November 27, 2014 | 1508 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Eye Pencils

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for Long Wear Eye Pencil in Jet. I received this in a Sephora bonus set. I would never buy black eyeliner, being 51 and fair, but every company seems to give them away like candy. This liner did not last (my ColorStay Revlon ones or even Ulta brand ones have much better staying power) and smudged all under my eyes, even though I only put it on the top lid!

Fail. I will keep this for Halloween costume use only.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

Recently tried the black chocolate long wearing eyeliner in her new fall 2013 collection. It was returned the next day. Color was flat and boring. It also smudged all over my eyes by the end of the day. Very disappointed in this product. My Rimmel kohl liner from rite aid looks remarkably better than this and for only $7 it's a bargain. Bb is charging a much higher price point($25) for a not so special or long wearing eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by SarahSugartits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend actually purchased this for me!
He didn't like the gel kind i had..
I really like it so far!
Minus the sharpening mess..I'm messy.
And when i first used it, it broke on me and i had to sharpen it :l hah

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a weird eyeliner. The plum one doesn't smudge on me, whereas the mahogany sometimes smudges.
It's long lasting and very soft, to the point where I know I'm going to finish this up in no time. I find it softer than Makeup Forever, which makes it better to tightline without tugging too much.
I think it was $26CAD and comes with a sharpener and you must use a sharp one because a dull one will probably ruin the soft pencil.
I would probably only repurchase the plum shade and not the brown one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

I have oily skin and therefore oily lids. I don't like liquid (as I have NEVER been able to draw an even line) and I like gel but don't have the patience to deal with the brush so I was glad when the makeup lady suggested I try this gel pencil.

I have to say this is the smoothest eye pencil I've ever used. It goes on incredibly pigmented and is so gentle. The down side of this is you have to keep sharpening to keep the tip sharp, so product usage is very fast.

Also, I live in a humid tropical climate so the thick gel line takes awhile to dry. I will draw the line in front of a fan usually. Or I will smudge it for a smoky eye. Once it dries, it really lasts all day (in an air-conditioned environment). So make sure it dries properly first.

However, I do not recommend this in hot humid areas as once the gel is moistened, it smudges rather easily, giving you panda eyes. And we all know pandas are not naturally found in tropical habitats so best to keep things natural..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by MetaMaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a total disappointment. A brand like Bobbi Brown can do a lot better in my opinion. The pencil is hard and difficult to apply. Although the colour is lovely (mine is mahogany) it does NOT go on smoothly or easily, and the overall look is just blah. I expected more!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by cassielove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eyeliner is the most important part of my makeup routine in the morning, and I've tried hundreds of dollars worth of different styles, shades, and brands. Bobbi Brown foundation and lipgloss seem to always work for me, so I decided to give the eyeliner a go. I'm glad I did. I like that it lasts really long, because I generally don't have time to apply in the loo at school or at my job. The way it glides on is a major bonus for me, as I hate having to fill in constant gaps because of a rougher, stubbier eye pencil. Because it's not fully a pencil, it's easier to draw wings and do other dramatic effects. However, it's a little expensive and runs out pretty quickly (maybe that's just me, I use a lot of eyeliner.) I've turned my friends onto it though, and we all agree that it's the best we've tried yet. I'm currently using Lancome Artliner but I'm thinking that I'll go back to this for everyday use - liquid liners are so fussy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by brixham

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have two - dusk and caviar - love them both!! In respect to earlier comment, BB's gel liners are super-lasting. My problem - can't get it off :-) Also my age and wrinkles need a softer line. These are perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was such a disappointment for me, because I usually adore Bobbi Brown (I love her lipsticks). However, I have to agree with the other reviewers that this product is nothing to get too excited about. I loved the color (in "caviar) but the texture is just too stiff/hard and doesn't go on very easily. I would expect a lot more from a high end product, and for the amount that they charge for this. Even being the Bobbi fan that I am, I just can't recommend this and have to give it a pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Probably this is the worst eye pencil I have ever bought.I have this in black(01)the color is everything but black to me seems like a washed off deep grey,disgusting colour.On my water line the colour gets even more ugly.The staying power is very low.Also low is the pigmentation. The only positive I can think about this product is the nice packaging and the good smugger that comes with the product.I stopped using this as an eye pencil,I m using it as a "brush" to smudge my regular eye liner