December 21, 2014 | 1620 users online

Other - Aveda - Comforting Tea

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This by far THE BEST tea to ever exist. It is such a unique blend but very tasty. I used to work for Aveda and I drank so much of this tea... and I didn't once get sick of it. I prefer it to be a bit darker but not too dark, otherwise the taste can be a little bit overpowering. I am such a tea person, and this one is definitely in my top 3! It's a little pricey, but so worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've been buying this for years and will continue to keep it stocked in my pantry. It lasts forever and is 100% organic. This has helped me drastically reduce my coffee consumption and it's only 5 calories per serving and has no caffeine! The peppermint and licorice is not only yummy but a natural anti-inflammatory. When I drink this tea I feel relaxed and almost like time slows down. I really enjoy it. I also believe it's helping me lose weight!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sjovan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Expensive but worth it! Perfect after meal tea or when you're sick or just cuddling up under a blanket. I like it hot or cold and it's sweet and refreshing. The mint isn't too overpowering and I don't even need to add sugar.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ragdollbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this tea yesterday at an Aveda salon and thought it was really nice, very unique and soothing to drink. Depending on how strong it is brewed you can either really taste the sweet licorice or it can just be more subtle.

I'm laughing though how you guys are complaining about how expensive it is at $24. In Australia it's $40!! Don't think I'd buy it at that price, but might try making it up myself and see how it compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this tea. And I'm not even a tea drinker. I always find that's too bitter or tastes too much like herbs or leafs. But this tastes wonderful. Like previous reviewers said, it is naturally sweetened and you don't need to put anything in it to make it taste good. It has a comforting taste and aroma and I can't wait to drink some in the autumn or winter. The only downside is the price and it's the only reason I don't drink it daily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

The salon where I go uses only Aveda products and they always offer me this tea to drink while I am waiting in the lobby. While I find the licorice and fennel scents and flavors relaxing, they smell and taste too medicinal for me to enjoy on a regular basis and I would not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by aminorsmurf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. I unfortunately agree with the others about the price being expensive, but I am lucky to work in an Aveda store so I get to drink it for free. This is the only kind of tea that I can drink without adding ANYTHING to it. So once again, I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by geekychick

i love this tea, but it's sooooo expensive. when i was little, my mom would give me a piece of licorice root to suck on if i had a sore throat. this tea reminded me of that the first time i had it. i don't think it serves any medicinal purposes, but it's nice tasting anyway

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This tea is so YUM!. I first saw the review here on MUA. The next day I went to the store to see if they had a sample. Sure enough, the sales assistant at Aveda offered me some. It's kind of sweet but minty at the same time. I would have never guessed there was licorice in here but all the ingredient mix really well together.

It is pricy for tea but it comes in a large package so it will last awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kikifly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though this tea is quite expensive, it is pleasant tasting and probably worth it for some. Pricing is comparable to some premium tea leaves...although technically there is no "tea" in this. It is and herbal mix of mint, licorice and fennel. My main complaint about this product is that licorice can be a dangerous addition to some peoples diet. Licorice promotes the loss of potassium from the body. Potassium loss is responsible for muscle cramps and irregular heartbeats. I experienced all this and no longer ingest licorice. Not all things natural are safe.