November 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by bgrinpacnw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beware! This product has recently been re-formulated and now doesn't even resemble the previous cleanser. The old formula was wonderful - it was very gentle, non-irritating, and did a great job of removing my makeup - including my eye makeup, and rinsed easily.

The new formula is awful, and I will not be purchasing again. It does a lousy job of removing foundation, much less eye makeup, and it irritates my eyes. And I do not use any waterproof makeup, so makeup removal shouldn't be that difficult. It also leaves a residue on the skin. The worst part is that I saw it was "new and improved" before I ordered, but they did not yet have samples available for the new product, so I was stuck with trying an expensive bottle of the new formula (smallest bottle was $17). I don't want to pay shipping to send it back, because they don't have anything remotely like the old formula, so I'll use it, but will NOT repurchase.
ON TOP OF THAT: When I went to write a review on the Paula's Choice website, I got a message after I submitted my review that the review would be posted "if it was approved" and that "reviews can be edited without notice". I wonder if my review on their website will even show up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Love how gentle this cleanser is, yet still very effective! Doesn't dry skin out and is really great for sensitive red skin. Great amount for the price - very happy! Thank you Paula's choice! I love this range, it is definitely helping my sensitive red skin! - I did a review on the products I have on my blog as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

Holy moly! I love this stuff I had really bad acne and such oily skin but after a couple days using this stuff I noticed an amazing change in my skin! It cleared my skin and ridded it of oil without drying it out! Totally recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MES

I purchased the kit for Rosacea skin that leans dry even though I do not have Rosacea. I do have sensitive skin that is acne prone with a lot of surface redness. While this is a good cleanser for dry and/or sensitive skin I don't think it's anything special. It's a gentle non foaming cleanser, similar to CeraVe. A 12oz bottle of CeraVe runs about $10-12, whereas this is $16 for 8oz, so its a little bit more expensive, but Paulas Choice is still less expensive than department store brands. The cleanser itself is a bit runnier than CeraVe. So far this has done a good job of cleansing my skin without making it feel dry or causing irritation. This will be added to the short list of cleansers I can use. Not sure if I would repurchase, but it's a good option if you have dry or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This and the toner in the skin recovery line both have a milky cream elegant like feeling on the skin. I don't know how much a face wash can really do to help in moisturizing dry skin as it washes right off but this will not hurt dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fragrance free, dye free gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup and sunscreen without drying the skin. This seems actually soothing to my combination skin that is prone to redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very super sensitive skin that is prone to dryness, irritation and break outs.

I like this cleanser because:

- it hydrates my skin & does not dry up my skin
- feels clean and refresh
- calms my redness
- does not cause irritation or break outs
- no fragrance
- gentle

Other products I have tried and like are:

- Moisture Boost Cleanser OR Skin Recovery Cleanser
- Skin Recovery Toner OR Moisture Boost Toner
- Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Skin Balancing Anti-oxidant Serum
- Skin Balancing Gel Moisturizer
- RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
- The Earth Sourced Skincare Line.

You can order various sample kits and try them to find your skin care regime that works for you. I mix and match my products. Definitely recommend Paula Choice products!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this cleanser, having been a big fan of Paula. Before getting myself a biggest size bottle (wanted to save money), I had read really really a lot about cleansers because I have a very dry skin. I have got a problem with almost every cleanser available in the market. The only brand I could use was a local-made cleanser (which I guess was so very basic in terms of ingredients). When I decided to try this Skin recovery cleanser, I had a high hope. Turned out it dried me out and gave me little fine lines!

Sorry, this one is really not for me. I envy you those who are happily using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by leren32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't leave my face tight or traumatized. It removes most makeup except my Urban Decay eyeliner. I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My preferred method of makeup removal is with a cleansing lotion, I hate how oily most makeup removers are. This particular one is nice, but nothing really special. Maybe I'd like it better if I had dry skin, but as a makeup remover it works very well. But I *need* to follow it up with another cleanser, which makes me question how well it removes foundation (it's good for eye makeup). It doesn't break me out in itself, but if I don't follow it up with a deeper cleanser I will break out, so hmm. It also seems to leave a film until I use another cleanser. I'll definitely use it up (I'm almost done anyway) but once I do I'll be on the search for something better.