L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

on 10/7/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good powder for everyday use, if you like a pigmented powder that adds a bit of coverage. I've bought this in Sweden, where it's packaged in the square container.

+ Keeps my skin matte all day
+ Very good coverage
+ Lasts a decent amount of time

- You'll have to match this really closely to your foundation, as it's so pigmented that it will change the color of your foundation if it's too light or too dark.
- Doesn't fixate my foundation very well (or maybe it's just the powder that comes off onto clothes etc, I'm not actually sure)

on 9/28/2015 8:35:00 PM

I got my powder in W6-sun beige and it is too pigmented that it makes me look darker and more orange. Admittedly, the wrong shade for me! it comes with a sponge applicator which is tucked at the back inside the compartment that contains the mirror. It has a light coverage and it looks cakey on top of my liquid foundation. The price is affordable but I will not purchase this again. I will stick with my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, which is a lot better and cheaper than this.

on 9/25/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm very confused about this powder it seems to be in a different packaging with a different ingredient list every time I see it, I can only assume this is country variations?

I purchased this in the UK and it's in a square container with the following ingredients:

Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Sythenthic Fluorphlogopite, Zea Mays Starch / Corn Starch, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Serica Powder / Silk Powder

and now to the powder... I don't find it really does anything, if applied lightly it's barely visable no improvement of skin texture and if applied more it can suddenly fall into pores / go cakey, it also didn't do much for the wear / look of my foundation so for me it's pretty useless. Much better and cheaper powders out there (e.g. Boots Natural Collection Loose Powder).
PROS: No smell
CONS: Doesn't do much

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I've been using this powder for a while now and I must say, it's one of my favorite drugstore powder foundations. The color range is large, so finding your shade will be pretty easy. The coverage is a good medium-full(not quite a full coverage if you're looking to cover up breakouts or scarring), but if paired with a full-coverage liquid foundation/BB cream/CC cream/etc. then it makes your skin look flawless! I haven't had any problems of this caking up on my skin so I love using this as a touch-up powder too.

If you have few to no breakouts on your skin, then try this powder! The only thing you'll need is concealer for any dark circles and/or blemishes. And if you do have breakouts and/scarring then this powder on it's own might not give you full coverage, but like I said above, it's a good powder to set liquid makeup with and a great touch-up powder without the cakey feeling.

Packaging is also pretty good and sturdy. I will admit to dropping this a few on hardwood floor and the makeup was still intact, but still try to avoid doing that.

on 8/29/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in the Philippines and the weather gets really humid at times. I love this powder for blotting and minimal touch-ups because, true to it's name, it really is super blendable! I like it a lot. The powder itself is finely milled and does not feel dry on the skin, if that makes sense. This powder didn't break me out either, and I'm pretty prone to acne.
Wear time is somewhere between, 3-4 hours on my combination skin.
It has a light to medium coverage but I don't build it up because it has some kind of a white cast on my skin. Weird.
The packaging is weird--though like many good compacts, it has a separate compartment for the sponge, the mirror is at the bottom half. For its price it feels cheap and having the mirror at the bottom of the compact was a bad decision for L'oreal in my opinion because I have to turn the compact over just to make sure my sponge doesn't fall out.
The sponge itself is thin and feels a bit flimsy but it's pretty sturdy because it didn't rip after so many washes.

Overall this is a great product but the packaging is so-so. :)

on 8/17/2015 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Great and light coverage for the summer.
Must touch up after sweating but that is to be expected.
Since I've just started using it, it's summer so I can't speak to
the winter cold days but it's a good formula for the warm months on my
normal / Oily T-zone face.

I would not recommend this for someone seeking heavier coverage.

on 8/10/2015 4:41:00 PM

I've been using this product for a long time. I'd say about a year and I'm literally tired of it. It has no coverage and doesn't last for long at all. When you first put it on over your foundation, it looks flawless. But it doesn't look like that for long. You cannot wear it by itself because after an hour it'll look like you are wearing no make up at all.

on 7/13/2015 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using for about 2 years now and I still love it only thing is it gets oily after a couple hours but if you buy the true match powder as well it should keep it from getting oily

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was going on vacation to a weekend long music festival (which would last from the early afternoon to about 1-2 AM), and I needed to get a powder compact to help keep my face looking matte and to soak up my oil slick of a t-zone. I picked this up from the drug store last minute (very pleased that this was the first time I was able to accurately match my skin tone on my own- soft ivory n1).

I used it throughout the vacation and a little bit beyond. I really love the packaging with the mirror and little sponge underneath, and it's easy to open and overall cute and simple.

So why the bad rating?

It made my face ITCHY! I had a patch of red itchy skin and it was just uncomfortable. I had been using other new products on my face so I thought maybe my skin was adjusting to the new routine- but I noticed my skin wouldn't start bothering me until after I put this on. I looked at the ingredients out of curiosity- parabens and potentially other nasty things. Now, usually I don't pay much attention to ingredient lists because my skin isn't particularly sensitive but I do know parabens are NOT something you want to be putting on your face. None of my other face products contain them. I cannot say for sure if this is what caused the irritation but I do have a strong feeling leaning in this direction. I know that there are other drug store brands that do not put such ingredients in their cosmetics. I am so disappointed because I really liked this product and I liked how it made my skin look (minus the irritation of course).

So if these ingredients are a concern to you, I would not recommend. It also contains talc that I know some people may have a reaction to so you might want to beware of that.

I don't usually wear powder, but I got this product because my foundation made my face super shiny and sticky. So I got this powder in neutral C2. So far it has completely eliminated the shine and oilyness. It gave me a nice somewhat matte powdery finish. I do feel it takes away from my glow, but that's probably just because it is a powder so it's not going to give a dewy finish. The consistency is satiny and smooth. I haven't noticed any shimmer, if it has shimmer it's not noticeable on the face. The coverage is terrible, and looks bad when used by itself, but it does a good job of setting foundation. But I can't really see any powder giving good coverage. It helps my mascara from smearing under my eyes. I really like the packaging. It comes with a decent sized mirror, that's separated on the underside of the powder, with an average sponge. I haven't noticed any dry patches, or it creasing. I have only been using it a day or so, so I will edit my review when I see how it holds up through out the day. The price for this is ridiculous. A powder shouldn't cost more than mascara!
Edit: It has been only six hours and my face is looking shiny and oily in certain spots. It's wearing off. I want makeup that I don't have to re-apply.

Video Reviews & Tutorials