September 16, 2014 | 1775 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kohana

Love this powder! I'm super pale, so finding a foundation light enough is hard. Plus, I'm cool toned, so finding a light enough, cool enough foundation is almost impossible in the drugstore brands. I love that they divide the shades into warm/neutral/cool. It was easy to find my perfect shade, and the powder is enough to give me a soft, smooth look. It is a bit heavier coverage than I prefer, so I just really lightly tap it over my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at CVS for 50% off on a whim in W9.5. I'm about an NC35 and love this for bronzing and contouring! It's absolutely matte and isn't orangey or reddish. It's also pretty easy to blend. If you're looking for a bronzer, try this out in W9.5.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by linzloo22

I really have mixed feelings about this powder. I used to wear it alone with a dab of under eye concealer when I had gorgeous skin in my early and mid twenties. Honestly, I could use a light dusting of any cheap powder in those days and still look darn good! Sadly, those good skin days ended a while ago and I was forced to seek out a real makeup routine to cover up some mild adult acne and redness issues. Oh the joys of growing up!

Well, last year I picked this up at the drugstore again when I was looking to save money on some makeup basics. At $11, I was expecting some great results for a drugstore powder. Even though I found a great color match from their wide selection, I absolutely hated the way it made me look. It just made my foundation look and feel like a mask and did nothing to control oil. I really prefer a sheer setting/ blotting powder on my t zone, so if you like the doll-like foundation mask look, you may like this to set foundation! Since I'm a horrible makeup hoarder, I just threw it in my makeup graveyard basket and forgot about it for a while.

Cut to this summer when I moved back to the hot humid south. I grabbed for this to set some greasy high SPF sunscreen I had put on to do yard work ( I didn't want to waste my HE powder on cutting the grass, lol) And miracle of miracles, I actually looked good! This powder is really pigmented! Not enough to be considered a foundation but it definitely gives a generously sheer coverage and blurred out some blemishes. While it didn't control oil, it did play nicely with it and didn't separate or get patchy the way bare minerals does on me. Ever since, I have been using this on super hot days over my SS. It's a lot easier to blot and reapply this powder than it is to try and salvage a BB cream or foundation that is melting off your face!

I gave 3 lippies because this is not a bad product and the color selection is fantastic, but it's just not very versatile for me and I have many other powders in my arsenal with better overall results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I mean, the packaging is nothing special. I use the mirror and keep a MAC powder puff inside which works brilliantly with the product. Application is smooth; applies amazing coverage, mattifies the skin, and keeps makeup on without creasing or settling into dry patches. The price is kinda ridic, seeing as it's a drugstore product, and I paid almost $15 for it. It lasts quite long before hitting pan, so maybe that's worth a couple extra dollars. I have noticed that applying too much of this around my mouth gives me smile lines, but that is a rare occurrence. I've never noticed if this was the cause for my breakouts, but I've been using it for the past couple of months in addition to some other drugstore products, and I still have yet to find a product that gives me all the benefits I get from this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kwinther8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product made me break out REALLY bad on the first use. I have very acne-prone skin, but I can easily keep it under control if I'm careful. This was a very bad decision! It's going in the trash!!! I tried it multiple times because I didn't want to believe this was causing my breakout since it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my really really warm-toned skin.... But I got a new pimple every time. Not worth the money, not worth the breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like it... But.... I have oily skin and not do I have to reapply in the middle if the day even after using UD all nighter setting spray, it really gets cakey and makes any dry patches way drier. The coverage is good and natural at first, and so many shades. I don't hate it, but wouldn't buy again or recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it. I really want to love it. But I'm sorry to say that it breaks me out :(
Let me just say, this powder is AMAZING. The staying power is incredible and it makes my acne-prone, oily face look beautifully matte and covered!!!
I tested it out for a month or so... and I kept denying to myself that it WASN'T what was causing little tiny comedogenic spots, it couldn't be, this make-up was just too good that I didn't want to believe it.
*Sighs* It really hurts me to say this but this product irritates my skin. It clogs my pores and at the minimum, causes small comedogenic spots. I think it's caused me to break out in a pretty big pustule as well. I really do love this product and if it didn't break me out, I wouldn't buy any other powder other than this.

The colour matches my tan, medium skin very well and it doesn't look cakey. It looks considerably natural in all forms of lighting. It covers my acne scars pretty well especially when combined with its concealer counter-part. The packaging is pretty nice and it has a compact mirror + sponge on the bottom, though I don't use it. It doesn't set into my fine lines (one of the things I absolutely love about this powder) and it doesn't accentuate my dry spots. It's just a very good powder... I only use it for my under-eye area now since it really keeps it matte for the whole day. Anyway, give this powder a try!!! I guess I'm just one of the really unlucky ones that have super acne-prone/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Love that color selection is divided into cool, neutral, and warm tones. Light, almost silky texture. I'm N15-20 (leaning to warm from neutral) and use the N4 for a very subtle contour/shadow. When I'm more tan N20-25, I like to use the N5 for my contour/shadow. (When I'm between, I use a combo of the two for that.)

CONS: I don't have any, myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder! I really like how smoooooth it is when applying (I agree that its "super blendable") and I really loooooooooove the color range because im very pale (NC5ish) and w1 is a perfect match!

The liquid foundation for this powder is HG for me and this does look really great dusted on top to set the foundation

BUT

This powder is so-so when used by itself. It doesnt really offer much coverage (just light) and it never fails to accentuate some sort of little dry patch on my skin! I used to use this a long ass time ago when I first started makeup and I had no problems with it back then for I guess now that im in my mid 20s I just need more hydration.

So I do love it but I hate it haha.

PROS
-perfect color match
-very smooooth
-no fragrance
-doesnt cake face
-great foundation setting powder

CONS
-coverage is too light to use by itself (IMO)
-sometimes accentuates dry patches (so extra hydration is a must)

Conclusion
This is best to use as a setting powder with the matching foundation (because of its light coverage) and otherwise best with more normal to oily skin gals. If you have dry to very dry skin you will want to moisturize very good before using this if you want to use it by itself as foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Good drugstore powder. I really like it.
This powder promises to be super blendable- which I don't really understand the purpose of- but it does apply well. It's not super pressed, so it's pretty easy to pick up however much you need. It does become crumbly when you swirl a brush in the powder, but that's not a big problem. The coverage is very sheer, and it feels and looks very natural on my face. It mattifies well, not to an extent that my face looks flat, which is great. This powder doesn't need to be reapplied too often during the day, even in the hot days. Unfortunately, it is close to $10 in price and I used mine up very quickly, and the packaging is shitty- I literally popped the clear cover out of the lid once. However, I will definitely repurchase this product because it does do a great job of being a powder. :)