September 1, 2014 | 1141 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Noriko Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually liked this soap. It is hard to describe the smell accurately. Sweet and powdery but spicy at the same time. It lathered well but I definitely had to use a moisturizer afterwards because it was a bit drying on my already dry bodyskin. The fragrance of Noriko is more subtle and therefore less noticeable than other Lush soaps but I will by it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by sandries

To preface, I'm totally in love with the idea of LUSH products: all natural ingredients, sourced locally, donation of proceeds %, etc. Even the store is adorable. So I bought a bunch of bath bombs, melts and this soap. It contains tofu and sake for crying out loud, what's not to like?
It is a white soap with multicolored bits of glycerin, cut from a large block. Upon initial use, the edges may be kind of poke-y and sharp, so I used it with a bath mitt. It lathers okay and has a creaminess to it that doesn't really translate to skin softness. It's supposed to have some toning and exfoliating qualities, but sadly, but I didn't really pick up on these. I don't expect much from bath products generally, but I don't see myself repurchasing this unless I have tons of discretionary income.

Pros: smells pretty. Mildly moisturizing. You will still need a lotion afterwards. It contains cool ingredients.
Cons: Keep away from the tub when not using it. At all costs. This puppy will dissipate in a week's time if kept wet. Kind of expensive considering the life of this soap and # of uses gotten out of it. Probably not moisturizing enough for most ppl.

Overall: It's merely okay. I'm probably so used to drugstore quality shower gel and lotion that the subtleties and natural properties of this soap are lost on me. Whatever. I'll stick to the LUSH bath bombs.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Got this in one of the gift sets. It was nice and a different kind of exfoliating soap. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

I don't love this quite as much as I do the other Lush soaps I have tried, but I do like it very much. The smell takes a bit of getting used to, but now it smells rather lovely to me - flowers and a distincty Japanese scent to it. It is not quite as lathery as Alkmaar and not as moisturising, but it feels nice on the skin and there are scrubby bits for exfoliation. I don't even mind the jelly bit on top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 2:25:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a whole supply of noriko when it went half price at the beginning of the year. I've tried to like the scent but it just smells 'dirty and sticky' to me. It is no where near as moistuizing as Snow Cake, my all time fave lush product. I don't think this soap was very moisturizing at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took a while for the scent to grow on me, but now I love it. It smelled very medicinal at first, but now I just smell the floral and the sake. Lovely creamy soap, full of nice little scrubbies. I hope they make this one again next Christmas.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tigertoratora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the LUSH experimentation stage so soap was my cheapest deciding factor. I got Noriko, curious about the Oriental spin of rice sake and tofu. It smelt like Chinatown, musky, exotic, and ANCIENT. I'd visit Chinatown, but I don't want the smell sticking to my skin. In terms of lather and dryness, it's an average soap and nothing special (besides, old world odor and weird appearance) compared to regular drugstore soap. Way too expensive for something that's more novelty than substance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was sorry when they discontinued Noriko soap, but then Lush brought it back. It is a white bar with "jerries"--well, that is how they said the eponymous Noriko the soapmaker said jellies. So the top of this white soap is studded with glycerine jellies and also with rice. It is supposed to have tofu. Soy is very soothing to the skin. The scent is jasmine, and the texture is very soft and nice. There is detergent in this soap. It can be drying for the face, but as a bath soap, it's nice. The rice acts as a sort of scrubber, but I think it's really not what I like in a soap. Otherwise, the jasmine soft suds make this a favorite soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

A very creamy white soap with a slightly spicy, slightly floral fragrance. The fragrance is quite hard to describe and I'm having a hard time placing the individual elements of it. The soap itself produces loads of lather and is extremely creamy- one of Lush's most moisturizing. I find the jelly bits on top to be slimy and mildly annoying, so I try and get pieces without them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

Well no pretty jelly color things on my piece and it didn't smell like oranges either...it was more floral maybe? It wasn't what I expected it to smell like at all, but it is one of the best lathering lush soaps I've used. It's creamy and nice.