August 31, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Black tulip

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Alejendro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this off ebay as I was looking for a new plum/black to add to my collection.
If you're second guessing buying it... don't. JUST DO IT. This is so smooth on the lips but not smooth enough to just go everywhere. IT SMELLS LIKE MOTHER FUCKIN TULIPS.
It's such a rich purpley black. The colour is very similar to Macs Night Violet but the formula is INFINITELY better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this lipstick and want to marry it.

Ironically, I bought it for Halloween and, for that purpose, wanted it to be less "wearable," and more gothy, than it actually is. In truth it goes on as a deep but flattering blackberry color. It feels wonderfully smooth on the lips! I am wearing it now at work and have been complemented twice just this morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was aprehensive about buying this color, but went ahead and bought it. I have not regretted it. Today a woman at the bus stop said "I like your lipstick," which is not a statement that most women make unless the color is exceptional.
Everyone raved about the Chanel "Rouge Noir," or Vamp, but I was not able to wear it successfully. It was very dark and would fade in the center of my lips. I found it very brown, whereas the "Black Tulip" is a dark violet, without being too red or too brownish. "Black Tulip" is the color I was expecting Chanel's "Vamp" to be. It looks fabulous. I live in a town that does not sell YSL cosmetics.
Update - MACs lipliner in Half-Red works beautifully with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by LaBoulet

An absolutely breathtaking color in an A-list lipstick.Like RavenBeauty writes, the red undertone in this purple makes it quite wearable. I've worn it full strength for nighttime and also dabbed on lightly (like a stain) during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by CinnamonBun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As the other review said, this colour is unbelievable. I HAD to have it when I saw it. If you have a pale skincolour, definitely try this one. You'll feel like snowwhite! ^_^ I would say I feel like a snowwhite/vampire. The red undertones in it are GORGEOUS. Unbelievable. I'm stocking up on this one. Signature lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that this is truly the most stunning lipstick I have ever seen or worn in my entire life. This color is indescribable, but I will do my best to give it justice. I am a true lipstick junkie and have tons of high end reds from YSL to Dior to Armani and back again (and plenty of drugstore reds as well). Out of all the wonderful brands out there, I have always favored YSL because their colors are incredibly vibrant, their cases magnificent and their formula's luxurious (incredibly comfortable and moisturizing making you feel as if you are wearing pure silk). Opium Red has to be the worlds most beautiful red and trust me I have tried every red you can think of, but this new color has me utterly blown away.

I have been searching for years and years for what I would call a true blood purple. Every time I buy a violet or purple lipstick, I always end up returning them as they all end up being nothing more than glorified plums. Nobody had it nailed until now. I bought goth brands, high end brands and everything in between and nothing can even compare to this rich, vibrant blood purple. This is absolutely stunning! Trust me you will get noticed in this because there is nothing like it on this earth. It is the most magnificent deep violet red that I have ever seen. In fact blood purple describes it best. You have to see it and wear it to believe it. It absolutely pops with powdered down pale skin. You feel like a princess twisting it out of its gorgeous case, but when you see the color on, you will not believe your eyes. Whoever created this at YSL is positively and uniquely brilliant. I have tried them all and this has to be the worlds most gorgeous lipstick period. The swatch shown above doesn't even do it justice. This is so striking and so drop dead gorgeous that It literally took my breath away when I first saw it on me. I may stock up on these because this is a brand new color and the chances are slim to none that I will ever see someone capture this shade of violet again. I am in lipstick heaven. God this is stunning! I am so done trying other purples and plums. My search is over. I love this! Absolutely mind blowingly gorgeous!!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Same name Black Tulip 149..
But 2009..love it
perfect dark black/purple compared to any other ive sampled,so I bought it 19.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by greatscott2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately for me, I get hooked to products way late in the game-especially hi-end ones. I came across Black Tulip after receiving a GWP and was skeptical. It looked like something out of the late 90's with the whole cherry/burgundy creamy lip craze.
I was in for a shock, I love the color, a nice black berry that appears very dark in the tube but very subtle on the lip. The texture is light and buildable. I can definitely wear a layer or two during the day and reapply for a deeper tone at night. The SPF is a plus in my book too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2006 8:46:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK so based on the other review and my experience with other YSL lipsticks I thought "Sounds like the color for me!". Well it wasn't. This is muddy and splotchy, like a dried up wet n' wild color. It isn't just the formula it is also just a lazy color formulation that is inconsistant and one of the few colors that have come along in my LIFEtime that I assigned "unwearable" status to. This also had that funky tea rose smell that was much stronger then my matte formula YSL lipsticks. I don't think I will ever purchase a Rouge Pur Transparent ever again. My VS sheer formulation l/s are far more impressive. After waiting three weeks for this in the mail, I am frozen to the core with dissapointment. Poorly executed House of YSL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks scary in the tube. Almost frightening. You open it up and twist and you scream. It is black...a black lippie. I stare at it for a moment and then execute. It slides on so easily and so sheer and so perfect that it feels like a great moisturizer. The color itself is very sheer and almost a plummy/blackberry/berry color. There is very little red in this one. It really is a blackberry color. I really like it. It can be layered to give more of a color or use as a wash. It also has one helluva a gloss to it (not tacky but very moisturizing). Think glam goth.