December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Blush - Kevyn Aucoin - The Pure Powder Glow in Dolline (Apricot)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Got it because of MUA reviews - great buy! Lovely peach color, suits my Vitalumiere 25Petale skin. Packaging offers very good mirror but lousy brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Kevyn Aucoin cosmetics really are nice and high quality. I was first introduced to his blushes when I saw the color 'Myracle' which is a hot pink. I love this blush and a little goes a looooong way. I was looking for a peachy apricot color and when I saw Dolline, I knew I had to try it. After applying the color with my ELF powder brush, I noticed that the color really didnt show up on my face, UNLESS I applied a heavy hand. I'm NC 30-35 and this color was just OK. I guess the color didnt really stand out on my skintone. I believe this color would compliment fair skin tones nicely rather than medium/olive. In case you are wondering, the blush is housed in a sleek and slim, red plastic case. It comes with a mirror and a small brush. There is no shimmer in the blush. Keep in mind that his blushes are very powdery so make sure you have a good base to work with prior to applying. Yes. It is expensive ($35-37) but I like the fact that there are few ingredients and great quality. Highly pigmented and finely milled. All in all, I say give his blushes a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this blush! Perfect color of light/medium peachy/apricot. Really warms up and brightens the face. This is what I wanted Chanel Espiegle to be. Though I still do like the Chanel, I find their blushes are not the most pigmented. I have yet to find a Kevyn Aucoin product I don't like. This goes on super smooth, has terrific staying power (at least 14 hours for me), and doesn't break me out. It's pricey, but for the quality, you really do get what you pay for. Super pigmented, super luxurious, super beautiful. I would definitely repurchase this blush. It's one of my favorites in my collection. I rate it up there with Illamasqua for pigment and quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy moly, easily the prettiest blush out there! I have always been more of a pink blush person, but based on the reviews from MUA, I decided to take the plunge. And the plunge has been head over heels, skipping down the street like a school girl type of plunge. Not sure what I can add that hasn't been said before - yes its expensive. yes, I too get compliments on how great I look, not on the makeup. yes it lasts all day on my oily skin... yes, I am in love. I say I would repurchase but not sure that I need to as these blushes seem to last forever. If you have a special occasion or a birthday coming up and desire a treat, this is it. You won't look back.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This and KA Shadore (Soft Pink) are the two blushes that are ALWAYS front and center on my makeup table. This is the ultimate, matte apricot. For reference, it's far more orange and less pink than Bobbi Brown's Apricot blush, but it has about the same pigment level and intensity. It's great with all coral and peach lip colors. If I could only have two blushes, Shadore and Dolline would be my choices. When I travel, I limit myself to these two. I'm not crazy about the oblong compact, but the little brush inside is quite adequate for quick touch ups.

This is BLUSH PERFECTION!

On a side note, one earlier reviewer claimed that phenyl trimethicone (a type of silica used in KA powder blush) commonly causes acne. In fact, it is normally listed on acne websites as being safe and non-comedogenic. I have never seen it listed as an ingredient that causes acne. That's not to say that it couldn't make someone break out--almost any cosmetic ingredient can do that. I just wouldn't let this scare me away from trying this superb blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ranianed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

high quality, great peach matte blush. every day of the week im either wearing this shade or shadore. couldnt live without them. LOVE that this is a true matte blush which i think is sometimes hard to find. for double a double dose consider the cream blush then applying the powder for super staying power but not necessary i just hate carrying too many products with me in my tiny evening bags.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Believe the hype. I have a ton of peach, coral and salmon blushes already so I didn't buy this for the longest time. Now that I have, I love it. While the shade is beautiful - an invigorating bright peach that really wakes up warm complexions without looking clownish - it's the way it melts into your skin and looks so natural that makes this blush special. If you feel blushes look stripey or loud on you, but find sheer blushes to just vanish, give this a try. It gives my non-cheekbones definition, gives my whole face color, yet looks like part of my natural flush. Great blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would not buy this again because it is too pigmented for me. However, I must note that I *hate* to look like I'm wearing blush. (The only blushes that are sheer enough for me are Becca's Sylph, Malika & Wisp.)

I just touched the tip of my 187 to the cake & lightly applied it, and while it probably would've looked perfect to most people, for me it was too much (because it showed!).

But the shade --- omg, pure heaven. Slightly warm, yet healthy/semi-bright peach. And what everyone says about the "glow from within look" is absolutely true. I didn't know exactly what they meant by that until I tried this. Unlike my other blushes (all powder) this looks like a cream blush because it leaves a glow on your cheeks that looks naturally dewy!? I've never used anything like it . . . a powder that ends up looking like you just blush this shade naturally, if you know what I mean by that.

This is called a "matte" blush, but there is nothing matte about it! Having said that, there is no shimmer either. But since it gives a slightly dewy glow, it just shouldn't be called matte.

I applied it, very sparingly, at 8:15AM. At 11:30PM it was still there in full force - no fading at all, and no oxidizing or changing color. With my slightly yellow coloring (NC20) this shade gives the most naturally beautiful flush. If KA would just make this in a super-sheer version I'd be all over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

Hands down the best blush ever. Don't be fooled by the online color, it looks like a pale beige color. This is actually a fleshy pink that looks like an instant flush once you put it on your face. Totally natural. This is in between shimmer and matte.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Dolline is a gorgeous peach matte blush, which will gives me a fresh and awaken complexion any time I use it. Although it is matte, it's doesn't leave a chalky or powdery finish on your cheeks.

The package is sleek and has a big mirror. The brush it comes along with is nice to reapply on the go. I'll use another brush if I'm at home or have my MU brushes with me, but for a quick fix one I'm out of the door, the one that comes in the compact will do.

It is a pricey blush and it's difficult to find where I live, but I'd def. repurchase if I run out.