Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 3/2/2015 3:37:00 AM

Pros - great for sensitive skin; gentle and moderately effective cleansing; along with other PC cleansers, one of the most reasonably priced PC products (you can get a shampoo bottle size for $25).

Cons - will not remove heavy makeup and most definitely will not remove waterproof mascara

I don't like cream cleansers, so I'm a bit biased. But if you do like cream cleansers, this is a good choice at a good price - especially if you have rosacea or sensitive skin.

on 2/24/2015 4:32:00 AM

This is a very gentle, unfragranced cleanser that has been great for my sensitive skin. It won't take off eye makeup (even non-waterproof) but it removes my foundation just fine. The quantity is generous and the packaging is well-designed (the top is flat so the bottle can easily be inverted when you get to the bottom).

on 2/23/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gentle, fragrance and irritant free cleanser for any skin type, especially sensitive. My skin leans more towards normal/oily but most cleansers, especially those that foam, strip my skin and lead to irritation, acne, and rebound oil. This cleanses without drying my skin and does not leave a residue.
Some reviews state that this cleanser does not do a thorough job at removing makeup. This is true, but I do not rely on this cleanser to do so. Instead, I use a cleansing oil first (DIY, FANCL, or Clinique TTDO Oil) and follow with this cleanser. I also use this cleanser in the morning on its own.
The only con for this product is the price, but the bottle has lasted for several months.
So, even if you are not "very dry/dry" this cleanser is worth trying for its gentle, effective cleansing ability.

on 12/27/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Don't let the price turn you away, it's so worth it! I have very sensitive skin, eczema issues, and acne. This cleanser didn't break me out or leave me with dry skin. My face feels soft after washing and not tight like it usually is with soaps. I made this my HG months ago and I don't regret it. It has a milky consistency, a little goes a long way. You only need about a quarter size amount for your whole face, which ends up justifying the price for me. My 8 oz bottle has lasted me 3 months, and that's using it both day and night.

on 11/5/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beware! This product has recently been re-formulated and now doesn't even resemble the previous cleanser. The old formula was wonderful - it was very gentle, non-irritating, and did a great job of removing my makeup - including my eye makeup, and rinsed easily.

The new formula is awful, and I will not be purchasing again. It does a lousy job of removing foundation, much less eye makeup, and it irritates my eyes. And I do not use any waterproof makeup, so makeup removal shouldn't be that difficult. It also leaves a residue on the skin. The worst part is that I saw it was "new and improved" before I ordered, but they did not yet have samples available for the new product, so I was stuck with trying an expensive bottle of the new formula (smallest bottle was $17). I don't want to pay shipping to send it back, because they don't have anything remotely like the old formula, so I'll use it, but will NOT repurchase.
ON TOP OF THAT: When I went to write a review on the Paula's Choice website, I got a message after I submitted my review that the review would be posted "if it was approved" and that "reviews can be edited without notice". I wonder if my review on their website will even show up.

Love how gentle this cleanser is, yet still very effective! Doesn't dry skin out and is really great for sensitive red skin. Great amount for the price - very happy! Thank you Paula's choice! I love this range, it is definitely helping my sensitive red skin! - I did a review on the products I have on my blog as well!

on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 AM

Holy moly! I love this stuff I had really bad acne and such oily skin but after a couple days using this stuff I noticed an amazing change in my skin! It cleared my skin and ridded it of oil without drying it out! Totally recommend it!

on 8/18/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the kit for Rosacea skin that leans dry even though I do not have Rosacea. I do have sensitive skin that is acne prone with a lot of surface redness. While this is a good cleanser for dry and/or sensitive skin I don't think it's anything special. It's a gentle non foaming cleanser, similar to CeraVe. A 12oz bottle of CeraVe runs about $10-12, whereas this is $16 for 8oz, so its a little bit more expensive, but Paulas Choice is still less expensive than department store brands. The cleanser itself is a bit runnier than CeraVe. So far this has done a good job of cleansing my skin without making it feel dry or causing irritation. This will be added to the short list of cleansers I can use. Not sure if I would repurchase, but it's a good option if you have dry or sensitive skin.

on 7/31/2014 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This and the toner in the skin recovery line both have a milky cream elegant like feeling on the skin. I don't know how much a face wash can really do to help in moisturizing dry skin as it washes right off but this will not hurt dry skin.

on 5/19/2014 11:39:00 AM

A fragrance free, dye free gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup and sunscreen without drying the skin. This seems actually soothing to my combination skin that is prone to redness.