September 16, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - The Makeup Natural Finish Combing Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I liked the packaging enough and the brush as it gives me good definition with minimal clumps, but other than that, it doesnt do much for my lashes.

Theres a bad smell to this product, and I need several coats to make it even look like I have abit of mascara on (even though I know its for a more natural look) and its difficult for me to remove with my makeup remover, so for the price I paid (around $25), I am disapointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by linhyyx

OMG! This mascara is the best one I have ever purchased. In fact I haven't found any mascara that did such a great job as this one. Firstly I curled my lashes ( I don't normally do because I'm use to the fact that they always go back down after I put on a few coats of any mascara but I did for the shiseido one just coz the lady at the till suggested me to) then carefully applied the mascara. The results were absolutely amazing! The most fascinating thing was that my lashes didn't drop back down. Another good side to it is that you can leave it for a while to dry a little bit and then apply any volumising mascara just to add more impact to it. But do apply it carefully so that you don't loose the curl!
This mascara is just amazing! I have tried other products from L'oreal, Lancome, maybelline, bourjois, Dior to Rimmel London etc. which never worked as promised. I have avarage length asian lashes but they are kind of thin and very straight. But look great when curled and with this mascara. I recommend this to anyone that has similar eyelashes as mine because this mascara will do the trick and it's totally fab! It's a shame I didn't find this mascara at the beginning, otherwise I would save hips loads of money T_T but yeah I have finally found it so now I'm happy xD

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ratmist

I prefer natural looking lashes to dramatic lashes for daytime and most evening looks. I have very thick, long lashes, so my first issue was in finding a good curler (best for my Asian eyes has been Shiseido curler). I've used many different mascaras - all of them clump up and many leave my sensitive eyes watering after a while.

I tried the Natural Finish mascara on a whim, around 2pm on a very cold, blustery, wet winter afternoon. By 10pm, my lashes were still looking fantastic. Curled, defined, and natural looking. No clumps, no ring of mascara around my eyes. It didn't smudge even a little bit, and seemed to fulfill all the promises on the box. It resisted the oil on my fingers (it was so cold and wet I kept wiping my eyes) and the wetness. I still can't believe it. 16 is totally worth it. I wonder how well it would work with the Shiseido Mascara Base, if I did want a less natural look!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:28:00 AM More reviews by vanchi228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

if ur're after a natural look with no smudge from a mascara, curl your lash first, apply SSD mascara base and then this on. and trust me, you will look naturally gorgeous.
also, i was told by the SSD SA that this mascara is best at separating your lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tatinacious

This stuff is amazing!! It's super natural and glossy and it doesn't clump AT ALL. Of course it won't give you the dramatic look because shiseido actually means for it to be put on as a top coat after another mascara. But I use this alone and I am satisfied. It gives my lashes a subtle, defined glossy look!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Aeries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ha, "natural" is a comparative term. I guess it's the most natural mascara among all shiseido masacara yet it's still more dramatic than Shu Uemura. So for those with long lashes and look for a truely natural(day time) look, this is not the product to purchase.Like the Shu, no thickening and only adds a bit of length, but yet the comb wand is so difficult if not impossible to master( to hold the comb perpendically from end to tip of lashes) and will certainly end up putting on way too much mascara on the lashes. One comment, stay away from this mascara.