L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder

3.5

Talc, Zea Mays/Corn Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octylododecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. ( /- May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, FIL 026863/1. (Taken from packaging, 09/2010, USA)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this powder in shade W8 Crème Café from my local walmart. Originally I purchased the N8 but the color is too cool toned for me.

According the L'Oreal website it is supposed to:

Match skin tone and texture.
Non-Cakey.
Oil-free.
And that you can... "blot shine, blend for a natural finish, or build for more coverage. True Match™ Powder’s formula contains a hint of pearl pigments that enhance your skin’s tone."

I say ... TRUE. This is probably the second drugstore product I can rely on (aside from my Revlon Colorstay) and say that it truly delivers. And I was really impressed.

I'm not a big fan of powders because they always look cakey to me but this doesn't. It is more of a winter shade for me, as I'm lacking my gorgeous Vegas summer glow. I do not wear this alone I use it to set my foundation ONLY. So I can't really give a review of using this AS a foundation. I prefer liquid foundations. It definitely helps correct any orange tint on my Kat Von D foundation.

Cost: $10.95 (on their website varies in store)
Finish: Matte
Comes with a mirror and a sponge (I use a brush)

My application:

After applying my foundation I use a fluffy powder blush to apply it as a setting powder or just to even out the orange undertone of my foundation or even bring color back into my face after using an invisible (no such thing on brown skin I'm sorry) powder.

Pros:
-Affordable
- "Available in 33 true-to-you shades. " according the their website. (My Walmart had about 10)
-Works great as a setting powder
-Blots shine
-Looks natural
-Easy to go Compact
-Easily accessible to buy locally (walmart, target, drugstores etc.)

Cons:
-Have to color match in-store

Overall this performs really well as a setting powder. I don't see myself really looking for another setting powder because honestly, why bother when this performs. I didn't find that it transferred more than any other powder if at all. I would repurchase it.

I have this in the shade cocoa just for contouring. The powder is very pigmented and creamy, so its extremely easy to blend this. You only need a little!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the worst powder I have ever purchased in my life, and I've tried tons...yes it seems so soft when you apply it yet it sinks into your pores, and the color range is horrible all I saw was orange in my pores, it accentuated every crevice of my skin, and made my skin look dry and I'm an oily girl ughhhh waste of mola.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little surprised at the 3.5 overall rating on this product. I think it's quite a gem, personally.

I use the L'Oreal True Match in C3, creamy natural. I suffer from terribly red skin, and use the L'Oreal green primer under my c3 foundation.

But this little powder is what puts it all together. It blends out beautifully and while nothing covers all your flaws, this is pretty close.

My one nitpick is the packaging, as it hinges on both sides. The puff I feel is rather small, and I wind up using one of my own. Small price to pay, IMO. Love this product and will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Amazing powders. These powders are probably some of the best you can find in the drugstore. They come in lots of colors, are finely milled and of good quality and are around $10.

Looking for a matte bronzer or a matte highlighter or a contour powder? Check out these powders. Need a compact powder for touch ups? Need a powder to set your makeup? These powders will get the job done.

While traveling, I left a bunch of my makeup elsewhere and needed a quick, reasonably priced replacement for my PF pressed powder and Shiseido translucent pressed powder I normally use. I always have heard good things about this foundation line from L'Oreal so decided to try it, when I found it on sale at Walgreens.

I am extremely impressed. This matches my skintone and Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation perfectly - I use the Soft Ivory shade to match the Ivory Tarte shade. Almost creamy on the sponge, it blends perfectly and glides on. Buildable for days when you want more coverage. Haven't noticed any oxidization or color change yet, either.

So many of these powders look chalky and weird when applied, but not this one. I buff it in using a Tarte foundation brush and it looks like my skin, not powder. Truly a great find, regardless of who makes it or where it is sold. Highly recommended.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A drugstore powder that I actually like? Wow!

The formula of this powder feels silky to the touch, and it's not cakey in the slightest!

I have dry skin, so don't want to look matte, and I love this powder! I like to set my foundation with it, and I find that it's great for allowing you to control how much product you use (I use it very sparingly), and it makes my foundation staying powder considerably better, as well as adding a little extra coverage.

The packaging is very sleek, and is like a compact, featuring a very handy mirror and a (not so handy) sponge underneath. My one complaint is that I've had this product twice now, and it's crumbled and cracked as soon as I've hit the pan, both times!

Other than that, I love it! Great for people who don't want a lot of powder, not chalky or drying, doesn't oxidise (unlike L'oreal foundations).

I have dry skin and am really picky on face powders cause most tend to look powdery and dry. This one is one that is sooooo light. Whatever finish your foundation is, this will let it go through the powder! One of my favorite powders of all time!!! So light

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this powder! It matches my skin tone perfectly and is perfect for setting my makeup while also providing some additional coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for literally years. Most other drugstore pressed powders just don't have a huge color selection for tan/olive toned people with yellow undertones and even though the color I would get (w3) wouldn't match me completely, it was the closest one to my shade. Pros:this product gives you a huge color selection and isn't scented. It also gives decent coverage and the packaging includes a mirror and a round sponge for application. Cons: this product wouldn't keep me matte. Im oily and acne prone so I need coverage that's going to keep me matte but not cakey. And this product would make me so oily like within an hour I needed to pack on more product! I do not recommend it for ppl who are oily. Overall an ok product with good color selection and decent coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials