September 21, 2014 | 1081 users online

Moisturizers - Chanel - Hydramax+ Moisture Boost Fluid [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

Was sold this as a gel cream by my chanel consultant when they were just releasing the hydra beauty in new zealand. while this isn't the gel cream, i'm still extremely happy i purchased it. this is my HG of day fluids and i use it every morning. it makes my skin feel AMAZING, soft and it such a treat. my skin just drinks it up! it absorbs almost instantly, and because of the fluid texture, it is very easy to put on my skin. the packaging is off the chain with the pump, and the bottle is so pretty. 1 pump covers my whole face and neck.
    my only gripe with this product is that it has no spf, and also that it has been discontinued! the search for another light day fluid begins.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product caused my skin to breakout with small pimples and whiteheads after a week. Have stopped using on my face and used it as a hand cream. Its quite moisturizing but leave a sticky residue. Does not get absorbed by skin fast enough. The dispenser packaging is quite good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

I have skin that is prone to acne (in tzone) and dehydrated patches (everywhere else). When it's dehydrated it looks tough and tight and aged. I picked up this moisturiser after using the Chanel Hydramax Gel Creme, which I adored but for the jar. The Fluid comes in a pump which is much more hygienic and helps me to use less. It is lighter than the Gel Creme but once applied, the moisturising effect is immediate and long lasting. My skin is soft and clear, not a single rough patch. One day I forgot to moisturise and that old familiar tight feeling came back. As soon I put this on, I was silky and smooth again. Phew! The only thing that I don't understand about this product is that it just doesn't seem like it would be as good as it is. The fluid is so light, the bottle is sort of small and plastic-y, I keep thinking I need to use a lot of it! But you really don't, a little bit makes a big impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the review for the Hydramax+ Active Active Moisture Fluid. I bought this in conjunction to the serum to use as a pair for optimum results. I have very oily skin which tends to peel a fair bit as oil-controlling products dried out my skin. I was between this or the Gel-creme but the SA advised that the fluid has a light mattifying effect better for my oily skin. I must say that as this can be used both day and night, it will not contain any sunscreen. I simply layer a base with a sunscreen to protect against UV rays after this. The application is easy with a pump dispenser and the finish on the skin is very very smooth and velvety. Makeup does not slide as long as i prep my base after this. As the texture is a bit more velvety, I can imagine the wear of the makeup maybe affected if not protected by a makeup base. This did not affect me much as I always have a base before foundation. I may do a test run and update the review later.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Just an indifferent product not good not bad nothing more than water and perfum.Moisture surge line by Clinique MUCH better

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by clink

Skin type background - I have combination skin and can get quite oily. But my skin is dehydrated.

I got this moisturizer after taking the Chanel skin test. The SA recommended this to me base on my answers. It really helps restore the lost moisture and makes my skin soft and supple. I live in a humid environment but this helps me feel moisturised without feeling greasy.

the only thing is it finishes rather fast and I wish it wasn't so expensive. one bottle lasts me only 4 months max. but i will repurchase.
    Update : I've finished the whole bottle and I'd say nothing much happened to my skin besides being moisturized. I could find another moisturizer that does more work like with SPF, anti-aging properties etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients :
    Water . Alcohol Denat . Butylene Glycol . Cyclomethicone . Silica . Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride . Hydrogenated Polydecene . Glycerin . Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer . Saccharide Isomerate . Beheneth-25 . Glyceryl Stearate . Dimethicone . Fragrance . Tocopheryl Acetate . Propylparaben . Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil . Crithmum Maritimum Extract . Benzophenone-3 . Xanthan Gum . Lavandula Extract . BHT . Tetrasodium EDTA . Citric Acid . Sodium Hyaluronate . Propylene Glycol . Phenoxyethanol . Methylparaben . Butylparaben . Ethylparaben . CI 17200/Red 33 . CI 42090/Blue 1

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Have been looking for a great moisturiser for awhile - soaks in really well and doesnt leave residue - can almost feel it hydrating my skin - remember to wear a foundation with an SPF though as this does not have on. Will definintly re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2007 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Anixiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Good packaging, it comes in a tube form. Upon application the skin does feel very moisturised. However after a few hours skin will feel dried out again even when used in combination with another Chanel daytime moisturiser such as Age Delay daytime SPF15 moisturiser. This product is good for temporary moisture boost when my skin feels it has dried out from earlier application of moisturiser or the boisture boost fluid itself, but on its own this product isn't enough to keep my skin moist for the whole day. I may or may not buy this again, after all it's good for a temporary boost a few hours after I first applied moisturiser, but it'd be inconvenient to use this over any makeup on the face - wouldn't want to mess up the makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by serene111

I very pleased with this product. It provides my combination skin with plenty of moisture-my skin actually looks plump. No break outs, works well under sunscreen and foundation. I really like the fact that it's oil free and so light. With all the other stuff that I have to layer on my face...I wanted just moisture and nothing else. Overall, I'd say this is a winner -excellent, hygenic packaging. Will buy again.