong semi thick color treated hair. I put in a quarter size plus amount in my hair when it's wet and let it air dry. It makes it sleek and soft and shiny! And I love the smell! I got a huge bottle at Costco that has lasted me forever. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Noeliitop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This leave my hair soft, shiny, and straight, it smells good, and goes easy into the hair. Not too thick but not watery either, a lil bit can go a long way. I also use redken heat glide serum which is very thick and difficult to dispense in my wet hair before flat ironing it so I mix those two together which I find that work good together for the application and the effect. I also use the biosilk after styling. What i dont like is that after two three days it leaves my hair still shiny but not like that smooth silky flowy way. Also this has alcohol so after a few days this leaves my hair a lil dry, straight but not sleek.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Makes my hair so silky and shiny! I use it when I am blow drying my hair and also flat ironing it so wet/dry. It works wonders. It's an oldie but hey if it isn't broke don't fix it I will be using this forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell! Yum. This product works best for my fine, long hair when I put a dime sized amount in it directly after washing while it's still wet. I find it to greasy if I use it on dry hair. It's a good heat protectant and adds a wonderful shine to my hair. I apply mostly in the ends and very sparingly near my scalp. The only thing I don't like about this product is the alcohol in the ingredient list. Alcohol is very drying on the hair and I do find my hair is dryer after repeated use. I only use this occasionally. I primarily use a small amount of pure organic extra virgin coconut oil to get the same effect, without the drying result from Biosilk. I have had my small bottle for over 2 years now and will not repurchase because I prefer the beneficial effects of a natural hair product: coconut oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by araker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way the product makes my hair shine and feel however, when I used it for 3 months straight my hair was dry and breaking. I've never had issues with drying before this. I stopped using this product and six months later my hair started to feel better. I only wanted the product for the shine so now I use a shine spray that does not have alcohol in it. It works wonderfully and is super cheap!