April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this moisturizer for years. I LOVE IT!!! Extremely moisturizing and calming. No irritation. Doesn't promote milia. Feels so soothing on my skin. I've given it high marks for product performace. I LOVE everything about it EXCEPT the price.

I have defended PC's higher prices on some of the new Resist products like the BHA4% foam and the C15 - I can see that those are more elegant formulas/ingredients and require specialized stable packaging. I understand inflation and increase in good and servies. I get it. However, I think this moisturizer is overpriced for what it is. I wish I could remember what it cost when I started using it. Though I have re-purchased this at least a dozen times, I am looking elsewhere now. I'd rather put my money into AHAs, retinols, and Vit.C serums and just use an inexpensive basic moisutring cream/lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Adobogiona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found it pretty average considering it costs 27 dollars and it is full of silicones. I prefer products with either an elegant composition or a low price. This product possesses none of those qualities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin has become very dry this fall and winter, and this moisturizer has been a Godsend. For a facial moisturizer, it's on the thicker side, but it completely soaks into my dry skin immediately and leaves no stickiness. I can see, though, that in warmer, more humid weather or for those with more normal skin, there might be some residue. I would not recommend this for oily skin. I have very sensitive skin (rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema) and this moisturizer does not irritate it, whereas I found PC's Moisture Boost Moisturizer did irritate my seb derm. This product also works wonderfully under sunscreen and/or foundation. For me, this is a perfect product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Ok I have to weigh in. I got a few samples of this. Let me start by saying I'm slightly afraid of moisturizers (especially with ss in them because I just clog easily). Right now I'm using Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion which is a teeeeeny bit thicker and white but also not SPF or overly thick. I like that, it's working with no issues. So enter this. This is one of the better PC products I've tried and def one of the better moisturizers, within her products and outside. I would give this a 4.5 if I could and I might even like it better than the Murad. This moisturizer is white too, but slightly transparent white. Really nice and gentle yet effective, and non-greasy. (The Murad is just slightly greasy) I think I'm going to go for this when the Murad runs out (which could be a while, but I'm really leaning in that direction).

Update: I used this side by side with the previous one and felt the other was better, less flakes and neither side was clearer or more clogged than the other. Still have samples, and in the end Murad broke me out too. This is by no means bad or clogging but just unsure if I want to go out of my way to purchase full size. I've also since tried the mask, which is way better at moisturizing but caused major bumps. I've been having better luck with cocoa butter vaseline. So while this is safe and gentle and doesn't clog, it wasn't enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream! I know that a lot of you don't like the smell but I actually like it. I can't tell what it smell like but it's something comforting, natural...

This is a good cream, in fact, probably the best one I have used that I can remember, except for the La Roche-Posay line, that I also really like. You have to know that I have a very dry and sensitive skin, with a lot of redness, and I think that this may be too heavy for people who have a normal to dry skin. It's heavy, yeah, but that's what I really like about this product. My skin feel moisturized, I don't fell that dried/itching sensation anymore, and my skin fell more full, plumper.

I only wish that the tub would be bigger but it has lasted me really less than a normal tub of night cream does.

I'll definitively repurchase. I hope that Paula's choice will have a way to not pay that so expensive shipping in the future :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No harsh/artificial scent to bother my sensitive skin. Gentle and feels nourishing to my skin. It's very moisturizing for my dry skin. Full of antioxidants. I'm seeing a difference in my skin: wrinkles are slightly softened, dry patches are gone, and redness is lessened. Does NOT ball up under my foundation like some moisturizers do. I love to use this for eye cream. No animal testing

CONS: Leaves a very slight stickiness left over. May be too much moisture for some, but certainly it's clear by the description on the site/bottle that this is for very dry skin. When I am VERY sensitive, I use the mask version instead.

APPLICATION TIPS: I love this for a night cream and even under my spf in the morning. Some find it too moisturizing, but Paula's Choice has a "Moisture Boost" line that is slightly more light than this one. Love to use this as an eye cream.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Resist Barrier Repair is much lighter but still quite moisturizing. Paula also has a mask that is under the skin recovery line that some use as a moisturizer. I like it a lot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this as a night cream. Very rich and thick going on. No irritation. However when i woke up the next morning, my face looked like....my face. And it still does - no improvement whatsoever. No glow or wateva. No thanks. I'm not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

So I went on a Paula's Choice sample buying spree and I'm slowly making my way through the haul. These are just first impressions, will update my reviews (and my lippies) as time goes on.

EXTREMELY THICK, extremely emollient. Would be perfect for the dead of winter in below freezing temperatures but too heavy for me now that it is warmer. Will try again in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this when using accutane and as a eye cream when not on accutane. It is super gentle and really helps take the flaky dry patches away. No point in spending extra money on eye cream when this is as good as or better than most anyway.

After using this for a week the fine lines were much less noticeable and overall my skin looked less red and irritated from the accutane.

This does leave a slight moist feel to the skin that some people with less dry skin might find too sticky or shiny. So this really is best for dry to very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brilliant stuff. For MONTHS I've had this horrible itchy dry patch on my forehead that I just could not get rid of. I was using two type of moisturiser and it would go away for a few days then come right back, bright red because I would scratch it so much due to the maddening itch. Recently I started using this moisturiser in combination with the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Toner and Resist 9 BHA gel and the dry patch is completely gone and my skin is beautifully smooth. Will keep using this for its anti aging properties and deep moisturisation.
UPDATE: Have realised it was actually more the Resist 9 BHA gel that got rid of my dry patch, as I have recently run out of that product and the dry patch has started to come back a little bit even though I've continued to use this moisturiser. It's still a good moisturiser though, I just have this very stubborn dry patch obviously! The good thing about PC products is that you know they are safe and don't contain any ingredients that are irritating or damaging to skin.