October 23, 2014 | 2111 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by holyshiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG concealer, have been using it for years and years. I use this to cover up hyperpigmentation spots and as an undereye concealer. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. It stays on all day, i only re-apply if I go out at night.

Don't use too much, a tiny bit will cover up just great.
If you do, the product will get into fine lines and show.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have FINALLY found *drumroll please* MY HG CONCEALER.

I stumbled across the multitude of positive reviews for it here, and as I had a gift card at the time, I figured I'd try it. No skin off my nose if it didn't work... but it did!

For reference, I have super pale (neutral undertone), extremely dry skin (although it's not sensitive), and I've been looking for a good all round concealer to use to brighten under eye area, and for use on blemishes. I've tried multitudes of concealers from DS to HE and have been 100% happy with none, ALTHOUGH I will say that from the DS Maybelline FitMe concealer is surprisingly good.

Anyway, onto the review. The concealer is extremely pigmented and is ever so slightly tacky to the touch, but it blends like an absolute dream, and a little goes a very long way. Colour match for me is great - I bought 01 Beige Pastel which melds perfectly with my skin tone. It is made specifically for the under eye area, and I found that it brightened up my under eyes brilliantly whilst not settling into fine lines. For me at least, it ALSO worked wonderfully on blemishes - concealing fantastically and not peeling or caking or flaking off, which are usually the complaints that blemish concealers give me. Additionally, I found I got at least 10 hours of wear without having to correct anything. LOVE.

As for the particulars: Packaging is functional and plain - the concealer comes in a small squeeze tube with an extremely small nozzle - perfect because such a little goes a long way, not to mention nice and hygienic :) Colour selection is, admittedly extremely limited. I don't know if the selection has changed, but everywhere I look there are only 3 shades available - all light. This isn't a problem for me at all, but for ladies with darker/warmer skin tones, you might want to double check the selection or look elsewhere. Price is, not cheap - about £20 for a 15ml tube, but I do believe that for the quality of this concealer and how so little goes so far, it's actually a pretty fair price.

I have never found such an effective concealer, and I will re-purchase till it's no longer made! HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by QueenofCats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Where do I start? This concealer is amazing, I was looking for a concealer that didn't upset my skin (as it's sensitive) so I went to the Lancome counter in a pharmacy and the lady who served me put some on so I could see if it worked for me. Well, immediately after she put it on me I noticed a huge difference in the dark circles under my eyes, I have to admit I was stunned! I bought some and told my mom that I had some on and even she noticed the difference! This is by far my HG of concealers! My skin hasn't reacted at all! LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by KateRR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried many concealers in an effort to find my holy grail but wasn't impressed by this. I told the lady at the Lancome counter I wanted it to cover blemishes and needed something for sensitive skin that was non-comedogenic but later found out that it is primarily intended for under eyes (which I don't have a problem with). As an aside, I was surprised that the lady - a make-up professional - didn't even know what non-comedogenic meant.

The colour match to my skin was perfect. The packaging hygienic and the little tube looks cute. Unfortunately, the coverage it provided was not good at all - minimal at best (more like a tinted moisturiser) and it won't layer however hard you try. It also broke me out. Avoid for blemishes. I took it back and was impressed that Lancôme provided a full refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by tashacx

a little expensive but it lasts a long time and you get maximum coverage. blends brilliantly with lancome teint idole.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Melodyshell

I've thus far only tried estee lauder doublewear concealor so my comparison is between this and effacernes. I do not have dark circles and only wanted smth to brighten up my under eye. Estee Lauder did a great job on that but it's a little too dry for my liking and I thought to try effacernes after having read about it online. Well, I'd take back Estee Lauder anytime even with the drying bit. Effacernes' s good with the texture and it's definitely more moisturing and easier to apply but it melts relatively fast and I wouldn't say the coverage was that awesome upon application too. I actually looked like I had nothing under my eyes except my foundation which I don't see why i should spend that much on smth that my own foundation could already do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by reeree55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this concealer and I am already in love with it. A makeup artist colour matched me with a shade that has a pink undertone to it. I didn't notice that in the store and was slightly anxious about using it once I realized that, but don't let the pinkness throw you off! I use this as an undereye concealer and I find that the pink in the concealer helps combat the darkness and illuminates nicely.

Pro's:
- Blends well
- Does not dry the skin at all
- This does not crease!! ***

A small tube of product at a fairly expensive price, but not a lot of product needed.
Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the good reviews on MUA and I can only agree with the others.

Very good coverage, but still looks natural, very creamy, blends like a dream. I sometimes wear it on its own, on good skin days.
You get lots of product, and the packaging makes it convenient to control the quantity you squeeze out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Camille0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to point out that I'm a Lancôme fan; the Dual Finish compact and Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation are among my makeup collection. Nevertheless, this concealer does not worth the price. I have tried TONS of concealers, high end and drugstores, and this Lancôme product is simply below average and disappointing. I even tried various tones and none of them looked natural.

In short, this product:
Does not cover well
Does no blend appropriately
Tends to look pink at sunlight

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this concealor!!! Really is my HG of concealers..... i have very dark circles and lines under my eyes.... this hides all..... and does not go cakey or sink into lines.... lasts all day, and i still have the same tube.... a year later!.... dot it under eyes and use a concealer brush (i have the mac one), to blend..... finish using fingers.... it really does lift under the eyes, and hides a multitude of sins!!! I would definitely repurchase.... i have tried hundreds of different concealers being a make up addict.... but since discovering this... nothing compares.