April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this cleanser, having been a big fan of Paula. Before getting myself a biggest size bottle (wanted to save money), I had read really really a lot about cleansers because I have a very dry skin. I have got a problem with almost every cleanser available in the market. The only brand I could use was a local-made cleanser (which I guess was so very basic in terms of ingredients). When I decided to try this Skin recovery cleanser, I had a high hope. Turned out it dried me out and gave me little fine lines!

Sorry, this one is really not for me. I envy you those who are happily using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by leren32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't leave my face tight or traumatized. It removes most makeup except my Urban Decay eyeliner. I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My preferred method of makeup removal is with a cleansing lotion, I hate how oily most makeup removers are. This particular one is nice, but nothing really special. Maybe I'd like it better if I had dry skin, but as a makeup remover it works very well. But I *need* to follow it up with another cleanser, which makes me question how well it removes foundation (it's good for eye makeup). It doesn't break me out in itself, but if I don't follow it up with a deeper cleanser I will break out, so hmm. It also seems to leave a film until I use another cleanser. I'll definitely use it up (I'm almost done anyway) but once I do I'll be on the search for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not this cleanser's intended audience. I have oily-to-combination skin that develops the occasional dry patch when the weather gets cold or if I've used something too harsh for my skin.

That being said, I like this product. There are no bells, whistles, fragrances, or wild claims. It's a gentle cleanser that removes my makeup thoroughly and does not irritate my skin. (**I do not use this to remove eye makeup as I find it can sting the eyes just a tad.**)

Over the years I've tried several different cleansers from various lines, ranging from drugstore to high end and this one out-performs them all. (But I will say that a close second is Purity by Philosophy, which I use to remove eye makeup. It does not sting or burn my eyes in the slightest, despite the inclusion of fragrant plant oils - go figure.)

When I was younger, it seemed I could use just about anything to wash my face without suffering any adverse effects. As I edge towards 40, my skin has become more sensitive and fussy, demanding a gentler approach. Paula's products are very carefully and thoughtfully formulated, so I never have to worry about dubious ingredients that could cause a reaction. I also appreciate her customer service reps and the company's generous return policy and, last but certainly not least, her stance on not participating in animal testing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by raverockababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a free product which the distributor gave to me when I first ordered PC's products online. It says a lot when they shipped a 237ml "sample" cleanser for you FOC. I started using when I ran out of my Dermalogica Ultra sensitive cleanser and decided to give this a try as a morning gentle cleanser. I realized that although it claims to be suitable for sensitive, dry and very dry skin, it actually works fine for my oily/combi skin but not when I have super sensitive skin on days when my skin is under stress. I had since added on Neutrogena Gentle cleanser as I read on MUV that it is very gentle and does not smart my skin, however I found that the Laneige Sensitive Liquid Gel Cleanser is the best for days when I had ultra-sensitive skin condition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a nice, non-irritating (for most people - there are always exceptions, of course) cleanser. It has a light lotion consistency. You do have to rinse really well or a film will be left on your face. For that reason, I use it in the shower to wash my face. The reason I wouldn't buy it again is 1) I just bought sample packets and ultimately determined that I prefer the RESIST one among PC's cleansers, and 2) there are cheaper options available for similar drugstore cleansers.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought Paula's Choice Skin Recovery for dry to very dry skin line. The cleanser, toner & moisturiser. For the first couple of weeks or so, everything was great. My skin felt soft & it removed my makeup so well!!

The texture was a bit slimy/slightly sticky but I put up with that as it seemed like the only negative point at the time.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I started to notice my skin was redder than normal. Then dry, flaky skin that got worse quickly. Then, peeling and irritation. IKES!

I stop using it and my skin recovered in less than a week. I found one use for it though

It cleans my makeup brushes well!!!!

Oh, and for the record? Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Toner and Moisturiser are the best!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

(I have a few sample sizes of this) I sort of want to give this like a 3.2. It's average in my opinion, but doesn't break me out or cause any issues. It is most definitely a morning cleanser, and a mediocre one at that. I wouldn't even try to take makeup off with this. That said, it does feel ok on the skin, but just not quite there for me. I use an OTC cheap creamy cleanser that feels more moisturizing AND more refreshing/cleansing to me. (Keep in mind things like Cerave break me out big time, so for this to not do that is really a plus). I think some people with severely sensitive or dry skin could find use with this, as long as they don't have any allergies or reactions with the ingredients, but for me I think I will pass on purchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a decent cleanser which removes my makeup without drying my skin and there is no annoying fragrance.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes which is a big plus as well.
The amount of product is fairly generous too.

I don't think I'd re-purchase this as I have to order it online and wait about a week before it arrives (the convenience factor) and I think there are cleansers that work as well for the same price or less at the drugstore.

Still, Paula's Choice has some great skin care products, especially if you're battling acne or clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I use a cleanser I love it when my face feel really clean and fresh, and this is not the case with this cleanser. It is a really creamy, milky product that is really gentle, without any offensive scent or dye, wich is great but I wish I would feel more ''clean'' after using this product. It's quite moisturizing for a cleanser and I love that. I would definitively recommend it for really sensitize skin as it's one of the only cleanser that doesn't leave my face red after using it. It's so soft that I almost feel like it did nothing at all, so I really don't know if I like it or not. It's a good product, I'm just not sure if this is for me. I've finished the bottle so I'll update if I'm missing this product after a while :-)