July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Wet Shine lipstick ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, these were my favorite lipstick in high school. The sheer shades were perfect, easy to apply even without a mirror, which was excellent since I always did my makeup on the school bus lol. Felt like a balm on the lips, shiny, but not sticky or heavy at all. Great all-day moisturizing, frequent reapplication, though. Didn't even bother trying to eat lunch with this on, I'd just wipe it off beforehand. Loved the little pale pink tube, I wore a lot of these down to the nub. And, the diamonds line of this lipstick! I wore outrageous makeup in high school (it was the 2000s, but I thought it was the '80s, seriously), I was all about the neon spandex with matching eyeshadow and hair that changed color every month with tons of the glittery lipstick! I'm much more boring now heheh. I would definitely buy these up again if they ever brought them back!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular line of Maybelline lipsticks were my HG lip product when I was in middle school. It was absolutely appropriate for my age -- semi-sheer, somewhat glossy yet non-sticky. Of course, it never made it till the end of second period (let alone lunch), but I never minded. In fact, I loved whipping it out in class and applying it -- I instantly felt so much more sophisticated than the other girls with their tubes of frosty, pink lip gloss and lip balms.

However, like all good things, it came to an (untimely) end when Maybelline discontinued them in the U.S. Luckily, for some, they're still being sold as "Water Shine" lippies in Asia. I could also purchase these on eBay, but I worry that they'd probably be spoiled.

This review is mostly based on nostalgia, but if I ever came across these again, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BRING BACK "STRAWBERRY ICE"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetmonique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick great, colors, I hate that it has been discontinued. This was one of the first lipsticks that I have ever used and loved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Love this stuff. I've been hoarding an almost empty stick for years, but I finally bit the bullet and got two tubes off Ebay since it is sadly discontinued. My shade is Strawberry Ice. Goes on smoothly, doesn't crack, and leaves a nice reddish stain behind when it wears off, almost like I was eating a strawberry popsicle. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Nice range in color, the last power is quite good but gets a little dry at the end of the day...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

I purchased "Ice Princess." I love the sheer, silky smooth consistency of the product. Not very good staying power, but excellent texture and shine. It is almost like gloss in a stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sweetie87456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These can be found in dollar tree stores. I got a few shades figuring- at a buck what do I have to lose? It very sheer- almost nude looking. I got one in "blush" and another in a redder shade. Blush is a super pale like a lipbalm. I would buy these again if I saw them cause its not a bad deal to try out a color. However, if they were in a drug store for more than 1 dollar I would not buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by nicholyse

I bought this at Walgreens on sale ( it was about $3... so, not bad ) I was surprised how beautiful the color was on me.. I have slightly darker olive skin and Sparkling Sand looks great against it. It does definitely shine, but goes on a lot smoother and lasts longer than lip glosses that give the same effect. It is also non-tacky and does not catch my hair on a windy day, which was a big selling point. I definitely recommend this lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ScullyNess

I own a couple of tubes of this, at first I thought, this isn't bad but,it's just really thin. It has Zero, nada, zip, no staying power at all which is a dissapointment. This is really slick like a gloss, thats why it fades so quickly. The color coverage on the maybelline wear and go lipsticks is 3x's better. Hate to say it but wet n wild has better lipsticks that are shinier if that's what your after.