August 23, 2014 | 1374 users online

Mascara - American Beauty - Double Lush Mascara in Lush Black plus primer

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The primer isn't very strong, but it did separate the lashes decently and made them look fluffy. Didn't agree too well with my curled lashes unfortunately. The mascara was worse. It offered no volume, only a little length, and completely ruined whatever curl was left. On top of that, the mascara had a chemical smell. I wouldn't recommend this. It was on the pricey side and I didn't get anything out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cdrista215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I have been searching for a mascara that doesn't smudge/run off my face within hours of using. I have very oily skin and have tried EVERYTHING out there. I only use cruelty free make up so my choices were limited, but recently picked this up and I love it. I paid $12 for it at Kohl's (but had a coupon so it was actually about $9). I had never used a primer with a mascara before, so this separated my lashes out nicely and went on smoothly. I waited a minute or two before applying the mascara and the end result was great. Thicker, prettier lashes. I am lucky to have long thing lashes and this just makes them better, making me look more awake and I'm so happy to find something that "stays put." I'll definitely buy this product again and I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by NessaPx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this product! Lengethened, with no clump. Could sometimes look unnatural with bent ends. I definitely reccommend curling before applying. Also, it is affordable.It did not add much volume and the tube only lasted me a month or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have never used a mascara with a primer before so i have nothing to compare it to. this does make my lashes super long. i have never had any issues with clumping either. it could make them thicker and then it would be HG material. but that is the only down side. otherwise it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by YoursEvermore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My sister had bought one of the Maybelline mascaras + primers (I think it was Volum XL or something) and the effect was kind of scary, so I stayed away from this type of mascara for a while. However, when I finally bought it, it wasn't so scary. It's actually become my "special" mascara that I wear when I go out at night and want long, defined lashes. I definitely liked it a lot better than AB's "Softly Shaping" mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not too impressed with this mascara. I bought the Dark Brown, hoping to find a cheaper replacement for my MAC Mascara X in Brown. The primer goes on well; the mascara doesn't. The brush makes my lashes clump-- not attractive! I don't like the color, either. The 'dark brown' looks black on my lashes, which I'm not too fond of. I'll stick with my MAC.

Edit: Hmm... Not so bad anymore. It helps to let the primer dry a bit more. Still a *bit* clumpy, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Loisl

I was surprised by the reviews for this product. I bought it to replace Clinique's lash primer and returned it. It just didn't work, and I didn't like having to purchase their mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupmavenn

EDIT: All this does is smudge, flake and give me raccoon eye. HG it is not!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought I should add my two cents here because this is the mascara I keep coming back to. Decent volume and length; glossy finish; literally never dries out -- I'm past 6 months and it's still going strong; never have clumps on the brush, seperates nicely; and the squared-off packaging keeps it from rolling around when I put it down. I don't use the primer because I don't want my eyelashes brushing against my eyeglass lenses, so extra-long length is not a top priority for me. I know I could curl them everyday, but that's a little more work than I'm willing to put in, LOL. Anyway, since I don't use the primer, I was thinking of buying one black and one brown; removing the primer end of one of them and washing the primer brush; then unscrewing the other color and screwing it onto the clean primer brush end. Voila! Two mascara colors in one tube for about $20!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2005 8:00:00 PM More reviews by slyvester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara does a agreat job of lengthening and adding some thickness. Both the primer and mascara go on smoothly. The double ended brush does take a bit of practice to use. I did take one lippie off because of very slight flaking by the end of the day but other than that (and it is very minor)this mascara is wonderful!