July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was swatching Dior's Fluid lipstick on the back of my hand the other day, I was so tempted to buy one but with the $35 price tag I just could not cave. I was browsing the ELF section at Target when I encountered this little guy called "Luscious Liquid Lipstick" I picked up the shade Bark because it was unlike anything I currently own. It feels quite a bit like the Dior Fluid lipstick on the back of my hand, it looks much like it on my lips, except it has a lovely light mint scent and tingling sensation. The packaging is not my favorite, it a step up from a Stila lip-glaze though, and I am excited to get my hand's on more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these lipsticks! Great pigmentation. Very creamy and smooth. Some have scent and some feel minty! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Only downside is they have short lasting power, so need to re-apply every hour. BUTTT it's 1 dollar so common!!!

Check out my youtube review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical because of the mixed reviews but I went ahead and bought Baby Lips and Pink Lemonade and I've never turned back! I have every shade. I have a ton of MAC lipsticks but I never use them as much as these lip products! They stay on all day and I don't have to worry about it getting on my teeth. Super comfy, beautiful on the lips and only $1! My new HG product! Run and purchase these! You won't regret it! I'm obsessed with this lip product! I wear it everyday. When I run out I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't dry out or crack my lips. Color is rich and stays on for hours. Inexpensive and well made. I am very impressed with all of the lipsticks from the E.L.F. line.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

'Bark' is a really pretty pinkish-brown shade, just a bit darker than my natural lip colour so it's perfect for me as a 'my lips but better' shade, great for everyday wear and when I want to look natural but a bit more 'polished.'
The product goes on smoothly and I love the minty smell! I think it's more of a thick lip-gloss than a lipstick.

I do find the container flimsy (I've had 2 of these and one broke so I had to transfer the product to a pot). The other one is fine but I still feel the container's pretty delicate. Be extra gentle when twisting the bottom of the pen to dispense the product.

You don't get much of the product, but this is only 1.50 on the UK e.l.f web-site, so I'm OK with that. I find I don't need to use much anyway.

I have repurchased this and would again because despite the bad packaging, the product itself is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

just love it. i dont wear lipsticks because my lips are dry, elf luscious lipstick is more like a gloss but not as sheer. perfect for dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I must say, I quite fancy these e.l.f. Liquid Lipsticks. This one and Pink Lemonade just happen to be my favorites. Bark isn't too brown (which I feared it would be since the color drops on the website suck tremendously), but rather a perfect mauve-y nude shade for me. No pink undertones, no shimmer. It's rather sheer, but for me, it has just enough pigment so it can hold its own by itself, without a lipstick underneath. It gives my lips just a little bit of warm color (it's not pale at all), and I think this would look great on top of extremely pale lipsticks such as MAC's Myth, (which I don't have), but I've been using this and Victoria's Secret LE Lipstick in 'Instinct,' a said dupe for Myth. It's a great nude as well, and together, they really make a perfect lip combo. Lasts a surprisingly decent time (started fading after a little more than an hour on me), not too sticky, gives just the right amount of shine without being overly shiny. Smells refreshing too. AND it never settles into the lines of my lips after it's been on my lips for a while. It stays smooth and I was glad that it has a moisturizing feel to it.
On the downside, I hate the applicators and the packaging altogether on these, but seriously, it's the product inside that counts, and what's inside, I think is pretty darn good quality. This is my second tube of this shade, and I will definitely be purchasing at least five more of these and five more of Pink Lemonade with my next order.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by allthegoodonesaretaken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Definitely the best lip product e.l.f. has to offer. I had bought 12 of these during their last sale. Bark is my to go color when I have zero time to figure out the lip color I want to wear for the day (I am extremely indecisive, ok?). It looks very natural on me and I just love the convenient packing. It can be a little confusing since there are a lot of other 'Bark' named lip products and the colors are totally different from each other. I personally have went through 6 of these babies. You can't tell me I don't love this. ; )

Will keep buying as long as they keep making. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by petralovesit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this today and I love it. I love everything about it, the color, the applicator tip and the packaging. You don't get much product but for the price, I can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is like a brown version of the Baby lips liquid lipstick. It is a very sheer nude gloss. The texture is really nice, non-sticky and moisturizing. It gives your lips a really pretty glow. The staying power is ok but because of the spongy applicator it is really easy to reapply even without a mirror. It has a strong minty smell that I really like, but it's gone 10 minutes after application. I like the packaging as well, I have these luscious lipsticks in every color and I've never had any problems with them. I do wish there was a bit more product in each container.
Up till now I have given all the luscious lipsticks I've reviewed a 5 star rating but this one is a bit too sheer for my liking. Would repurchase though.