November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - First Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Agreed with the last review- upon squeezing the tube, the product comes out runny and oily. (It's almost like it separates.) I even emailed the company directly to inquire if that's normal within the first few uses or if I should return to Sephora, and I received an auto-generated acknowledgement. That's all - they company wasn't professional or kind enough to address the issue. Several times I returned home after work to find (to my horror) that my shadow had all creased on me!
I recommend Urban Decay's shadow primer, it's been consistently reliable for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by SeaDove7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does an ok job as a primer, but when I squeeze just a little bit out of the tube it tends to be watery and kinda gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by evamckeown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awful awful stuff! Definately not worth the money! makes your eye shadow crease like crazy - Mac paint pots are relatively similar in price and you get way more of a far superior product for the money! the packaging is pretty but thats about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sazzygurl

I love this, but NOT as a primer. It did not fulfil itís propose as a primer but I do use this colour almost daily as a shadow for my lids. Itís a very light shimmery colour that is great for a light daytime look but you must apply a very small amount or it will look terrible. I like this product very much since it last all day and makes my eyes look bright and refreshed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this once because the packaging and name attracted me. Never again. It creases so badly, and it slips off the eyelid. I think it looks better to just use eyeshadow by itself now instead of this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lizgoodno

Ok...I have tried every eye shadow primer including all the cult classics like primer potion and shadow insurance. All bases are so dry on me that my lids look flakey and the shadow color doesn't stick (I have dry combo skin). Most ppl who write these crappy reviews use too much of this primer and not enough shadow. I have been using this for years on myself and others (even with oily lids) and even the cheapest shadows really POP and I have never experienced creasing. Powder shadows really stick to this base unlike those dryer silicone ones. Just use very little and don't just swipe on your shadow, carefully pat a generous amount of your shadow and you will be very happy with this product. Its the only base that actually makes my eye makeup look amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Wira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Can this even be considered as a primer? Totally creased and did nothing for my eye makeup. A huge disappointment. Just stick to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, that's way better. I thought of using this as a highlighter instead, but the product really really smells for some reason and the idea of even putting in on my skin disgusts me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by SuffocatingSight

When it comes to makeup, i am wooed by catchy names that play on words. "first base" made me laugh, and i like too faced, so i bought it. It STINKS. Such a waste of money.... All my eye makeup is creased so bad after a few hours! While i do have oily lids, this was no help at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by TurboKitties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this- it works. It makes colors pop and prevents color loss/creasing. The trick is to use just a little. The golden shimmer color is so pretty that I am often tempted to wear it alone. One day I just might!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product did not work for me at all, I have oily lids and it just all ended up in my crease. I wish I never bought it, total waste of money. I bought a MAC paintpot instead and it works wonders for oily lids like me :]

I guess you could use first base as a sparkly highlighter, but that is all it is good for in my opinion.