December 19, 2014 | 1555 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Bois d'Encens

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I totally love this fragrance. I had been looking fir a strong incense perfume, which is not easy to find and ended up buying Gypsy Water by Byredo, which has some incense notes, but is nit very persistent.

Finally I stumbled to the fragrance corner of a department store and it was love at first smell. This fragrance is perfect for winter, it has the right intensity and excellent lasting power. I also love the dark, square bottle. A must if you love incense.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Nettaburwise

Hi, I just got the Bois d'Encens yesterday. I bought it for my husband on e bay, got it sent to South Africa. I'm always on the search for wow! perfumes. He was never much into perfumes, "aagh! they all smell the same", but today its a whole different story(just a bit of background for those who are interressted) Boisd'Encens IS one of the WOW! fragrances. We summed it up as a dry forest with lots of wood and some incense burning somewhere with ginger flowers in full bloom. His first utter of words was, wow, it smells just like Pakistani hash! ( well, I wouldn't know) Is this true? The first half hour or so is the time for you to really appreciate every minute, because it does fade a lot, leaving only Cedar? and a bit of ginger. We love it, because there is not really anything else like it, just wish it could last longer. so stock up, so you can respray it more often. I will not get it for him again, because he still prefers Yohji Yamamoto, but I will definitely recommend it to someone who would try something new and different

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSa

Any scent with wood and incense in the name is a must-try for me. Bos d'encens gives you exactly that: wood and incense. I get a very sharp cedarwood at first, with hints of pinetree, I really like cedarwood but this is almost too much for me (pencil shavings and hamster cage come to mind). Then comes the incense, a very dry, light, high quality incense that is absolutely wonderful. I get some smoke and vetiver too, but the overall impression is dry, sharp cedarwood and incense. This would smell great on a man, but is very wearable for women too.
The reason why I only give it a 3 is the lack of sillage and staying power. It stays extremely close to the skin, I think I'll spray my clothes next time to get some smell out of it. And it's gone in an hour or so, which is why I don't think it's worth the $$$ - the pricing is ridiculous. If you like this but don't want to pay that much - I recommend Zagorsk by Comme de Garcons.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by mushaoai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one got lots of ginger from it?It's full of ginger juice from the beginning to the end.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bois d'Encens is a truly beautiful fragrance. Imagine being in a cedar-wood built temple in Asia surrounded by incense. The incense is not heavy or smothering at all, but rather light and ethereal. There's also something cooling about it so I'm thinking it could easily be worn in warm weather as well. Very long lasting on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by emmagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It pains me to give this a three. If this damn blasted thing would show up for more than four seconds; literally four, even if I had to spray it on clothing, where for some reason it still doesn't last v. long I would give this a million stars, a gazillion lippies. I would pay the big money, get the beautiful black hollowed out bottle, probably tote it around to show people; well no not really, but I'd probably try to spray it everywhere, and get kicked out of public places until asked if I was having an affair w/ the Cardinal. It is for fleeting seconds the most wicked and yet delicate incense I have ever smelled. Lemon fragments, snow, mass, molten rubber, exorcism, peals of the choir singing in twilight, crazy Russian's in their big candy cathedrals wearing their furs to church-- it's all been said. I'm not totally fixated on Russia or anything (like L. Turin) but what's totally funny is that I think long before I ever smelled Cuir de Russie (or had any experience w/ the chanels) I imagined that the Russie would smell like Bois d' Encens-- a laugh, as Russie is a rich luscious floral- w/ leather notes. Anyways, if a perfume had a persona I would don the Bois d'Encens in a fur and give her a shot of vodka.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone has pretty much said what I think. Burning leaves, yes. Woods, yes. Peppery, yes. Churchy, sure. It reminds me of burning pinion wood. And it definately reminds me of fall or winter. Never, ever summer. Lasts longer if I spray down my shirt than on wrists, as usual with any scent for me. I like cuir amethyste much better. But I found this at marshalls for $30 1.7 oz. Would not repurchase. It is unique especially for a woman to wear it. Being a double scorpio, i think I can pull it off. HAHA !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a dissappointment. I don't smell any woods *at all* - as a matter of fact, all I get is cold, sharp Frankincense. I have a bottle of straight Frankincense from the perfumer's apprentice, and if you throw a few drops in perfumer's alcohol it is about equal to this. Boo Armani!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, well, well. Of all the Armani Privé scents I've smelled to date (Pierre de Lune, Rose Alexandrie, Cuir Amethyste), Bois d'Encens definitely has the biggest personality. It opened with a whoosh of pink pepper and then evolved into a smoky woody fragrance which seemed light but showed a great deal of resolve to stay on my skin.

I would describe Bois d'Encens as a sophisticated scent which would be perfect in the fall, especially on a man wearing a charcoal gray turtleneck sweater. As far as comparisons go, this is similar to Ormonde Jayne's Isfarkand and Comme des Garcons' Ouarzazate, both of which I liked a teensy bit more than Bois d'Encens, but I feel a bit churlish pointing this out as Bois d'Encens is definitely a top notch perfume.

Here are the notes, courtesy of The Perfumed Court: incense, vetiver and cedar.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jamesie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An Oriental woody fragrance with notes of incense, vetiver and cedar.
Top notes on this one are very distinct and masculine: a peppery blast of pine trees, along with some cedar undertones. I didn’t find much incense on the opening. Vetiver comes in after a few minutes, lending what I call “fresh dirt,” that fresh, sharp richness that only comes from newly-turned soil. The gardeners among you know what I’m talking about. It doesn’t develop much from there—the simplicity of the ingredients lend a strong elegance all their own (and match the bottle perfectly). I’d recommend this for a man, but would be hesitant to wear myself. Reminds me quite a bit of CdG’s Zagorsk.