October 21, 2014 | 1426 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have nightmare skin, dry, sensitive, and prone to both acne and eczema. Even in my early 20's most moisturizers were too light for my dry skin. I've tried really inexpensive brands, and some high end ones and they usually don't cut it. I love that this is fragrance and dye free which is surprisingly uncommon. This is also provides enough moisture for my parched skin, another difficult task. Price wise this is on par with Olay and L'Oreal so I would say it's very fairly priced. I would repurchase this because the price is on par with other brands, its fragrance and dye free, and it moisturizes well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
I found this to be one of the most moisturizing lotions in the entire line. It is an extremely creamy spreadable and long lasting lotion that seals moidturizer in the skin. It is best suited for very dry skin with dry patches or for winter time when moisture is sucked out of the air.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Great moisturizer! I like this and her Moisture Boost. This one is thicker for days when you need the added moisture without feeling sticky or heavy. Love that it's packed with antioxidants and fragrance free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I used to like this cream better than I like it now and my skin is more mature and drier so certainly the target audience for this cream. But this cream, although not outwardly and immediately irritating, seems to do nothing for my skin. It doesn't absorb well and seems to not make my skin look better or plumped or anything. I doesn't even work that well anymore on dry spots. Instead it just feels rather waxy and sits on top of my skin. I've continued to use it as an eye cream at night and even that's not going well as my eyes seem to be bothered by it now and I wake with some crustiness (sorry for graphic nature.) I'm totally underwhelmed and wonder what I ever saw in this product before or if it's (or I've) just changed that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used a multitude of moisturisers over the years, both high end and cheaper types. Most of them worked well in my 20's, but when I was hitting 40, my skin changed. My skin began to get easily irritated with ANY moisturiser I used.

I wanted a simple, effective moisturiser without fragrance, that my skin would not react to. I did an internet search, read up Paula Begoun and her products, and decided to try some of her products.

I love it. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, non-greasy, non-sticky and I have never had a problem with irritation from it.

It is a bit pricey, but I usually wait for sales and buy 2 of them and they last me a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite an average moisturiser at an above average price. It reads better than it actually performs. It applies very nicely and does moisturise my dry skin to some extent but it's not as moisturising as I would like and I have seen no improvement in my skin. So far, I have been very disappointed with the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery line of products, I much prefer Neostrata which gives you very obvious results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this moisturizer for years. I LOVE IT!!! Extremely moisturizing and calming. No irritation. Doesn't promote milia. Feels so soothing on my skin. I've given it high marks for product performace. I LOVE everything about it EXCEPT the price.

I have defended PC's higher prices on some of the new Resist products like the BHA4% foam and the C15 - I can see that those are more elegant formulas/ingredients and require specialized stable packaging. I understand inflation and increase in good and servies. I get it. However, I think this moisturizer is overpriced for what it is. However, I just can't find anything (that's less expensive) I like as well. Cetaphil cream was a chose second but I got some milia shortly after I started using it.

I at first marked no as repurchase but I think I'm switching back to yes. With eBates and promo codes, I'll get this when it's on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Adobogiona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found it pretty average considering it costs 27 dollars and it is full of silicones. I prefer products with either an elegant composition or a low price. This product possesses none of those qualities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin has become very dry this fall and winter, and this moisturizer has been a Godsend. For a facial moisturizer, it's on the thicker side, but it completely soaks into my dry skin immediately and leaves no stickiness. I can see, though, that in warmer, more humid weather or for those with more normal skin, there might be some residue. I would not recommend this for oily skin. I have very sensitive skin (rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema) and this moisturizer does not irritate it, whereas I found PC's Moisture Boost Moisturizer did irritate my seb derm. This product also works wonderfully under sunscreen and/or foundation. For me, this is a perfect product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok I have to weigh in. I got a few samples of this. Let me start by saying I'm slightly afraid of moisturizers (especially with ss in them because I just clog easily). Right now I'm using Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion which is a teeeeeny bit thicker and white but also not SPF or overly thick. I like that, it's working with no issues. So enter this. This is one of the better PC products I've tried and def one of the better moisturizers, within her products and outside. I would give this a 4.5 if I could and I might even like it better than the Murad. This moisturizer is white too, but slightly transparent white. Really nice and gentle yet effective, and non-greasy. (The Murad is just slightly greasy) I think I'm going to go for this when the Murad runs out (which could be a while, but I'm really leaning in that direction).

Update: I used this side by side with the previous one and felt the other was better, less flakes and neither side was clearer or more clogged than the other. Still have samples, and in the end Murad broke me out too. This is by no means bad or clogging but just unsure if I want to go out of my way to purchase full size. I've also since tried the mask, which is way better at moisturizing but caused major bumps. I've been having better luck with cocoa butter vaseline. So while this is safe and gentle and doesn't clog, it wasn't enough.