October 1, 2014 | 1561 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color powder shadow Trio for Browns

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by riacloud

My mom actually picked this up from a thrift store for about $1, and I took it from her (with permission, of course) because she wasn't using it. So NO, I did not purchase this myself. I've had it for about 8-9 months now but I only started using it last month.

1. champagne, highlighter color: great for highlighting, very pigmented and smooth.
2. copper-bronze color: not too pigmented but it can come as a plus as it is subtle for school. Not as smooth as the 1st color.
3. pale lilac color: barely comes up when I sweep it across my lid, but a pretty decent eyeshadow base.

They're decent eyeshadows, but not too fond of them being so poorly pigmented. They're smooth, apply well and there's a lot of product, so you definitely get your money's worth. I wouldn't go as far as to call them "intense" but they're good for a natural, everyday look and I can definitely get away with them at school.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I am reviewing the Palette "i-color shimmer for brown eyes 421" - if you loved MACs Flip (peachy/gold shadow) and 100 strokes (browned plum with slightly burgundy shimmer) then purchase this they are pretty much identical dupes. Good quality - not so keen on the highlight shade that also comes with this as it is a blue frosted white but it works at a pinch. The other two shades are lovely for the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this three lippies for the bronze shade only. The lilac and beige are super wrong for my dark skin NC55. Brown is a nice lid or crease color depending on the look. The lilac barely shows and is super chalky and the beige is just wrong for a highlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by CuppycakeLover

This was awsumly kool : D It was a good suttle color and made my eye color look nice and soft : 3 I really liked this and I would buy this again .... and again .... and maybe 15 more times hehehe

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beautiflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i got this product when i was 12 (4 years ago) and have never been able to give it up! i got this in a set with a purple eyeliner and a brown mascara labled for brown eyes, but my eyes have changed into a hazel. i love the light shimmery pearl shade. it works wonderfully as a high lighter! the brown is more of a shimmery bronze and i find it a kind of awkward color to use, but it does look very nice if you apply it in the crease with a shimmery gold dusted on the lid. the purple is a little too pastel for my taste, but it looks nice if you apply it right. the texture is very nice and the colors are very well pigmented. and stay on fairly well. i might buy this again if it was just the bronze and pearl shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I was a little disappointed with this trio. I found it in the old packaging on clearance since I guess they had repackaged them into newer ones. Out of the three colours, only two were wearable for me since the purple shade was extremely sheer and barely showed up unless I layered it several times. It was also slightly powdery and made blending difficult. The beige colour is a good highlight shade since the shimmer isn't over-powering and wasn't too difficult to blend. However, it is a little too frosty for my liking so I have to be careful with how I apply it. The dark brown is my favourite. It is the most pigmented out of the three and it didn't have as much fallout compared with the other two colours. Overall, I wouldn't buy this trio again and I don't necessarily think the combination of colours made my brown eyes "pop" either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good trio for dollar store standards, at mine they have tons so I picked this up and thought nothing of it, I was kinda right... the formula is chalky and on my brown eyes it makes me look really sleep deprived because of my purple dark circles... the colors also blend together really easily and get muddy. okay for a base, but not really good. I wanted to give 3 lippies, but this is pushing horrible. It also irritates my eyes when I take it off and I'm not even sure why, but they get red and puffy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this combo. It is mindless and the only shadow I use. I don't wear shadow everyday, and this is actually the only shadow that I own. I have been repurchasing for years. I use my own shadow brushes, but this is such a natural combo. I have used it on many brides in their weddings and they love the look. They blend well and I wouldn't change a thing. The review below me mentioned finding it at the Dollar Tree....I am going to check there more often, we don't have this at our Dollar Tree. The price is in the middle because I don't by shadow a lot, but I think it would be comparable to other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at my local Dollar Tree. I don't have brown eyes, but I thought the colors were gorgeous! They're relatively pigmented & last almost all day on my lids. I've never purchased an Almay product I didn't absolutely love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

this trio has great colors! except the purple is chalky and dosent apply well. it's comes out really light so you have to layer it on.
I love the bronze color for conturing your eyesss, so pretty. &flattering. it gives the perfect contour for your eyes. advice: use minimally bcus it's pretty pigminted. oh and check your 99 cents store cus they had a bunch at mine ;)