August 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Lipliner in Cherry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I wish this came in a self-sharpening pencil instead of what it is. That is my only gripe. This matches perfectly with my ruby-woo lipcolor. Keeps the color in check and lasts all day. The perfect red color. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the best red pencil I have ever tried. I had not thought to pick this up until the rep suggested it with my Viva Glam Rihanna. I love it. It's a blue-based red and very bright but its just really brings out the color in the lipstick. It goes with every red i have and I am so pleased.

What I love most about this pencil is the formula. Its the creamiest I have ever come across. I have tried Dior, Lancome, etc and this is by far the best one. You barely touch your lips and the pigment is so rich. I can't imagine having to go through this very fast because it's so pigmented. Like I said a light light touch and its there and yelling, "I am red!" Gives me so much dimension to my Viva Glam Rihanna and my other reds from Revlon, Dior, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, etc.

It stays on for 6 hours easily on me and I drank and even ate. To me that is well worth the $15.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a little pricey for a lip pencil, but you get what you pay for because MAC have the best lip liners I've ever tried. They are really creamy, pigmented, easy to use, sharpens easy to a nice point, and even apply nicely over lip balm! Cherry lip pencil is a vibrant, blue based red color, very similar to the lipstick Ruby Woo. I wear it with MAC Red, Russian Red, Viva Glam 1, YSL #17 Red Muse, and Nars Dragon Girl. I've even used it on its own as a lipstick, as an alternative to the extremely dry Ruby Woo. They will last you a long time, and are worth every penny.

*Update* It goes really well with Viva Glam Rihanna too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Jocaste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best lip liner ever!! What more can I say??
Amazing texture, fnish, color. Applies like a dream , so creamy, long lasting and the blue undertones make your teeth whiter... Moreover, the color is not another boring red, but cherry. To my way of thinking, this lip pencil is the best of the lot and would definitely repurchase it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Just a really great lip pencil. Great as a base for red lipsticks of all shades and tints. Love to pair it with a high shine red gloss for super juicy, sexy lips or a matte lipstick for an old hollywood vibe.

It is very vibrant and has a lot of pigment. You can even use this as a lip color alone. It sharpens easy and is not streaky or overly drying (like some lip pencils). It last for years. I have had mine for so long I am embarrassed to even say how long I think it has been in my collection, but it seriously works like the day I bought it.

Wonderful little item to have in your arsenal. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by honeysighs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Glides on smoothly, the only downside is that it smudges quite easily- You can wear this liner on its own blended in with a bit of lipgloss/lipbalm, or you can wear it underneath your lippie (which is what I usually do) I am very happy with this lip pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lipliner to use underneath red lipstick. It's creamy and glides on smoothly and has a great staying power.

It really intensifies the colour of the lipstick as well and makes it last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 2014-04-12:
The pencils I use nowadays are Illamasqua lip liner in Creative and Urban Decay lip liner in 69. They are all dupes of eachother (including Cherry, of course). The reason I use them instead of Cherry now is because of ethical reasons. Regardless this is a very very good pencil, still 5/5!

This review is for Cherry not as a lip liner but as a EYEBROW PENCIL!
I have had bright red/pink (cherry) hair for years. The colour I use on my hair is Cherry Bomb by Special Effects, and this liner matches that colour perfectly.

The longevity?
Let's say I put this on my eyebrows at 11 am, went to my central station to take a train to my neighbour country, walked around, then walked 3 miles to a concert where it was very hot and a lot of sweating for 3 hours, walked 3 miles in heavy rain and wind, took the train home, walked 1 mile in heavy rain, came home at 2 am and then looked myself in the mirror. No fading, no smudging. Good stuff.

You only need a one stroke to achieve a strong colour, "true to pan" or what to say about a liner :) This is not even close to dry but not too creamy so it won't smudge or anything like that.

I will continue to buy this as long as MAC continues to make it.
Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Marrleniii

It glides so smoothly on the lips but when you put the cap back on it gets so dry . Next time I want to use it not comes out unless i put pressure to it, so I have to sharpen it every time I need it , the color it beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I pair this with Ruby Woo, perfect red-blue toned lip! That's all I have to say! Stays on for such a long time. :) Will keep repurchasing!