August 28, 2014 | 883 users online

Pressed Powders - Anna Sui - Pressed Powder - Lavender (Purple)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this initially cos I heard that purple brightens the skin and I love the smell of the Anna Sui compacts. Smells like roses.

I put it on my whole face with the compact and went down stairs my mum said that my face looked "powdery". The purple is quite obvious and it looks like I'm TRYING to make my face whiter. Maybe with a light powder brush, it'll be less obvious. So yeah, this is not for everyone; probably truly looks good on fair skin only.

However, I didn't let this go to waste just yet. I started using this for under my eyes which helped my shadow/liner not transfer under my eyes and to brighten the area too. It's not obvious when using on a small area.

I did manage to hit the pan though I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by iceprincess316

Like most Asian brands, the price of this was upped twofold b/c the compact and the refill had to be bought separately. Beautiful compact though!Through trial and error, I've learned instead of putting it on by itself as a finishing powder (which might turn you ashy white and screw up all of your makeup), put in on as a base powder. It'll even out / brighten /whiten your complexion, and then put your foundational powder on top. Also the puff pad is just too much! Use a brush to get a light and even touch. Warning! This does NOTHING for oil control. In fact, my fsce became oiler faster when using this, so use a primer/base, and bring oil absorbing paper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

I have shade 200 which is a soft, glittery shade of lavender. Its perfect for a soft touch up since the finish is a soft matte=not recommended for oilier skin types. I don't think that the purple hue made ANY difference in my skintone or skin colour; it just doesn't add a yellow or pink cast to my skin. This powder DOES contain oil which would probably explain the semi-poor oil control effect it has on my dry-combo skin. However, this is perfect for setting foundation since this is non-drying and NEVER cakes. One complaint: why silver glitter instead of silver shimmer? Hm. I had to purchase the compact seperately so it was a little pricey at $52 altogether...I just wished the old vintage black compact wasn't discontinued. Ohoh, you can choose between the gold butterfly packaging or the gold rose one, which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KateJ

Wow - you really have to treat yourself to an Anna Sui pressed powder if only to own the amazing and super unique compact. There are 2 designs - I got the gold coloured compact with the butterfly on the front. Beautiful and so unique. As for the contents of the compact... the purple powder. The powder is light and airy, does not cake, but is not intended for those with oily complexions. It only controls a bit of shine. As for the shade...the purple powder promises to even out your complexion & brighten. I was convinced to buy the purple shade by the MA but now really wish I got the yellow sparkley powder instead. The purple worked for a while.... but now I'm so pale that the powder actually shows up on my face as an odd blue/greyish tint, especially when I've applied foundation 1st. It discolours my foundation base, and is really not-so-attractive. So just make sure the purple is *actually* for you -I really wish I had gotten one of the 'normal' shades. **BOTTOMLINE* Nice light powder, but make sure the purple shade works with your complexion!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 1:11:00 AM More reviews by KateJ

Wow - you really have to treat yourself to an Anna Sui pressed powder if only to own the amazing and super unique compact. There are 2 designs - I got the gold coloured compact with the butterfly on the front. Beautiful and so unique. As for the contents of the compact... the purple powder. The powder is light and airy, does not cake, but is not intended for those with oily complexions. It only controls a bit of shine. As for the shade... I was convinced to buy the purple shade by the MA but now really wish I got the yellow sparkley powder instead. the purple powder promises to even out your complexion & brighten. This worked for a while.... but now I'm so pale that the powder actually shows up on my face as an odd blue/greyish tint, especially when I've applied foundation 1st. It discolours my foundation base, and is really not-so-attractive. So just make sure the purple is *actually* for you -I really wish I had gotten one of the 'normal' shades. **BOTTOMLINE* Nice light powder, but make sure the purple shade works with your complexion!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2004 7:41:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

I got this beautiful powder in lavender. It's not the finest powder I've tried, but the finishing result is very smooth and natural. Very sheer with a touch of brightness and lasts quite well on my combination to dry skin. It's quite shimmery and adds nice radiance to the skin. The scent is also lovely. EDIT: I find this powder to be quite chalky at times, and the shimmers are not fine enough. It can make you look like you are wearing a white powder. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by PixyAnne

I recently got this in lavender form a swap and I love it! It's very smooth and color os so sheer, it's like it might as well be white. I love that it neutralizes ugly yellow tones on days when I want to wear more cool pink and red shades. Completely transforms my complexion when I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2003 6:34:00 AM More reviews by ellen_77

i have this in lavendar, the packaging is so pretty, butterfly packaging makes me so attracted to it, this is also my ever first pressed powder, i apply it with brush, doesn't look cakey at all, i love the smell..so yummy..!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2003 4:45:00 PM More reviews by paprkia

I have the lavender one which makes
my skin look well...purple!
The only reason why I'm still keeping it is because of the case~
Althought I did liked the smell of roses, I won't repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2002 10:37:00 PM More reviews by scarletorchid

I have this in the lavendar color. Its gorgeous, I use it as a highlighter and an eyeshadow...Gives me a nice wintery glow. The smell & packaging are great as well.