MAC Select SPF 15 Moistureblend [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Di-PPG-3-Myristyl Ether Adipate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tribehenin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Di/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Arachidyl Propionate, Ozokerite, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Bis-Stearyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Trihydroxystearin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Ceramide 2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Bisabolol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid Select SPF15 Moistureblend Foundation may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide

on 12/30/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i bought this on ebay and i have to admit that this is my first high-end foundation. everything i own is from the drugstore, so i was pretty excited about this to say the least.
and i wasn't disappointed! not only does it go on super smooth and easily, it also blends well and fades in to my face.it covers my acne scars pretty well and makes my skin look so soft and smooth. it's not perfect for under eye circles, but a little concealer does the trick! i went to work and came home to touch up my makeup.. i look in the mirror.. and surprise! my foundation hadn't budged. i'm used to having to touch my makeup up throughout the day, but once was enough!
you might be able to buy better stuff for the price, this is the only one i have ever tried. but to me it is well worth not having to go through trial and error of drug store brands. i know this is discontinued, but if you have dry skin and can get your hands on this, i would recommend it!

on 11/21/2011 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I usually don't pay this much for make-up, but I really wanted to try this for some reason. I ordered it online and I know I paid around $25 or more for it. I was so excited to receive it UNTIL I put it on! I have super dry skin and when I first looked at this it looked really creamy but I thought that would be OK because of my skin. Well, when I applied it, it just seemed to smudge around all over my face and gave hardly any coverage! I ordered the NC40 color and I don't think that is the right shade for me, but I don't think I would like it in any other shades as well. Let me give you a tip if any of this sounds like something you have experienced...... Try Cover Girl's Ultimate Finish Cream to Powder makeup. It comes in a compact and is supposed to do the same thing as this. I absolutely LOVE that stuff and it gives u a full coverage so you don't even have to use a concealer with it. If I didn't learn anything else from this, it was that just because something costs about 5 times more than another product, it doesn't make it better!!! Thanks and Good Luck to you girlies! I WISH I WOULD HAVE CAME ON HERE AND READ YOU REVIEWS BEFORE I BOUGHT MINE BECAUSE THEY SOUND A LOT LIKE MINE!!

on 4/2/2011 10:17:00 AM

My skin tends to get dry during cold months. So i have to look for a foundation which doesn't dry my skin out. Select moistureblend is so creamy and moisturizing. The coverage is medium /buildable. The thing i like most about this foundation is it looks great in the photos. The face looks luminous and kindda give a glow in the photos unlike studio fix fluid. But this is only for those with dry skin. Oily skin ppl, keep away from this foundation.

on 11/28/2010 11:08:00 AM

I thought this was a really good foundation. I break out easily, and I heard that a bunch of people broke out from MAC foundations but this did not break me out at all, just as long as I remove my makeup before going to bed. I'm an NC20, which is perfect for covering up my acne scars on my cheeks. The only thing I didn't really like about is would have to be the price. I think there's not a lot of product and it's quite pricey. I'm almost done mine and I bought it in September, and I don't even put a lot, but I guess that's how it is with high-end products.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've used MAC's Select SPF15 foundation for the past couple of years, and have no intention of using any other foundation. Before I came across MAC, I struggled to find a foundation that catered for my olive skintone. Luckily there was a MAC store on my local highstreet, and I walked in, talked to a consultant who was very helpful who selected the shade NC40 for me. It maybe a little pricey, but I do think that good makeup sometimes tends to be that way!, the bottle lasts a very longtime as it applies with a medium coverage and you don't need to apply a lot (I use MAC's foundation brush, but you can also apply with a sponge). I also have quite sensitive skin and not experienced any problems with this. What I love about MAC is that they cater for all skintones - fair to dark.

on 8/16/2010 4:50:00 PM

I love how creamy this product is. My face doesn't feel dry when I apply this. It offers medium coverage and feels very lightweight when applied. I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/11/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of this stuff! It works great on dry skin and gives a very dewy finish. It's a light to medium coverage, so concealer is defo needed with this one. Also a primer works better since this foundation can move around a bit. Perfect for winter and I will need to puchase soon seeing as that sinister season is coming soon!
Edit: I think this was a counterfeit MAC product since I bought it online and looks nothing like the original in MAC stores. Also it loses it's coverage during the day and I hit pan very early on. Boo!

on 7/26/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I would use this foundation religiously throughout winter!...No seriously. It kept my flaky skin at bay and left me with lush, hydrated skin. This foundation is super creamy to the touch, so creamy that I feel it gives nothing more than moderate coverage, this may be a disadvantage to some but perfect for me as I don't feel comfortable with full coverage. I must say though, it does give a greasy finish, not a dewy glow but greasy! Not Cool!, apart from that it's amazing, I use this in NC44 which matches me better during winter as I am more of a dark NC45 during summer so sad it's being discontinued :(, I always use cream foundations during winter not particularly heavy cream-powder ones since they tend to cake up and migrate really bad in my nooks and crannies haha! Bye Select Moistureblend! :'(
Well hello MAC Studio Tech or Mineralize Foundation ! *raises eyebrows*

on 5/27/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

At first I loved this foundation when I was superdark, but after a year it started to make me look orange and enhanced my redness even more! It really is moisturizing, but it rubs and melts off so easily. Maybe I should try another change.Other than that I wouldn't buy it again.

on 5/21/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

First and foremost, this foundation is better if you have dry skin, like myself. The foundation has jojoba oil in it so do yourself a favor and do not buy this foundation if you have oily skin. I apply this foundation on top of the oil that I use to moisturize my skin. The foundation is very smooth and looks dewy on your face. I repeat, REPEAT this foundation is better for DRY SKIN.

Anyway, I have been using this foundation for about a year and I love it. It's the best foundation that I have ever had. I wear NC44 and it's the perfect shade for my skin.

Remember, THIS IS FOR DRY SKIN.