April 20, 2014 | 1185 users online

Fragrance - Givenchy - Gentleman

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think I would like this on a man. It is a very dirty, dark patchouli with great sillage and good staying power. On myself I love it. Despite the fact it reminds me of the 70's and hippie/trippie days, it is not a headshop patch. Much closer to Aromatics imo. Great scent, not for every day, but when I am in the mood.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm giving a review from my memory of this. I bought this for my boyfriend, who was the guitarist in my band. He never wore a cologne before, and was hesitant to wear it, but did it for me. (probably because I was all over him, after spraying it on himself) It fit the times, (middle seventies, patchouly & incense scents were very popular) so I loved it then. I haven't smelled it in over thirty years, so I couldn't comment if I would like it now, but I probably would to some degree, because if nothing else, it would bring back wonderful & exciting memories.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wear this scent myself in colder months. Yes, the patchouli is very dominant in Gentleman- but I also can detect the spiciness of cinnamon. A little goes a long way. I agree with the reviewer below- a dark, dirty patchouli. Would love to smell it on a man!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mysticaldeath

counterpoint. right about the love it or hate it. i happen to love it. i seem to like not just single scents, but also the houses behind them. as a rule im underwhelmed by penaligons, estee lauder, l'artisan even creed (there are always exceptions and original vetiver is one of them ). i seem to disproportionatly approve of serge lutens, hermes, and givenchy. super deep dark & dirty patchouli is absolutly there. i envision this as the template upon which masculine fragrances have historically been based. unmistakable

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My fiance sometimes wears this because he loves it, but I can't stand it. To me, this fragrance smells like one thing-patchouli, a smell I find repulsive. It lasts and lasts, and reeks up his clothes unlike any other cologne-I can't wash it out no matter what I try. Not even straight liquid Tide will remove it. Even the bottle stinks, and smells up the room it's in. It seems people either love or hate patchouli. It's a popular scent from the seventies, and many , many years back was used as moth repellent, so it may fondly remind people of their grandparents houses. I just happen to be in that group of people who find it utterly repulsive. Well, I guess our house won't have moths.