October 20, 2014 | 2122 users online

Fragrances - Eadward Indulge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

I want to say that while I wouldn't buy this product for myself, I'm not saying other people shouldn't buy it, or that there's something wrong with it. Indulge is very pretty. I loved it in the sample vial. I was eyeing it for months, then found a swap opportunity. Unfortunately, I didn't test drive it well first. About half the chocolates out there go putrid on my skin. I have no doubt they work on other people. The bad ones tend to be a chocolate spice combination which may be traceable to a specific chocolate spice oil. But be that as it may, I will say that if you are one for whom chocolate can go putrid on skin, then test this thoroughly before buying. It is a somewhat uneven combination of cinnamon, chocolate, orange, and vanilla notes, very rich, very gourmand. There are a couple of different versions floating around out there, and it has a more sophisticated feel to it than you might expect from the notes. But alas, it is one of the potentially problematic chocolates.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this scent in a La Creme order, and while I enjoyed trying it, I don't think I'd really want to own this scent. The notes are listed below, so I won't list them again.

When I first applied the scent, I got hints of dark chocolate and citrus that quickly deepened into something spicier. As the spices kicked in, they kept the chocolate from getting too sweet on my skin. This is a chocolate scent without the dreaded Play-doh accord that I normally get from these. I wouldn't mind wearing this scent around the house occasionally, but it's a little too foody for my tastes in general. Still, it is well done and those who like foody scents should try it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by carlyannemckay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck! I'm a candle! Not a good scent at all. I might spray this in the room around Xmas but that's it. I'm a gourmand fragrance lover but this is overkill to me. So artificial and canned. Kind of like Vanilla Cannelle by CSP but it's missing that high quality ability to meld with one's own scent. This just sits on top with a rather flat, dense stench of Gingerbread, YUCK. Wow, I really hate this. I will throw this out because if I gave it to someone they might wear it around me and that would just be bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by pook555

Ooh, I love this one! Yes, it is foody (but not sickly sweet foody), so if you don't like foody scents this is not for you. On me I smell dark chocolate, orage, cinnamon, with a hint of vanilla. All in all it melds into a yummy gingerbread chocolate scent. It's lasting power is pretty good at about 4 hours or so and fading into a vanilla cloud. It is soo comforting, and although it is more of a holiday scent, it is something I'll wear all year round (also a great before bedtime scent as well). A winner! Update: I get serious compliments whenever I wear this - it's still a fav and still yummy!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by rbrewer

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was very marmalade-y on me at first - unfortunately, a sickly/sugary mass-produced supermarket marmalade rather than the luscious fruit-heavy homemade kind - and then it turned to pure cinnamon and sugar. Not unpleasant, but very foody, and frankly, if I'm in the mood to indulge, I'm going to choose something much more rich and decadent than this. For someone looking for a fairly straight-up cinnamon scent, this would probably be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A very pleasant fragrance that smells like candied oranges, cinnamon and vanilla. It's very Christmassy and warm, and perfect for the cool months. Surprisingly lasting for an inexpensive fragrance. Per the reviews below, I agree that it tends to settle down into a generic "potpourri" scent. On me, the drydown actually smells like a burning bayberry-spice candle, complete with beeswax note. And yet, I can't stop smelling it when I have it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by CareerLady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a dark ambery chocolate, plus sweet orange marmalade, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. I don't know what the official notes are but I'm describing what it's like on me. It's the perfect Holiday scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

Because I'm a stickler for foodie scents, this one is a winner with me. It smells like a delightful gingerbread cookie. I really don't smell any orange in it, but I do smell a buttery chocolate/ginger. It even kind of smells like a fried banana mimicking that of e-tailer LOL Candles Sweet Fried Banana scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 5:26:00 AM More reviews by DunandaFalls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Indulge
by Eadward is an extremely sweet fragrance with top notes that remind
me of Cherry 7-Up. Give it a few minutes and the ginger becomes more
prominent giving it a very strong gingerbread cookie feel. I do get
the cake batter accord out of it at this point as well along with an
interesting and fun buttery accord. Throughout, Indulge is more of a
sugary fragrance than it is vanilla. And I was hoping for more
chocolate, or ANY chocolate for that matter. The first 15 minutes
are somewhat complex but the dry down is very one dimensional,
however it still doesn’t smell like a weak $0.99 body spray from
Wal-Mart. It's richer and longer lasting than any of those by far.
I really like that "baked" cake feel that happens to it
after about 15 minutes when the cinnamon begins to take over. But
two minutes later it smells like a stick of Big Red with a touch of
ginger, which I really don’t care for. I like the cake/cookie
stage much more than the cinnamon stick + ginger phase. I wish they
could preserve the top notes because the dry down is a bit of a bore.

Notes:
white chocolate, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, orange marmalade

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

This does smell like gingerbread. It really does. It isn't very complex at all. Although it is a good smell its not something I would want to smell like. Waaaay too foody for me. I think this would be great room fragrance though.