January 26, 2015 | 2117 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Buff Beige which is a perfect match for me. What I like about it is that it blends well, gives good coverage for ruddy areas for me, and the consistency is soft. What I don't like is that the longevity is pretty average. I guess I had high hopes for it. The mirror is in a separate compact on the bottom of the product and it also contains a circular sponge for application. I consider this best for touch-ups so I usually keep this handy in my purse. Since it has been cold where I live, I haven't had too many problems with oiliness, so I can't say how well it performs for oil control. I will have to update in the summer. So far this does not dry out my skin. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 6:17:00 AM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have fair skin with yellow undertones, and W1 (Porcelain) is my perfect match. It suits me better than the oddly-peachy Golden Fair of BareMinerals Matte- for a mere $7.99 at the Harmon Face Values near me.

I apply it with buffing motions with my EcoTools flat top brush, and the medium coverage evens out my redness perfectly. And the matte-but-not-flat, slightly satin finish? To die for! Best of all: no visible caking, even in the harshest of sunlight.

The downsides: does this have SPF? I apply one separately, but it wouldn't hurt to have more sun protection. I need new freckles like I need another hole in my head. Also, I don't care for flipping back between the mirror and powder. But the compact does travel well.

Also: a lot of people are talking about this turning orange. But I think they might be using the True Match COMPACT. I saw that in the same display and the lightest shade, next to my shade in the powder, seriously looked at LEAST three shades darker. So, buyer beware!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Its definetely patchy hard to blend and drying

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ILoveEyeshadows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel so sad as I write this! L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder has amazingly beautiful finish on my dry skin. The powder itself is super soft, and the finish is so smooth and natural with an airbrushed effect.

It doesn't sink into my lines or pores, nor does it cake up. The powder doesn't clog my pores either, and definitely doesn't cause breakouts. It blends in so seamlessly with my skin, and I just love the end result! I use it to seal my foundation (BareMinerals BareSkin foundation), which is worn over an excellent primer (Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer).

So, what's the problem?

The problem is that it isn't long-lasting, at all. After an hour, at most, my skin would look as though no powder had been applied to it at all; it has completely faded away.

Sad. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly oily skin with large pores. In my experience, no powder, foundation, mattifier, primer, spray, etc. has ever kept my oil at bay all day. With that said, I have realistic expectations when approaching foundations.

I never expected this powder to be a holy grail foundation for me because controlling oil is not something it claims to do, which it does not. Some days, I don't feel like I need long-lasting coverage, so I'll put on some concealer and buff this power foundation in. In a matter of a couple hours, my skin will eat this foundation right up. But, I still don't mind it for short days and for touch-ups.

Pros:
-Blendable
-Shade range is great
-Good coverage, light-medium
-Buildable
-Good for touch-ups
-Light packaging

Cons:
-Doesn't stand a chance alone on my oily skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't care for this powder. Although not entirely the fault of the powder, I have found that I don't enjoy tinted powders, unless they're specifically foundations in powder form. For touch up to a face that already has foundation on it, I prefer a sheer, colorless/almost colorless powder. This powder is way too pigmented to be putting on top of foundation, IMO. And it's not the best at controlling shine, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Pros: Blending ability,shade matching,lightweight,nice consistency.

The Cons: Settles into pores after 6 hours, tendency to settle into lines too,cakes in humid weather,packaging is annoying with the puff being 'downstairs' from the product (underneath in a separate compartment).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by gnkaede

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good:

-fantastic coverage for a drugstore powder foundation. good enough to be an under eye concealer on no makeup makeup days, and i have dark purple bruises
-buildable
-looks so gorgeously natural and not cakey/creasy under my eyes, around my mouth all the normal "crease areas"
-controls oily shine for a few hours
-VERY creamy texture
-good ish packaging

bad:

-THIS HAS GLITTER. IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR YOU WILL EDWARD CULLEN UP. It's not super noticeable but it's annoying. Who uses powder foundation? Oily people. Who wants glitter in their fiundation? No one! But particularly not oily people, we have our own shine, thank you very much
-they don't care any lower than w7 in drugstores, so if you are below nc40 ish you will have to buy it not in cvs
-pricy for drugstore and ran out pretty fast
-lasting power is eh
-sponge is obviously useless
-drying

color reference:

i have w4. warm enough, and around an nc25-30 i would say. im around nc35-45 but I used it as an under eye highlight on natural makeup days

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this powder in both W1 and W2. Initially, I bought the W2 because it seemed to be a perfect match for my skin tone, but I realized that it was making me look like I had a tan after a few hours. My face was noticeably darker than my neck, which was not a good look. I decided to try the W1, and it's much better. Sometimes, I mix the two shades if I want more color on my face, but I never use the W2 alone anymore. Either these powders are actually darker than they appear in the compact, or they oxidize like crazy. Aside from this issue, the quality of the powder is surprisingly very high for a drugstore brand. I was afraid that it would be chalky, but it has a smooth, satin-like finish. I often wear it alone over primer when I'm in a rush, and it gives me enough coverage that I can use it as a foundation powder. It's also oil-free, fragrance-free, and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think that the only use for this powder, and the reason I've given it 5lippies etc. is one: To blot tzone throughout the day and touch-up on blackheads, etc., maybe a little bit under the eyes..but that's it. It's not a full coverage powder like studio fix, and it's not a foundation powder. for its price it does the job --throw it in my purse and use of touch-ups :)

btw, it does cover up some minor sun spots on my face, it evens out my skintone including some cheek redness --but i don't have major skin prbs.