L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

3.5

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

on 8/29/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in the Philippines and the weather gets really humid at times. I love this powder for blotting and minimal touch-ups because, true to it's name, it really is super blendable! I like it a lot. The powder itself is finely milled and does not feel dry on the skin, if that makes sense. This powder didn't break me out either, and I'm pretty prone to acne.
Wear time is somewhere between, 3-4 hours on my combination skin.
It has a light to medium coverage but I don't build it up because it has some kind of a white cast on my skin. Weird.
The packaging is weird--though like many good compacts, it has a separate compartment for the sponge, the mirror is at the bottom half. For its price it feels cheap and having the mirror at the bottom of the compact was a bad decision for L'oreal in my opinion because I have to turn the compact over just to make sure my sponge doesn't fall out.
The sponge itself is thin and feels a bit flimsy but it's pretty sturdy because it didn't rip after so many washes.

Overall this is a great product but the packaging is so-so. :)

on 8/17/2015 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Great and light coverage for the summer.
Must touch up after sweating but that is to be expected.
Since I've just started using it, it's summer so I can't speak to
the winter cold days but it's a good formula for the warm months on my
normal / Oily T-zone face.

I would not recommend this for someone seeking heavier coverage.

on 8/10/2015 4:41:00 PM

I've been using this product for a long time. I'd say about a year and I'm literally tired of it. It has no coverage and doesn't last for long at all. When you first put it on over your foundation, it looks flawless. But it doesn't look like that for long. You cannot wear it by itself because after an hour it'll look like you are wearing no make up at all.

on 7/13/2015 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using for about 2 years now and I still love it only thing is it gets oily after a couple hours but if you buy the true match powder as well it should keep it from getting oily

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was going on vacation to a weekend long music festival (which would last from the early afternoon to about 1-2 AM), and I needed to get a powder compact to help keep my face looking matte and to soak up my oil slick of a t-zone. I picked this up from the drug store last minute (very pleased that this was the first time I was able to accurately match my skin tone on my own- soft ivory n1).

I used it throughout the vacation and a little bit beyond. I really love the packaging with the mirror and little sponge underneath, and it's easy to open and overall cute and simple.

So why the bad rating?

It made my face ITCHY! I had a patch of red itchy skin and it was just uncomfortable. I had been using other new products on my face so I thought maybe my skin was adjusting to the new routine- but I noticed my skin wouldn't start bothering me until after I put this on. I looked at the ingredients out of curiosity- parabens and potentially other nasty things. Now, usually I don't pay much attention to ingredient lists because my skin isn't particularly sensitive but I do know parabens are NOT something you want to be putting on your face. None of my other face products contain them. I cannot say for sure if this is what caused the irritation but I do have a strong feeling leaning in this direction. I know that there are other drug store brands that do not put such ingredients in their cosmetics. I am so disappointed because I really liked this product and I liked how it made my skin look (minus the irritation of course).

So if these ingredients are a concern to you, I would not recommend. It also contains talc that I know some people may have a reaction to so you might want to beware of that.

I don't usually wear powder, but I got this product because my foundation made my face super shiny and sticky. So I got this powder in neutral C2. So far it has completely eliminated the shine and oilyness. It gave me a nice somewhat matte powdery finish. I do feel it takes away from my glow, but that's probably just because it is a powder so it's not going to give a dewy finish. The consistency is satiny and smooth. I haven't noticed any shimmer, if it has shimmer it's not noticeable on the face. The coverage is terrible, and looks bad when used by itself, but it does a good job of setting foundation. But I can't really see any powder giving good coverage. It helps my mascara from smearing under my eyes. I really like the packaging. It comes with a decent sized mirror, that's separated on the underside of the powder, with an average sponge. I haven't noticed any dry patches, or it creasing. I have only been using it a day or so, so I will edit my review when I see how it holds up through out the day. The price for this is ridiculous. A powder shouldn't cost more than mascara!
Edit: It has been only six hours and my face is looking shiny and oily in certain spots. It's wearing off. I want makeup that I don't have to re-apply.

on 7/5/2015 5:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder. It is totally matte with no fallout. It gives nice finishing touches after you apply your foundation and concealer without being cakey at all. The shade that I have is C4 Shell Beige but I also have had it as light as C2 which also works well for my fair skin. I recently purchased the shade C8 Cocoa for a matte bronzer and I have to say that I am very happy with it. I apply it lightly to my face with a fluffy brush and it gives me a nice bronzy glow with no shimmer. So not only are these powders good to use as powders, but for all you fair skin gals like me, you can use the darker shades as bronzers/contouring powders. I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/5/2015 2:02:00 PM

I love using the cool shade in Cocoa for contouring. It's blends easily and I find that the cool shades are the perfect contour shades in general. I initially heard about using this shade for contouring on YouTube and when I bought it I was hooked and I haven't used anything else to contour with. It lasts forever because you don't need as much to contour. I filmed a tutorial on how I use this product on YouTube, come check it out :)

on 5/26/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used this powder for awhile because I thought it was the best powder out there at the time, but once I saw the slight shimmers I didn't like it anymore. It's probably undetectable on someone with darker skin. I have super pale skin and in natural light/the sun it was noticeable. When I got oily, it made me look weird and I believe because of the mica. It really sucks because I did like the natural finish and the color match. I've bought the new Maybelline Fit Me powder and the color is fine for me actually, but I'm still hunting for something that can control my oily T-zone better! I'd still give it a shot if you're in the market, but overall it just didn't work out for me. I wish companies would stop using mica in powders!

Bought this in Cocoa for bronzing contouring purposes and is excellent! Very blendable and no shimmer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials