Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Glycereth-26 (thickener), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Cyclopentasiloxane (skin-conditioning agent), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (skin-conditioning agent), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Tocopheryl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant/vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (antioxidant/vitamin C), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice-derived anti-irritant), Sodium PCA (water-binding agent), Panthenol (soothing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant/soothing agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (antioxidant/vitamin C), Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (antioxidant), Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (skin-conditioning agents), Hydroxypropyl Guar (gel-based thickener), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Fruit Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Dimethicone, Simethicone (silicone slip agents), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (thickener), Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Citrate, Triethanolamine (pH adjusters), Trisodium EDTA (chelating agent), Batyl Alcohol (stabilizer), Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (all preservatives).

on 7/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great moisturizer. I use it nightly with my vitamin C serum. :) I helps with redness and makes my skin very comfortable and calm. It especially helps with Tazorac dryness and and exfoilants BHA and AHA's. Restores my skin to looking great!

on 6/18/2015 2:29:00 PM

I bought a sample of this. It was recommended as an eye cream, since I have very dry skin around my eyes. I didn't find it moisturizing enough for my eye area. However, I also have seborrheic dermatitis, in my eyebrows and the surrounding skin, as well as on my ears. For that, I felt like it was helping, but I wanted a cream that served both purposes, and so I bought a full size of the ultra-rich moisturizer, which I haven't used yet, but I will review it once I do.

on 4/27/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this every the evening after cleansing and toning and applying my the Skin Recovery Antioxidant Serum. I find this to be really soothing and smoothing to my dry skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

on 4/9/2015 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been very, very pleased with my purchases from Paula's Choice, and particularly with this product. i was looking for an eye cream since I wasn't gaining any hydration from my usual choices (Tarte Maracuja eye cream, several from PTR, Olay, Garnier, Earth Science, the list is very very long).

I"m almost 48, have all the fine lines, smile lines and so on to prove it, and those lines don't bother me a bit. What does bother me is crepey textured, dry looking skin under my eyes - I feel that to be incredibly aging.

My skin tends to be oily/combo, even at my "advanced age," and I am still prone to enlarged pores and blackheads.

I had been using an array of PC's salicylic acid products, and had good results from them. I was initially disappointed that there was no specific eye cream, but decided to look carefully at the dry skin items with hyaluronic acid for hydration. I found the Skin Recovery collection, for "normal, dry and very dry skin," and read that both the tone and the cream were "ideal for use around the eye," and decided to give it a go. So happy I did.

I use the Skin Recovery Toner as an essence, pouring a bit into my palm and pressing it into my skin from decollete to forehead, including eye area and eye lids. It is smooth, light, hydrating, has no fragrance, doesn't sting or cause my eyes to water. While that is still moist I apply a bit of the SKin Recovery Cream to my eye area including lids, and around my mouth (I've always used my eye products around my lips, since that skin also lacks oil glands and is very mobile and prone to crinkling).

The results have been fabulous - my eye area is smooth and taut looking, no more crepiness, no more tight looking skin. Concealer and powder go on smoothly. Shadowing is lessened because these products somehow don't trap fluid in my skin the way other creams sometimes would.

The tube is a bit size, will last a long time. I do use this on my face and neck from time to time, too, when I want more of a barrier for my skin. I am so happy to have this combo in my arsenal - I don't feel a need to keep searching for the next best eye cream, this is it for now. When my skin changes or I get older and feel I need more hydration, perhaps - but I think that won't be a for a while. A+ for Skin Recovery Cream.

on 4/9/2015 10:16:00 AM

I'm an avid lover of Paula's choice and have been using the clear cleanser, skin balancing pore reducing toner and now the skin recovery replenishing moisturizer.

I've initially been skipping the use of moisturizers as I was using caudalie's oil every night but due to the crazy hot weather in singapore, my skin started becoming abit drier than usual.

Usually I stay away from moisturizers as I have combi skin with a oily t zone so most moistuizers have been too rich and caused my skin to have whiteheads.

However, so far with the Paula's choice skin recovery moisturizer, my skin is no longer dry and does not peel and I also like how it can double as eye cream.

After this is done, I'll try other moisturizers such as the hydralight range but I'll also def repurchase this as a backup!

on 3/31/2015 12:39:00 PM

Did not expect to like this because most of the PC moisturizers I've used haven't worked for me, and I also expected it to be a bit too heavy, but I'm pleased to report it works great for my normal to dry skin.
Even though I don't usually get dry patches throughout the year, in the winter they do start to make an appearance, and my skin overall feels more dehydrated as it does for most people. I decided my regular moisturizer wasn't doing the trick, and switched to this just for the winter months. It worked wonders, and nary a dry patch came back since I started using it. Even though it has a very emollient texture, it surprisingly doesn't clog my acne-prone/clog-prone skin. To me it feels really luxurious, and doesn't have an off-putting or offensive smell at all. I also like that it comes in a tube so I can squeeze out every last drop!
If you suffer from dry, yet acne-prone skin, this might work for you- although I've had to go through quite a few PC moisturizers to find one that works for my skin, their customer service policies are excellent, and I've never had a problem returning something that doesn't work for me.

on 3/28/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I continue to be disappointed in Paula's moisturizers. Yes, I would say this is good for sensitive skin; however, the uniqueness stops there. It is just an average moisturizer and the claim that this 'reduces wrinkles on the face and eye area' I have found to be completely untrue. My face does not look hydrated at all when using this. I have dry skin and used this in the winter and I would say that my face felt mostly hydrated (especially compared to when I used Moisture Boost), but did not look it. If I switch to ANY other night cream or moisturizer that I have laying around (such as Olay, Kiehl's, or Specific Beauty), I see immediate results and my skin completely changes. I would definitely not recommend this for people looking for antiaging results. This moisturizer seems like it would be a good BASIC moisturizer for people with sensitive skin.

on 3/25/2015 6:49:00 PM

This is one of my favorite moisturizers. I am very prone to milia and whiteheads and most moisturizers clog me. This one mosturizes well and I have yet to experience a single bump from it. It can hold its own even in the winter when my skin is very dry.

on 3/16/2015 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I have had eczema most of my life, but it's been mostly under control the last 10 years. I have struggled finding a cream for my eye area; most eye creams have a lot of ingredients, which increases the chance that it'll irritate my eyes. Plus, I'm a bit of an eyeshadow junkie, and really hate it when itchy eyes prevent me from strutting my stuff!

I had been using a few of Paula's products; why it took me so long to notice this and try it on my eyes, I don't know. But I finally woke up and gave it a whirl when the product I'd been using started not working. It is not too strong to call this a miracle: my eyelids are no longer itchy, they are normal colored (that one took few years) after being red for many years, and I can wear more eyeshadows than ever before.

In fact, my eyes have improved to the point that I don't need to use this under makeup anymore; usually use CeraVe eye cream for that (it's much lighter and more makeup friendly).

The ONLY "con" to this product is that it can migrate into your eye if you use it generously. Not really stinging, but can make vision blurry. ;-)

on 2/24/2015 4:58:00 AM

A great night cream - absorbs well, no irritation to my v. sensitive skin, no breakouts. My skin ranges from combo-dry to very dry and this has always worked well, even through a harsh Canadian winter.