November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Sonne82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturizer! I have acne-prone and sensitive skin and had a hard time finding a moisturizer which doesn't aggravate my skin. I've been using this now for at least 2 years on and off and always come back to it. I usually wear it during the daytime as a moisturizer before applying foundation - my skin looks very smooth with this moisturizer, doesn't get oily as much and reduces any minor breakouts I may have, it definitely doesn't contribute to increasing any breakouts. Will buy this as long as my make it, hopefully it's not being continued any time soon!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first got it I hated it, after a month my breakouts seemed more and my skin was just dry and flakey. Fast forward another month or two and some research later and I know it's not this moisturizer but the every day clarisonic use. I read somewhere that you're supposed to use glycolic acid for a couple days (a week preferably) and then stop for a week. I started using it at night on clean skin followed by some kind of oil. No clarisonic use until the break and even then just every other day and my face is actually glowing for the first time ever. I have a mark from chicken pox which seems much less noticeable and a sun spot next to it and the sunspot is maybe 70% gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

I bought this after running out of a sample pack of Neostrata Level 2 smoothing cream that I got an eBay, as I wanted to continue to use a 10% glycolic moisturizer.

Price: ounce for ounce, PTR is a slightly better deal than buying a similar-sized tube from Neostrata. I got this during one of Sephora's F&F sales, so with the discount, I think I paid around $40.

Packaging: Squeeze tube with the cap at the bottom, so you can really get all of the product of out the jar.

Product: I am a convert to glycolic moisturizers within the past year, after exhaustive searching online for ways to combat my dry skin. I live in a cold, dry climate and really struggle with flakes around my nose and on my chin, particularly in the winter when the temperatures drop to below zero. I started with a Clarins facial scrub, but ditched that in favor of Neostrata when I realized the Neostrata would do the same job without rubbing granules into my face and rinsing them off. I then read that this PTR moisturizer was a true 10% glycolic (the Neostrata L2 is techincally 8%), and then with the potential F&F discount, this seemed like a better deal.

I use this at night only, after I have taken off all of my makeup and before I apply my night cream. So far, it seems to be doing a good job, but in full disclosure, I have yet to use it throughout a full winter season yet. I definitely noticed more of a tingling feeling when using the Neostrata vs this, which is a little strange, considering that this is a higher concentration. One of the things I didn't like about Neostrata was its smell, and while PTR is slightly better, I can't say it's great. I have a little more than half of the tube left and will use to its completion, but the true test of whether or not this does as good as job as Neostrata will really be seen in the upcoming months.

Will I buy again? My answer right now is maybe--it really will depend on performance over the next season. If not, I'm looking at Neostrata L3, or perhaps another round of L2.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried two large samples (each lasted a week) from Sephora because of the great reviews here and on Beautypedia. I was warned by the SA that it would probably irritate me based on the fact that I was also buying Clinique products. Well, he was right. The burning/stinging starts upon application and continues for about half an hour or more. I've used 10, 12, and 14% concentrations from alpha hydrox and never had stinging and burning. This stuff is just too painful to use. Even if it means it's working, the discomfort can't possibly be good for my skin. I gave it 2 lippies because the packaging is good and it seems to work for other people. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but this stuff is just too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I've been using the gel version and I find that works well with my skin but after a while of using it I think my skin got used to it. I decided to give this a try thinking I would get the same results. While it didn't irritate my skin, I didn't like how it felt on my skin. It's sticky and it feels like there's residue on my face. It also my skin very oily which I find very odd. In the end, I had to return this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product got very good reviews both on this website and on Beautykpedia, so I thought it was a good bet. For the type of product it is, I thought the price was reasonable, and the packaging was good. However, I think the time release aspect of the glycolic acid ended up irritating my skin more than helping it. Although I used a small amount each night, within three nights, I was breaking out. I soldiered on for a couple of weeks and then I declined to continue to see if I'd end up in a better place, as I've had glycolic peels with facials, and I did not break out, although my skin was a bit red afterwards. What I can say that's good about this product is that the skin between the pimples looked better, and the pimples weren't nickel sized cycts. Damning with faint praise, I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Almost finished with my first tube of this stuff and LOVE it!!! I'm generally a big fan of PTR, so could be a bit biased. This stuff is amazing on so many levels: hygenic squeeze tube, nice tingly feeling upon application (never burns though), noticeable change in skin tone, and no scent. The only odd thing about it was that a month ago it started feeling granular and would leave little beads or pills on my face. I was about 3/4 finished with the bottle when this started and I still have the problem a little (have to gentle tissue off after I apply). Don't know what causes that problem, but overall this is a great moisturizer and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow amazing moisturizers really do exist! I was about to lose hope in all skin care lines but this sets the bar for all other moisturizers. I use this at night time and occasionally in the mornings when my skin feels super dry. It gives my skin a great matte glow. love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Mirjon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely brilliant!! Ive often stayed away from skin care products except meds given by doctors. Simply because my skin is sensitive and breaks out soon after staring a product. Ive suffered from cystic acne and was put on accutane atleast 4 times and it was the most helpful drug fr my acne problems. Looks like I can kiss goodbye to accutane now that I found PTR. Ive never used a moisturiser before this one that never gave me break outs.. From the first few days of using this product Ive been getting compliments from a lot of people about my skin. Trust me Ive only dreamt of beautiful skin and I thought it would never be a reality for me. Now it is thanks to this product. Im almost 30 and Ive never had skin like this even when I was 16!!!! Im sooo thankful to this brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for over a year now and I haven't even used half the bottle- a little goes a long way. I was hesitant to try a glycolic moisturizer as I get eczema very bad around my mouth and eye area but after reading reviews on paulaschoice.com i thought i would give it a go as i have never been able to use a scrub on my face. This made my skin GLOW! i love this product I will never purchase another gycolic moisturizer as this is perfect. I use this under either my clinique continuous rescue night moisturizer in normal/dry (during winter) or my olay moisturizer (in summer). i have tried the ASAP glycolic scrub but it gave me hives. But this moisturizer, I highly recommend!