December 17, 2014 | 1642 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by melora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll preface this review with the note that I have nightmare skin - clog-prone, typically combination (oily with dry, flaky patches), acne-prone, and very sensitive. I have never been able to use moisturizers regularly because I just can't tolerate them clogging and causing excess oil that lead to horrible break-outs. However, with the irritating side effects of many months using Tazorac, my derm recommended I find something rich and suitable for sensitive skin - and then stick with it for 30 days. I picked this one because of the reviews, suitability for sensitive skin, and beneficial ingredients. I started using it at night, about 20 minutes after applying my Tazorac. The first week was really tough because my skin was producing excess oil, but the redness and flaking improved. It's been three months, and it still hasn't clogged my pores. The dry, flaky, sensitivity is resolved, and my skin's moisture and oil levels have really balanced out. The constantly congested pores I'm used to having are mostly gone, and the cystic bumps under my chin are shrinking and fading. I thought I couldn't tolerate moisturizers, but I really just needed to give a good one a chance to work. Ensuring my skin has ENOUGH moisture has actually helped resolve a lot of the problems I was experiencing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like! As a little background, I use Retin-A and have very dry skin, and I wanted a super hydrating night cream to use over my PM treatments (yes, it is fine to use a moisturizer over retin-a if you wait at least 20 mins). I am not clog prone, so I cannot speak to that aspect of this moisturizer. Anyway, most creams will at least relieve that tight, uncomfortable feeling after washing, but few actually leave the skin feeling and looking visibly softer in the morning. This one does! It is totally fragrance free (a must for me), and has very good ingredients. This cost $26.00 on the PC website (though there is almost always a 20% discount going on), which is quite reasonable for the amount of product, which has lasted me months. Very good value product. Squeeze tube packaging is hygienic and causes no product waste. As an aside, this cream feels quite rich and would work very well as an eye cream. Also, having very dry skin, I can use a light layer of this under my makeup and it looks great, no product balling. Will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have nightmare skin, dry, sensitive, and prone to both acne and eczema. Even in my early 20's most moisturizers were too light for my dry skin. I've tried really inexpensive brands, and some high end ones and they usually don't cut it. I love that this is fragrance and dye free which is surprisingly uncommon. This is also provides enough moisture for my parched skin, another difficult task. Price wise this is on par with Olay and L'Oreal so I would say it's very fairly priced. I would repurchase this because the price is on par with other brands, its fragrance and dye free, and it moisturizes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
I found this to be one of the most moisturizing lotions in the entire line. It is an extremely creamy spreadable and long lasting lotion that seals moidturizer in the skin. It is best suited for very dry skin with dry patches or for winter time when moisture is sucked out of the air.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Great moisturizer! I like this and her Moisture Boost. This one is thicker for days when you need the added moisture without feeling sticky or heavy. Love that it's packed with antioxidants and fragrance free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I used to like this cream better than I like it now and my skin is more mature and drier so certainly the target audience for this cream. But this cream, although not outwardly and immediately irritating, seems to do nothing for my skin. It doesn't absorb well and seems to not make my skin look better or plumped or anything. It doesn't even work that well anymore on dry spots. Instead it just feels rather waxy and sits on top of my skin. I've continued to use it as an eye cream at night and even that's not going well as my eyes seem to be bothered by it now and I wake with some crustiness (sorry for graphic nature.) I'm totally underwhelmed and wonder what I ever saw in this product before or if it's (or I've) just changed that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used a multitude of moisturisers over the years, both high end and cheaper types. Most of them worked well in my 20's, but when I was hitting 40, my skin changed. My skin began to get easily irritated with ANY moisturiser I used.

I wanted a simple, effective moisturiser without fragrance, that my skin would not react to. I did an internet search, read up Paula Begoun and her products, and decided to try some of her products.

I love it. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, non-greasy, non-sticky and I have never had a problem with irritation from it.

It is a bit pricey, but I usually wait for sales and buy 2 of them and they last me a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite an average moisturiser at an above average price. It reads better than it actually performs. It applies very nicely and does moisturise my dry skin to some extent but it's not as moisturising as I would like and I have seen no improvement in my skin. So far, I have been very disappointed with the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery line of products, I much prefer Neostrata which gives you very obvious results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this moisturizer for years. I LOVE IT!!! Extremely moisturizing and calming. No irritation. Doesn't promote milia. Feels so soothing on my skin. I've given it high marks for product performace. I LOVE everything about it EXCEPT the price.

I have defended PC's higher prices on some of the new Resist products like the BHA4% foam and the C15 - I can see that those are more elegant formulas/ingredients and require specialized stable packaging. I understand inflation and increase in good and servies. I get it. However, I think this moisturizer is overpriced for what it is. However, I just can't find anything (that's less expensive) I like as well. Cetaphil cream was a chose second but I got some milia shortly after I started using it.

I at first marked no as repurchase but I think I'm switching back to yes. With eBates and promo codes, I'll get this when it's on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Adobogiona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found it pretty average considering it costs 27 dollars and it is full of silicones. I prefer products with either an elegant composition or a low price. This product possesses none of those qualities.