April 17, 2014 | 1691 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the palette in 022 for blue eyes which contains a penny colour, a dark brown, and a champagne colour. The dark brown and champagne colour a pigmented quite well and have a pretty good texture. The penny colour is not as pigmented but I have started using it wet and getting super good results, it looks absolutely gorgeous and pigmented. I didn't pay very much for this palette so I am quite impressed. I would recommend this only to people who have fair skin I don't think it would show up well on others.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

My Mum has palette number 202 - Intense i-color trio for blues.
How do I know this? A few days ago I could not stop staring at her eyes and demanded to know what e/s she had on! She had lined her upper lid with, and applied a touch in the inner corner of, the bottom shade in the trio: the copper. She'd also applied a light wash of the darkest chocolate colour in the crease for definition. It was such a soft look, but it was so gorgeous! For reference she'd be about an NW20-25. As soon as I'd found the culprit for her mesmerising look, I swatched all three colours on my fingers and was pleasantly surprised at the colour pay-off. I haven't used these e/s myself so I'm not sure of the staying power. HOWEVER, I know Mum is a makeup amateur and does not use any kind of primer (hell, she wouldn't even know to powder her eyelids before e/s), so I'm guessing the staying power is pretty great!
Anyway, I want to talk more about the copper colour because I find it quite unique. It's not your usual orangey copper! I myself have blue eyes and can't stand copper shades that are too orange because I'm cool-toned and they look ridiculous on me. This is annoying because copper is meant to "pop" blue eyes like nothing else. This copper, however, is more like a peachy-pink, IMHO. More soft and feminine, and definitely more wearable for an everyday look.
Moving on, Almay is cheap and hypo-allergenic, both of which are always a plus. Mum has very sensitive eyelids and this has never given her a reaction.
The packaging is plain plastic (meh) but the palette closes with a reassuring click, which I like a lot because I cannot stand the thought of shattered e/s ruining my makeup bag. The other two shades in this palette are a lovely, light champagne (perfect as an all-over wash for day) and a cool-toned chocolate. For the price, I highly recommend this palette. And get on to that copper shade - it's gorgeous!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm review the Intense i-Color for the green eyes. SO here I go:
1) This was my first and last purchase from Almay
2) None of the 3 colors show up on my eyes
3) The packaging is way to bulky for my liking
4) I'm really sad I wasted $ on this
5) PLS DONT GET THIS ...:(...;(...:x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess there have been multiple editions for the blue eyes. The one im reviewing is number 22 with an orange, dark chocolate brown and a light sand color. First off im dark skinned NC55 and the brown eyes quad was too chalky and light so I brought this one. The orangey bronze shade is very light on me and needs to be packed on. The dark brown shade is great for crease work and the shimmery sandy beige looks good as a highlight. Since I usually only use the dark brown and sandy beige this trio is not that great of a value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I got this for people with hazel eyes, but I have blue. I must say, it makes the perfect smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this eye shadow exclusively. I have it in the trio for blues (coffee, chocolate, and sand are what I think the colors are called, they're all shades of brown) and I love it! I wouldn't know what colors to choose on my own, but this does it for me! it really brings out my blue eyes well, and the colors are gorgeous. a little pricey for me (around 8 bucks) but I think everything else is around the same price, and I haven't found anything else that I like better!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the for green eyes (my eyes are hazel but they have a lot of green in them).
The lid colour is a pink, the contour is a burgundy and the highlighter is a creamy golden peach. The colours are quite pretty and I would probably like them if they weren't so glittery. Won't buy again because of that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the trio for blue eyes 022, which has an orangey brown for the lid, a dark brown for the crease and a sand color for the brow bone. I find the lid color too orangey for me, after an hour the colors are fading and I look like I have been crying, you have to apply the dark brown in the crease very lightly and blend well or you look bruised plus they are super shiny! I would never waste my money on these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the trio for greens(bronze,olive green, creamy white)This eyeshadow trio is FAB-YOO-LOUS!!!!LOVEEE IT! My friends have all noticed that my eyes look greener and they are really hazel with partial places of green and I wanted to emphasize on the green, and I made the right choice for SURE. Another MAJOR plus for me is that it stays on for like, 10 hours without smudging off and that is great for someone like me with oily skin, AND I have bball practice almost everyday and it lasts through the sweat, oil, and humidity. This stuff is a dream. Couldnt ask for better color combinations, endurance, or enhancing on a color. :) love ya Almay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

If applied VERY LIGHTLY over a primer they turn out like they look in the pan and do last

CONS- chalky and fly everywhere when applied