October 23, 2014 | 1846 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this powder in both W1 and W2. Initially, I bought the W2 because it seemed to be a perfect match for my skin tone, but I realized that it was making me look like I had a tan after a few hours. My face was noticeably darker than my neck, which was not a good look. I decided to try the W1, and it's much better. Sometimes, I mix the two shades if I want more color on my face, but I never use the W2 alone anymore. Either these powders are actually darker than they appear in the compact, or they oxidize like crazy. Aside from this issue, the quality of the powder is surprisingly very high for a drugstore brand. I was afraid that it would be chalky, but it has a smooth, satin-like finish. I often wear it alone over primer when I'm in a rush, and it gives me enough coverage that I can use it as a foundation powder. It's also oil-free, fragrance-free, and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think that the only use for this powder, and the reason I've given it 5lippies etc. is one: To blot tzone throughout the day and touch-up on blackheads, etc., maybe a little bit under the eyes..but that's it. It's not a full coverage powder like studio fix, and it's not a foundation powder. for its price it does the job --throw it in my purse and use of touch-ups :)

btw, it does cover up some minor sun spots on my face, it evens out my skintone including some cheek redness --but i don't have major skin prbs.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sakura14

PROS:
The powder lasts about 3-4 hours without retouching. I have oily skin and this is a plus for me.
It is not cakey and applies smoothly onto my face.
It does not cause me to break out.
The amount of product lasts a long time.
It has a mirror.

CONS:
The packaging is simple and not sturdy. I broke the case after accidentally threw it.
The puff is unhygienic.

EDIT:
Even though this foundation lasts long for oily skin, it doesn't hold blush much. I have used Flower Beauty, BYS and Maybelline blushes and it faded after two hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG face powder. I put this powder on my T zone and my under eyes after I have applied my Revlon Photo ready foundation and concealer. This powder blends seamlessly into my skin and feels so smooth to the touch. I have tried other powders but they have either irritated my skin or made my skin look dry. Even though this powder is a bit on the pricey side, its well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kohana

Love this powder! I'm super pale, so finding a foundation light enough is hard. Plus, I'm cool toned, so finding a light enough, cool enough foundation is almost impossible in the drugstore brands. I love that they divide the shades into warm/neutral/cool. It was easy to find my perfect shade, and the powder is enough to give me a soft, smooth look. It is a bit heavier coverage than I prefer, so I just really lightly tap it over my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at CVS for 50% off on a whim in W9.5. I'm about an NC35 and love this for bronzing and contouring! It's absolutely matte and isn't orangey or reddish. It's also pretty easy to blend. If you're looking for a bronzer, try this out in W9.5.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by linzloo22

I really have mixed feelings about this powder. I used to wear it alone with a dab of under eye concealer when I had gorgeous skin in my early and mid twenties. Honestly, I could use a light dusting of any cheap powder in those days and still look darn good! Sadly, those good skin days ended a while ago and I was forced to seek out a real makeup routine to cover up some mild adult acne and redness issues. Oh the joys of growing up!

Well, last year I picked this up at the drugstore again when I was looking to save money on some makeup basics. At $11, I was expecting some great results for a drugstore powder. Even though I found a great color match from their wide selection, I absolutely hated the way it made me look. It just made my foundation look and feel like a mask and did nothing to control oil. I really prefer a sheer setting/ blotting powder on my t zone, so if you like the doll-like foundation mask look, you may like this to set foundation! Since I'm a horrible makeup hoarder, I just threw it in my makeup graveyard basket and forgot about it for a while.

Cut to this summer when I moved back to the hot humid south. I grabbed for this to set some greasy high SPF sunscreen I had put on to do yard work ( I didn't want to waste my HE powder on cutting the grass, lol) And miracle of miracles, I actually looked good! This powder is really pigmented! Not enough to be considered a foundation but it definitely gives a generously sheer coverage and blurred out some blemishes. While it didn't control oil, it did play nicely with it and didn't separate or get patchy the way bare minerals does on me. Ever since, I have been using this on super hot days over my SS. It's a lot easier to blot and reapply this powder than it is to try and salvage a BB cream or foundation that is melting off your face!

I gave 3 lippies because this is not a bad product and the color selection is fantastic, but it's just not very versatile for me and I have many other powders in my arsenal with better overall results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I mean, the packaging is nothing special. I use the mirror and keep a MAC powder puff inside which works brilliantly with the product. Application is smooth; applies amazing coverage, mattifies the skin, and keeps makeup on without creasing or settling into dry patches. The price is kinda ridic, seeing as it's a drugstore product, and I paid almost $15 for it. It lasts quite long before hitting pan, so maybe that's worth a couple extra dollars. I have noticed that applying too much of this around my mouth gives me smile lines, but that is a rare occurrence. I've never noticed if this was the cause for my breakouts, but I've been using it for the past couple of months in addition to some other drugstore products, and I still have yet to find a product that gives me all the benefits I get from this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kwinther8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product made me break out REALLY bad on the first use. I have very acne-prone skin, but I can easily keep it under control if I'm careful. This was a very bad decision! It's going in the trash!!! I tried it multiple times because I didn't want to believe this was causing my breakout since it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my really really warm-toned skin.... But I got a new pimple every time. Not worth the money, not worth the breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like it... But.... I have oily skin and not do I have to reapply in the middle if the day even after using UD all nighter setting spray, it really gets cakey and makes any dry patches way drier. The coverage is good and natural at first, and so many shades. I don't hate it, but wouldn't buy again or recommend it.