October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Fragrances - Bulgari - Au The Vert (Green Tea)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Aimbl

Overly sweet, feminine scent detracts from what would be otherwise bracing and fresh. I have a new bottle, purchased in 2014. I wish that I could get a hint of the wonderful fragrance described by others below. My skin chemistry does cause certain citrus to become candied on application, but that isn't the type of sweetness here.

If it's green tea, it's with the sugar level of iced tea, called "sweet tea" in the Southern United States. I would have preferred some underlying hint of tannins or tea note, such as in the discontinued l'artesan Tea for Two, which granted, is an altogether different type of tea fragrance.

I cannot see how this could be considered as suitable for men, and I am the type of woman who tries to convince her husband to wear FM POAL or Gres Cabaret, or Mitsouko, and a variety of Lutens fragrances, and who could imagine a man wearing FM une rose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a green tea perfume is a smoother and more elegant/expensive version of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. Doesn't give me an instant headache like the Arden one! I like it, but on a man, not myself. I was hoping for something sweet and fresh, but this has a warm and musky base that makes me think of mens aftershave. Slightly expensive, and clean, for an active, fit man who is up with the times.

Top - Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Cardamom, Jamaican Pepper, Coriander
Middle - Bulgarian Rose, Spanish Jasmine
Base - Green Tea, Oakmoss, Tonka Bean, Bee's Wax

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very Expensive but beautifully packaged green tea scent with moderate sillage. Settles (on me) into an almost amber-like base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sillage

In the movie "City of Angels" (1998), Nicolas Cage pokes around Meg Ryan's bathroom, and he accidentally sprays her Eau Parfumee directly into his face & eyes -- and starts screaming. They only show the top part of the bottle, but it's obviously Eau Parfumee.

Eau Parfumee launched in 1997, and I read many years ago in a magazine that Meg Ryan actually wore this perfume in real life back then -- and so did Sharon Stone -- and Mary Tyler Moore also. Elegant & beautiful ladies, all.

The scent is citrus, florals, and green tea, and I've owned it in the past. It also contains some herbal & mossy notes in the drydown. Personally, I prefer Elizabeth Arden Green Tea -- because I feel it stays lighter, fresher, and cleaner throughout and also holds better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great green tea, fresh scent - loved it forever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

notes: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Cardamom, Jamaican Pepper,
Coriander
Middle
notes: Bulgarian Rose, Spanish Jasmine
Base
notes: Green Tea, Oakmoss, Tonka Bean, Bee's Wax

I've always been a big fan of Bvlgari's creations due to their clean,fresh and luxurious nature...smitten by Bvlgari pour Femme, entchanted by Rose Essentialle, consumed by Mon jasmin noir , surprised by the spicyness of au the Rouge, comfortable with Au the blanc, but most of the time delighted by the wonderful, clean and not at all ''another-gree tea'' scent called Au the vert....
I think this is the world's most safe perfume that suits all occasions, all ages, all people in the world...the thing is, all other brands tried very hard (Dior escales, YSL Saharienne, even beautiful Hermes Jardins collection,....) to get that fresh,light but spicy feeling of summer breezyness, without makin it banal (Arden green tea, no ma'am!),boring, lemony or simply too watery, trying to evoke that season....
this is far beyond and above banal....it has a atmosferic feel, it screams expensive and feminine, but it also has the most amazing combination of notes qouted above...
i adore it and when I need a freshness boost without feeling bored after some time, or wrapped up in artificial lemons and whatnots....

highest grades,good sillage and no man should be without one if he cherishes the magic of simplistic and yet superb scent creations...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is quite a departure from my normal Guerlain! But, I like this fresh, crispy scent. With notes of bergamot, bitter orange, orange blossom, Ceylon cardamom, pepper, coriander, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, green tea, and smoked wood, it has a list that looks like something I'd like. My love of bergamot prompted me to try this out, and I really love it. I think it's going to be delightful in the sweltering hell that is a Southern American summer.

I'll edit this review in regards to wear-time when I have more chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Amoridei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the crisp, spicy green tea smell! It's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As a green tea lover, I wanted to like this fragrance. Unfortunately, when I finally received my Bvlgari au The Vert, it wasn't what I was looking for. It is a very clean, crisp scent at first that develops warmth and a herbal spiciness later on, at least on my skin. It is not an unpleasant scent, just not what I was looking for. I will still use this on days when I feel the need to wake up with a herbal crispness, but my search for a cool, crisp (possibly aquatic) green tea scent continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday scent, I love it and wouldnt change it for the world. What I like is that there is a green tea scent but it is mixed with other notes which soften it.