December 19, 2014 | 933 users online

Crème - Lancome - Absolue Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this on and off for several years. My mom gave me a jar years ago and since then I've loved it.

Its full coverage and just looks so natural.

It is quite heavy but its a moisturizer and foundation in one, so I don't mind. I stopped using this a few years ago because my skin was acting out - and so began the long hunt for an acne friendly foundation (no such thing lol). Finally, i asked my mom to get me this next time she went to the states (not available in Canada anymore)...

Just as good as i remember. I wasn't able to wear it in the summer--- felt too heavy. But now that its fall and I'm using topical acne treatments that dry out my skin and cause sun sensitivity... this is perfect.

I wish it was available in Canada and in a more sanitary container! I've put a bunch in a travel size bottle for my purse... much better that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Lisaa1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fab product! Here's why:
It's a treatment and a make-up. It fights the signs of aging quite well as you wear it. Also, it's a long wearing make-up. It lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Maryjanice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation out there-trust me, I've tried them all. The only skin type I wouldn't recommend it for is oily. I dip a clean q-tip in and dot on face, then blend with a foundation brush-this is the key as it's too thick to rub in with fingers. My jar lasts for two years. I am light skinned with green eyes and highlighted light brown/blonde hair. I use pearl-20 NC. I love the color because it's 100 % neutral-no pink or peachy orange in it. Someimes in winter I mix it with 10-the lightest color.It does not turn greasy at all-try it-it is well worth the $57.00. Go to a Lancome counter and have them test it on you. Then take mirror to natural light in store. My 21 yr old daughter loves it as well.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, the foundation I have is not in the bottle like that in the photo, here. Rather, it is in a pump, which I like a lot for sanitary purposes.

I have used various Lancome foundations over the years, among others. This is a moisturizing foundation with relatively sheer coverage. As I am getting older, I think I would prefer a foundation with slightly more coverage. But I use concealer for coverage, and just a 1/2 pump of this to even things out on my cheeks and nose. I have had the same bottle for a very, very long time.

It is a good product. I will likely try something else next time around. But I have no complaints. I also like the SPF factor, but that has been relatively the norm, and I use SPF anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

Note: I give this foundation a good review only because it would be fabulous on someone who is NOT my skin type.

So, my mom accidentally bought this and gave it to me when I was 12. I had no acne, just horrible dark circles. So I used this on those and it covered them like a dream and moisturized them. This was basically all I used. Then... once puberty and hormones started to hit me.. and I had to stop using this just because it contributed to the oil that much more.

Recently, I tried using this again and let me tell you, it covered beautifully. Acne scars and blemishes disappeared, dark circles disappeared, gave me a dewy, perfect finish. The only problem is... after an hour I had never felt my skin so oily. It still looked ok.. but I knew that stuff was a breakout waiting to happen. Although it didn't make me break out too horrible (got a pimple here and there, but not bad), I can't stand feeling like my face is an oil slick. And adding finishing powder didn't help much.. if anything I think it started to look cakey.

So I guess my point is.. if you have oily skin stay farrrr away from this. But if you have normal/maybe combination/dry skin this stuff will probably work like a dream. It deserves 5 stars because it does what it says and when I get older and grow out of acne and this weird oily skin (if I ever do D:) I'm going right back to this foundation if it's still out there.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by 212aaa212

advantages: full coverage, dewy, smooth texture, doesn't make my skin break out,good colour selection for tanner skin-tones, long lasting

Disadvantages- after a while it tends to get cakey,

recommendation- I would recommend that u apply minimal amount of foundation or else your face will look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Sweetienat123

This foundation is perfect for me. I am on a retinoid (very drying) and have hyperpigmentation from past acne and need coverage. I also need a foundation that doesn't suck the moisture from my skin. This meets all my needs because it is moisturizing, has SPF 20, gives full coverage, and the shade match is great. I am normally an NC25 in MAC and was matched with Ecru 15(W) and I love how this shade looks on me. I can't tan my face, so it's a little lighter than my body and this shade really evens things out for me without looking unnatural at all. I use a moisturizer, primer, apply this foundation, cover up the few tiny areas that might need extra coverage with MUFE Full Cover concealer, and finish with a loose setting powder (using MUFE HD right now). I like to apply this with the MAC 195 brush. I highly recommend this foundation for those who have dry skin and want good coverage from their foundation. (The jar specifies that this foundation is targeted toward dry/extra dry skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by tgbech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a perfect foundation for years, and I think maybe I found it. My skin is very fair and a bit dry. I have chloasma (pigmentation spots) on my forehead and need a lot of coverage. I was recommended a shade that looks fresh and gives a nice glow to my skin. The foundation moisturizes my skin without it being too shiny. I have tried many, many foundations that are supposed to be full coverage, but they have disappointed me. This foundation covers quite well, but I still have to use a little concealer on my pigmentation spots.

This foundation is quite expensive, but I think it's worth it. The reason why it doesn't get the best rating from me, is because of the jar. It's not very practical, and the little "spoon" that comes with it is not easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by alohahoneypie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years. It is a bit pricey and I have tried other things and nothing else comes close. I have an unusual skin tone and the majority of brands are too pink for me. This matches my skin perfectly. I have super dry skin and rosacea and this is the only foundation that covers the redness but still leaves my skin dewey looking. I use Pearl 10 in the winter and Pearl 20 during the summer when I have a bit more color. If you need full coverage or have super dry skin, try this foundation. You will not be disappointed. Pricey, but lasts a really long time.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by jessangel27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The absolute best foundation I have ever used! I have been using this foundation for over a year now I use shade absolute pearl 10 which is the lightest shade and its perfect! The formula goes on creamy luxurious and moisturizing! Its a nice full coverage too so you dont have to use much! My jar usually lasts me 4 months so I pay 80 for it here in Canada and its well worth it! The best foundation if you find you have dry skin. You won't be disapointed :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No