October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVEEE! I was browsing around a Mac makeup counter and decided, on a whim, that I needed a nude lipstick. I asked the MUA for a nude lipstick that would look nice with my skintone of C7. She pulled out this and another one called viva glam something (?). I remember the viva glam one having a little too much "color" for a nude lipstick so I tried this one on and I loved it. It's a beige brown with shimmer, but not overdone shimmer. This makes me lips look fuller. The lasting power is average for a Mac lustre. Will need to be reapplied after eating or drinking but will last a while otherwise. Packaging is standard Mac lipstick bullet shaped tube, which I love. Price is average also at $16. My first and only true nude lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's a good lipstick. Luster finish, but it has shimmer in it which transfers to lips more like frost. I love how the lipstick looks swatches on my hand: beautiful peachy shimmery beige. Yet when applied to my lips some dull brown tones set in. Guess the color doesn't agree with my skin tones well. I am NW20 in winter and NC25 in summer. The lipstick looks slightly better when I am more tanned. Yet could be even better.
I assume it will look best on darker skin tones for a neutral shimmery look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I absolutely love this shade! Its the perfect shimmer nude without making my lips look ashy and when paired up with MAC lip liner in cork it instantly becomes a go to shade when I'm in a rush. The texture isn't grainy either which was what had me concerned. Very happy and look forward to repurchasing if the opportunity warrants it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought another tube of these because I used to love it when I was teen. I find the beige shimmery color doesn't really suit me, I'm a NC35.. I prefer a nude more coraly like Kinda Sexy lipstick with clear gloss on top...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am right down to the base of this lipstick and will repurchase. I wear it everyday to work. It adds a bit of polish and shimmer without looking over the top. I am a blue eyed brunette with nc20 skin and this is very flattering on me. It is rare that I ever use a lipstick up, so that says something.

Also, I really like the lustre finish, it's one if my faves. I don't mind reapplying because I like the glossy, sheer finish. It's a good alternative to gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a light shimmery nude that is a tad on the ashy side but I love it as a base for my nude glosses. I use a nude pencil to give my lips definition, brush on the High Tea, apply a gloss and I'm good to go. It's a beautiful lipstick but do make sure you wear blush and plenty of eye makeup to avoid looking washed out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great dupe for Bare Slimeshine, although the texture isn't quite as balmy. Lighter lips can make me look corpse like, but this packs enough punch and pigment where I can wear it confidently.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I stopped into MAC because I needed a nude color to go with my smokey eye looks. I'm an NW-15 for reference and I needed a good nude but one that wouldn't wash me out. This color is perfect I use this with Boy Bait and the two together are just amazing.

This color is just beautiful it has a sheen but not too much. It leaves my lips so soft and I love the vanilla scent as well. Whenever I do a dark eye I like a nice nude lip and this one really is the ticket for my skin tone. I like that it's a lustre because sometimes a matte will make me look well just not good and them I have to use gloss so I don't look so washed out.
Not with High Tea you can wear it alone or with gloss and either way it looks great. It doesn't feather, goes on like a dream, and gives the lips a great color.The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies was because you do have to apply it often. I'm ok with that I just wish it would last through my morning coffee. I highly recommend this color as I think it would flatter a lot of skin tones. Total repurchase as the color is so versatile and just so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

High Tea is a pretty, shimmery moisturizing lipstick. I was recommended this color when I went to a MAC counter looking for a nude shade. At that time I purchased High Tea and Striptease lip liner. Both together are a good nude combo for me, just not as opaque of a color combo as I'd like. I have pigmented pink lips. What I look for in nude lips is color that will cover my pigments and match the coloring of my face. High Tea just doesn't have the pigmentation I look for, which is something I should have expected given it's a Lustre. That being said this may be perfect for those who want a sheerer nude lip look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this color ! i got it free so thats why i love it even more ! would i buy this myself? probably not.. its a little too brown for me. it looks much better in summer while im tan. the feel of it so ohhh sooo smooth. i love the gloss effect it gives me. it also smells great ! just wish on my pale skin it wouldn't look so brown !