MAC Lipliner in Cherry

4.3

on 5/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Beautiful! I actually prefer to use redd lip liner for ruby woo but yes, this matches that lipstick perfectly. I just like the hint of orange in redd. This I wear by itself with a smidge of a light pink in the middle for a slight ombré. This makes your teeth look white. Love it.

on 11/15/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I was recommended this when I purchased Ruby Woo from MAC and it is a really beautiful colour which complements the lipstick perfectly. Its really opaque and easy to use and the pencils are so long you do get a lot of product for your money. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because I think the colour is very easily duped by drugstore brands (I have a NYX liner just like it) however I am glad I bought it and always get complements when I wear it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish this came in a self-sharpening pencil instead of what it is. That is my only gripe. This matches perfectly with my ruby-woo lipcolor. Keeps the color in check and lasts all day. The perfect red color. Love it.

on 1/28/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best red pencil I have ever tried. I had not thought to pick this up until the rep suggested it with my Viva Glam Rihanna. I love it. It's a blue-based red and very bright but its just really brings out the color in the lipstick. It goes with every red i have and I am so pleased.

What I love most about this pencil is the formula. Its the creamiest I have ever come across. I have tried Dior, Lancome, etc and this is by far the best one. You barely touch your lips and the pigment is so rich. I can't imagine having to go through this very fast because it's so pigmented. Like I said a light light touch and its there and yelling, "I am red!" Gives me so much dimension to my Viva Glam Rihanna and my other reds from Revlon, Dior, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, etc.

It stays on for 6 hours easily on me and I drank and even ate. To me that is well worth the $15.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's a little pricey for a lip pencil, but you get what you pay for because MAC have the best lip liners I've ever tried. They are really creamy, pigmented, easy to use, sharpens easy to a nice point, and even apply nicely over lip balm! Cherry lip pencil is a vibrant, blue based red color, very similar to the lipstick Ruby Woo. I wear it with MAC Red, Russian Red, Viva Glam 1, YSL #17 Red Muse, and Nars Dragon Girl. I've even used it on its own as a lipstick, as an alternative to the extremely dry Ruby Woo. They will last you a long time, and are worth every penny.

*Update* It goes really well with Viva Glam Rihanna too.

on 10/15/2013 10:22:00 AM

The best lip liner ever!! What more can I say??
Amazing texture, fnish, color. Applies like a dream , so creamy, long lasting and the blue undertones make your teeth whiter... Moreover, the color is not another boring red, but cherry. To my way of thinking, this lip pencil is the best of the lot and would definitely repurchase it :)

on 8/14/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just a really great lip pencil. Great as a base for red lipsticks of all shades and tints. Love to pair it with a high shine red gloss for super juicy, sexy lips or a matte lipstick for an old hollywood vibe.

It is very vibrant and has a lot of pigment. You can even use this as a lip color alone. It sharpens easy and is not streaky or overly drying (like some lip pencils). It last for years. I have had mine for so long I am embarrassed to even say how long I think it has been in my collection, but it seriously works like the day I bought it.

Wonderful little item to have in your arsenal. :)

on 8/6/2013 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Glides on smoothly, the only downside is that it smudges quite easily- You can wear this liner on its own blended in with a bit of lipgloss/lipbalm, or you can wear it underneath your lippie (which is what I usually do) I am very happy with this lip pencil.

on 7/7/2013 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favourite lipliner to use underneath red lipstick. It's creamy and glides on smoothly and has a great staying power.

It really intensifies the colour of the lipstick as well and makes it last longer.

on 7/2/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

UPDATE 2014-04-12:
The pencils I use nowadays are Illamasqua lip liner in Creative and Urban Decay lip liner in 69. They are all dupes of eachother (including Cherry, of course). The reason I use them instead of Cherry now is because of ethical reasons. Regardless this is a very very good pencil, still 5/5!

This review is for Cherry not as a lip liner but as a EYEBROW PENCIL!
I have had bright red/pink (cherry) hair for years. The colour I use on my hair is Cherry Bomb by Special Effects, and this liner matches that colour perfectly.

The longevity?
Let's say I put this on my eyebrows at 11 am, went to my central station to take a train to my neighbour country, walked around, then walked 3 miles to a concert where it was very hot and a lot of sweating for 3 hours, walked 3 miles in heavy rain and wind, took the train home, walked 1 mile in heavy rain, came home at 2 am and then looked myself in the mirror. No fading, no smudging. Good stuff.

You only need a one stroke to achieve a strong colour, "true to pan" or what to say about a liner :) This is not even close to dry but not too creamy so it won't smudge or anything like that.

I will continue to buy this as long as MAC continues to make it.
Love.