August 30, 2014 | 1228 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kwinther8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product made me break out REALLY bad on the first use. I have very acne-prone skin, but I can easily keep it under control if I'm careful. This was a very bad decision! It's going in the trash!!! I tried it multiple times because I didn't want to believe this was causing my breakout since it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my really really warm-toned skin.... But I got a new pimple every time. Not worth the money, not worth the breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like it... But.... I have oily skin and not do I have to reapply in the middle if the day even after using UD all nighter setting spray, it really gets cakey and makes any dry patches way drier. The coverage is good and natural at first, and so many shades. I don't hate it, but wouldn't buy again or recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it. I really want to love it. But I'm sorry to say that it breaks me out :(
Let me just say, this powder is AMAZING. The staying power is incredible and it makes my acne-prone, oily face look beautifully matte and covered!!!
I tested it out for a month or so... and I kept denying to myself that it WASN'T what was causing little tiny comedogenic spots, it couldn't be, this make-up was just too good that I didn't want to believe it.
*Sighs* It really hurts me to say this but this product irritates my skin. It clogs my pores and at the minimum, causes small comedogenic spots. I think it's caused me to break out in a pretty big pustule as well. I really do love this product and if it didn't break me out, I wouldn't buy any other powder other than this.

The colour matches my tan, medium skin very well and it doesn't look cakey. It looks considerably natural in all forms of lighting. It covers my acne scars pretty well especially when combined with its concealer counter-part. The packaging is pretty nice and it has a compact mirror + sponge on the bottom, though I don't use it. It doesn't set into my fine lines (one of the things I absolutely love about this powder) and it doesn't accentuate my dry spots. It's just a very good powder... I only use it for my under-eye area now since it really keeps it matte for the whole day. Anyway, give this powder a try!!! I guess I'm just one of the really unlucky ones that have super acne-prone/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Love that color selection is divided into cool, neutral, and warm tones. Light, almost silky texture. I'm N15-20 (leaning to warm from neutral) and use the N4 for a very subtle contour/shadow. When I'm more tan N20-25, I like to use the N5 for my contour/shadow. (When I'm between, I use a combo of the two for that.)

CONS: I don't have any, myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder! I really like how smoooooth it is when applying (I agree that its "super blendable") and I really loooooooooove the color range because im very pale (NC5ish) and w1 is a perfect match!

The liquid foundation for this powder is HG for me and this does look really great dusted on top to set the foundation

BUT

This powder is so-so when used by itself. It doesnt really offer much coverage (just light) and it never fails to accentuate some sort of little dry patch on my skin! I used to use this a long ass time ago when I first started makeup and I had no problems with it back then for I guess now that im in my mid 20s I just need more hydration.

So I do love it but I hate it haha.

PROS
-perfect color match
-very smooooth
-no fragrance
-doesnt cake face
-great foundation setting powder

CONS
-coverage is too light to use by itself (IMO)
-sometimes accentuates dry patches (so extra hydration is a must)

Conclusion
This is best to use as a setting powder with the matching foundation (because of its light coverage) and otherwise best with more normal to oily skin gals. If you have dry to very dry skin you will want to moisturize very good before using this if you want to use it by itself as foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Good drugstore powder. I really like it.
This powder promises to be super blendable- which I don't really understand the purpose of- but it does apply well. It's not super pressed, so it's pretty easy to pick up however much you need. It does become crumbly when you swirl a brush in the powder, but that's not a big problem. The coverage is very sheer, and it feels and looks very natural on my face. It mattifies well, not to an extent that my face looks flat, which is great. This powder doesn't need to be reapplied too often during the day, even in the hot days. Unfortunately, it is close to $10 in price and I used mine up very quickly, and the packaging is shitty- I literally popped the clear cover out of the lid once. However, I will definitely repurchase this product because it does do a great job of being a powder. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This powder is pretty good, it provides a matt coverage and lasts for 6-8 hours. However the packaging looks cheap, and the sponge provided is terrible. On the positive side their is a wide range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice powder. It doesn't cake with multiple applications and it takes away shine well. It evens skin tone somewhat and provides light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by peggybeauty

I can not rave enough about this one !
it is the most perfect powder that i've used from the drugstore . it is very blendable and also it makes my skin feel so smouth . i have some acne and also scars and it kind of blurs them. it is also very buildable and it does cake up easy .
the only think that i don't really like is that i have to touch it up after 4-5 hours ( because i have very oily skin ) but i don't really mind !!!
the packaging is great and it has quit a lot of product for the price that you pay .
all in all i would most definitely repurchase this powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by emstx

I love this powder. It is my go-to powder and I constantly hit pan on it from using it frequently. I have repurchased it a few times now.

I really don't like the packaging, mainly because I don't like the sponge (I throw it away - it just puts oil back onto my face and into the powder; it's not a good thing) and where the mirror is placed, since it's difficult to look at what you're applying, if the mirror is underneath of the powder.

The product itself is great for setting all of my liquid foundation, as it is light and does have a little bit of coverage. I tend to like medium-full coverage on my face and this helps to set everything, without it being too cakey. I also have used this powder in the Wayne Goss foundation technique of putting powder on after primer and then putting on liquid foundation, and it turns out very good as well.